Android discussion (apps, etc.)

Next issue... it would be cool to figure out a way to automatically save all mms photos to google photos.

Next issue... it would be cool to figure out a way to automatically save all mms photos to google photos.

You can select which folders to backup in the Photos app settings. Would surprise me if your text program didn't have a folder where it saves things. Hangouts does. But maybe that's just stuff I select (long press) to save. Don't know if they end up there by default.

Also, GOOGLE OPINION REWARDS should be on everyone's android phone. Free money for answering some questions now and again. I'm up a few books and paid for extra google storage through this app.

I'm almost certain the Verizon Messages backs up all photos as part as the message. When I switched phones the photos came over with the other messages.

You can select which folders to backup in the Photos app settings. Would surprise me if your text program didn't have a folder where it saves things. Hangouts does. But maybe that's just stuff I select (long press) to save. Don't know if they end up there by default.

Also, GOOGLE OPINION REWARDS should be on everyone's android phone. Free money for answering some questions now and again. I'm up a few books and paid for extra google storage through this app.

I think only the ones you manually save show up in the message app folder.

I found an app that comes close to what I need. So I'm good for now.

I'm almost certain the Verizon Messages backs up all photos as part as the message. When I switched phones the photos came over with the other messages.

It backs them up and you can see them in the Verizon message app, but I want them in my Google Photos.

You know i have that but havent seen a survey offered for a while.

Just discovered an app called "glimpse notifications" that makes the S8 light up for notifications, similar to how an iPhone does. Love it. That's been one of the few things I haven't been able to get used to.

Just discovered an app called "glimpse notifications" that makes the S8 light up for notifications, similar to how an iPhone does. Love it. That's been one of the few things I haven't been able to get used to.

You keep your phone volume turned off?

You keep your phone volume turned off?

No, but I don't like to have to manually turn the screen on if I'm working and my phone is on my desk. I like to look over and see the notification.

I guess that's what I'm used to since that's how iPhone handles it.

No, but I don't like to have to manually turn the screen on if I'm working and my phone is on my desk. I like to look over and see the notification.

I guess that's what I'm used to since that's how iPhone handles it.

So lazy!

I think my Pixel has done that since day 1. Are you taking about text and emails and such?

Yeah, I had a Nexus that always did it too. For some reason Samsung, doesn't. At least not the S8/S8+.

Yeah, I had a Nexus that always did it too. For some reason Samsung, doesn't. At least not the S8/S8+.

That's one thing I like about the Pixel. It will allow me to mark emails read without entering the email app and I can do the same with text and even reply without opening my texting app.

That's one thing I like about the Pixel. It will allow me to mark emails read without entering the email app and I can do the same with text and even reply without opening my texting app.

Yeah, I think you can do that on pretty much any phone now. My issue was the screen didn't turn on for notifications. I had to press the power button each time to see them.

Yeah, I think you can do that on pretty much any phone now. My issue was the screen didn't turn on for notifications. I had to press the power button each time to see them.

With the app can you pick which notifications you want to show up?

VN Store

Back