Anastasia Hayes dismissed.

From the looks of the articles I read she was dismissed by AD Fulmer himself. I’m sad because she had looked like she was putting in work but again it looks like the school dismissed the player. If this is true the only positive is that maybe Horston or Rodgers might come because the back court isn’t as crowded.That part that SUCKS is that would be replacing a junior with a freshman😡 I can assure you the younger sisters are probably off the recruiting trail as well 😕. So that puts us down to 10 IF Lou Brown gets here 😕😕

Last edited:
I wish her the best and hope she learns from this experience. I had such high hopes for her. I expect Dawn will be all over this.

You took ALL the words out of my mouth with your posts! I hope she learns, I am glad rules are being upheld, and I expect her Staley to hit her up but I would also keep an eye on MTSU they have been close with the Hayses since one of the sons was her AAU coach and then she was recruited to ole miss who she gave an official too (that Coach is the son of MTSU coach and the brother of her AAU Head Coach). They too are recruiting all the sisters.

From the looks of the articles I read she was dismissed by AD Fulmer himself. I’m sad because she had looked like she was putting in work but again it looks like the school dismissed the player. If this is true the only positive is that maybe Horston or Rodgers might come because the back court isn’t as crowded.That part that SUCKS is that would be replacing a junior with a freshman😡 I can assure you the younger sisters are probably off the recruiting trail as well 😕. So that puts us down to 10 IF Lou Brown gets here 😕😕
I am sure AD Fulmer had just cause. Glad to see the admin taking such a stand. No one or anyone that could be thought of as a "future" should influence a program. The program will be stronger for this type action. Like most advertising, just be hard to see the positive results. Bye the way,, AD's action,?, where was Coach ( I use the term loosely) whats her name?

You took ALL the words out of my mouth with your posts! I hope she learns, I am glad rules are being upheld, and I expect her Staley to hit her up but I would also keep an eye on MTSU they have been close with the Hayses since one of the sons was her AAU coach and then she was recruited to ole miss who she gave an official too (that Coach is the son of MTSU coach and the brother of her AAU Head Coach). They too are recruiting all the sisters.

AAU... I know kids coming from this group seem to be good, but many of them think they don't need to follow rules, they seem to feel they above team or school rules. "I am the one here" thinking. There always seem to be too many "connections" among families and friends in the AAU and like organisations for me to not be leery of many of their players.

Reactions: feathersax
If Fulmer had to handle it, How does Holly survive this? I know I am going to get bashed for this and I don’t care! I don’t know what’s going on but this is the second time in a 3 year period that someone is being dismissed from her program, somewhere somehow, things are going on and they shouldn’t be!

Some players take Holly as a relaxed easy to get over on coach that they can do things and get by with. Hopefully this will not affect the team and they will come together and have a great season. I guess now Massengill is number 2 at PG to start the season.

If you people really think Holly had no input on this, you are insane. Fuller is the AD. He is over the entire athletic department. It is his decision ultimately, especially with the potential severity of the issues. Holly made the announcement. It also says “multiple” violations. Sounds to me like Holly have Annie opportunities to work things out but ultimately she couldn’t any longer.

If I recall correctly and I may not, this family has had issues during the high school years where the girls played.

HAYES'

Reactions: igotworms
If Fulmer had to handle it, How does Holly survive this? I know I am going to get bashed for this and I don’t care! I don’t know what’s going on but this is the second time in a 3 year period that someone is being dismissed from her program, somewhere somehow, things are going on and they shouldn’t be!

I would guess that Fulmer gives Holly enough time to let this freshman class graduate before Holly is seriously considered to be fired. If she can't produce in four more seasons with the roster that she has, then she needs to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tnvols72
Mark Richt has lost control of Holly Warlick who has lost control of this program.

If I recall correctly and I may not, this family has had issues during the high school years where the girls played.

After Annie was dismissed from her HS team, the Hayes family filed suit against the school district for racial harassment and bullying. The family claimed she was continually attacked by other players and treated roughly and unfairly in practice. IIRC, the school, basketball staff and principal were all named in the suit. The Hayes family lost the case and moved to another community.

Mr. Hayes has been a helicopter parent, complaining about Annie's PT, benching, etc. UT isn't going to release specifics about the violations or incidents leading to dismissal, but it's not surprising Fulmer was involved to make sure everything was handled in the best possible way.

Which articles did you read? The coverage by KNS and WBIR doesn't even mention Fulmer. It is Holly who made the announcement.

Hayes dismissed

After Annie was dismissed from her HS team, the Hayes family filed suit against the school district for racial harassment and bullying. The family claimed she was continually attacked by other players and treated roughly and unfairly in practice. IIRC, the school, basketball staff and principal were all named in the suit. The Hayes family lost the case and moved to another community.

Mr. Hayes has been a helicopter parent, complaining about Annie's PT, benching, etc. UT isn't going to release specifics about the violations or incidents leading to dismissal, but it's not surprising Fulmer was involved to make sure everything was handled in the best possible way.
Yep that is about the way I remembered it. I say that we may have tasted victory in defeat with the whole family! JMHO!

Reactions: ldyvolsoftballfan
It's amazing how folk throw out things before everything is revealed. We don't even wait to hear all sides before we are ready to destroy a person and their image. Praying for all involved because this isn't just an Annie issue but whether many believe it or not it is Lady Vols issue. Things aren't being handled in the manner of which they once were and that needs to be corrected.

VN Store

Back