Anastasia Hayes dismissed.

So tennessee is pretty much back in the same whole as last year. Freshmen back court , Evina Turnover Westbrook is not a PG . This is really sad , 3rd Yr in a row a player has left or been dismissed. Holly making Diamond leaving look like a great move for Diamond. At the time it was the worst mistake in LV history , now it seems like the normal . #Eyeroll

Reactions: mlindsay
Yes as I recall the father was unhappy with Hayes's playing time last year. I hate to see her go but cancers are best extracted early before they ruin the entire body. No matter how good a player is, they can never be above the the team and it's rules. At least one post suggested that something must be wrong since this is the second time we have recently lost a player due to discipline issues, that is an over reach of the situation. Programs are always dismissing good players from their programs due to discipline issues. I think it is ridiculous to remotely blame Holly for this situation.

Correct. From all accounts her dad was trying to dictate to the coaching staff last year and was getting on everybody’s nerves (THE WHOLE TEAM!). There were a lot of hidden issues last year but many problems were attributed to the helicopter dad who was jealous of Evina’s getting the starting nod, obviously. I PERSONALLY saw tweets him and her mom tweeted referencing a player getting a starting nod and being “promised playing time” although Annie was outplaying her (in their delusional minds). The only player she was sharing most of her minutes with was Evina and the parents made it seem like Holly and the staff promised Evina minutes to get her to come to Tennessee. Either way, in the beginning, Annie was a walking turnover machine who was getting severely outplayed by Evina prior to Evina’s injury. Annie got so much better late in the season and really stepped up but she did not deserve to start in the beginning of the season no matter what her pappy said.

I don’t know if her parents were in her head and encouraging her behavior, but I for one am not surprised after all the drama I heard about during the season last year. In all fairness, to Annie, I didn’t hear anything about her, just her crazy parents, mostly the dad. In MY opinion...
#DodgedSeveralBullets
#BYE!!

Correct. From all accounts her dad was trying to dictate to the coaching staff last year and was getting on everybody’s nerves (THE WHOLE TEAM!). There were a lot of hidden issues last year but many problems were attributed to the helicopter dad who was jealous of Evina’s getting the starting nod, obviously. I PERSONALLY saw tweets him and her mom tweeted referencing a player getting a starting nod and being “promised playing time” although Annie was outplaying her (in their delusional minds). The only player she was sharing most of her minutes with was Evina and the parents made it seem like Holly and the staff promised Evina minutes to get her to come to Tennessee. Either way, in the beginning, Annie was a walking turnover machine who was getting severely outplayed by Evina prior to Evina’s injury. Annie got so much better late in the season and really stepped up but she did not deserve to start in the beginning of the season no matter what her pappy said.

I don’t know if her parents were in her head and encouraging her behavior, but I for one am not surprised after all the drama I heard about during the season last year. In all fairness, to Annie, I didn’t hear anything about her, just her crazy parents, mostly the dad. In MY opinion...
#DodgedSeveralBullets
#BYE!!

They sat behind me at the SEC Tournament and several times after huddles, her Dad would yell at her from the stands and tell her what to do, even if it was different from the coaches instructions. I didn’t get that feeling from her Mom though.

Reactions: cutiepie5
They sat behind me at the SEC Tournament and several times after huddles, her Dad would yell at her from the stands and tell her what to do, even if it was different from the coaches instructions. I didn’t get that feeling from her Mom though.

In your opinion who gets her backcourt time now? Do you think this may open up a spot for another guard to take interest? Rodgers ? I know everybody thinks Horston/Cooke is a forgone conclusion to Ohio st ... but Horstons last visit is UConn

In your opinion who gets her backcourt time now? Do you think this may open up a spot for another guard to take interest? Rodgers ? I know everybody thinks Horston/Cooke is a forgone conclusion to Ohio st ... but Horstons last visit is UConn

I think Zay gets Annie’s minutes and Jaz relives Evina. We still have MeMe for experience and Green has been around. Not sure how transfer will work .... But she is a veteran! About time for KK to contribute and the other Freshmen will get some clean up / relief minutes. JMO

It happens to every coach, hell even Pat had to run off a few bad apples in her day. But Holly seems exceptionally poor at filtering out players with character issues and/or other serious baggage in her recruiting. Rather disappointing for a coach who has had decades of practice, and no one can say the red flags in this case weren't egregious. These sterling recruiting rankings really don't mean a whole lot with the alarming number of players leaving after one or two years...

Chiiiillllee....sounds about accurate. Smh. He said some bad stuff about Holly, too. Not that it wasn’t true, but I wouldn’t expect for a parent to be so public with badmouthing the coach. It was reminiscent of Kayla Davis’s mom badmouthing Dawn Staley on Twitter. Smh.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
BINGO!!! Smart money is that she will be at MTSU, and the younger sisters are off the table. Pitty, because the youngest one is also the best player by a good margin. Assuming her development doesn’t stall, that is...
I don't think either of the younger sisters are as good as Anastasia.

Chiiiillllee....sounds about accurate. Smh. He said some bad stuff about Holly, too. Not that it wasn’t true, but I wouldn’t expect for a parent to be so public with badmouthing the coach. It was reminiscent of Kayla Davis’s mom badmouthing Dawn Staley on Twitter. Smh.

And then claiming her outburst was what spurned Staley on to play her daughter more and result in a national title... or something like that

Reactions: cutiepie5
Pat was able to control star players like Parker, but Holly seems to loosing key players.

That is very quick player we haven't had for a long time. I just enjoyed watching how fast she can run past everyone..Holly went through a legend for years but still doesn't understand how to handle star players. It's just like each time she tries to "patch a broken ball, it keeps licking from another end."

That is very quick player we haven't had for a long time. I just enjoyed watching how fast she can run past everyone..Holly went through a legend for years but still doesn't understand how to handle star players. It's just like each time she tries to "patch a broken ball, it keeps licking from another end."

Huh?!?

Told ya ... Momma Hayes was quick to speak up. The girls still have standing offers to come (classy move on Holly’s part) but will not consider UT.

Hmmm 🤔 I wouldn’t expect them to come here and glad they are being upfront and not wasting UTs time or resources to bring them in. That would be AWKWAAAARRDDD

Attachments

• 92A9AC59-5573-4283-BD33-0D0D1B78584A.png
    92A9AC59-5573-4283-BD33-0D0D1B78584A.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 0669C782-6EF3-4AE4-9C61-AD114B816968.png
    0669C782-6EF3-4AE4-9C61-AD114B816968.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 86

You can't make this stuff up !
If you don't mind, I'd like to use that quote in future posts.

kaela's mom and Kelsey bone was throwing shots at diamond to🤦🏽‍♀️..but i do remember Annie's dad saying some things but he apologized for saying it

Memphis signed the best scoring guard in the state last year. And definitely trending up. But they are not a power 5 team and I think the Hayes family will have loftier goals. And to the fools that think the AD dismissed a major player on the team of a coach he will have to fire later you are fools. How can he fire with cause when he dismissed a major piece of the team? No way he did that. He may have played a role requested by Holly like you dismiss her so we have an outside shot at the sisters... But no way the AD makes a unilateral call to do this. #crazytalk

Reactions: sccshortstop
Hayes had a lot of holes in her game, but she was fast...could get to the line at will. Tennessee will now have a pair of 6 footers playing PG, with Massengill basically a lesser version of Westbrook. They will miss that change up that Annie provided.

Someone said she may end up at MTSU...somehow, I don't see that. She's too good...or at least she thinks she's too good. I would think she'd want to play for a contender. If I were her, I'd be looking really hard at MSST. They are light on PG, and she would probably be a big part of their offense. If Schaeffer gets her, I could see MSST being atop the SEC for a loooooong time.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Hayes had a lot of holes in her game, but she was fast...could get to the line at will. Tennessee will now have a pair of 6 footers playing PG, with Massengill basically a lesser version of Westbrook. They will miss that change up that Annie provided.

Someone said she may end up at MTSU...somehow, I don't see that. She's too good...or at least she thinks she's too good. I would think she'd want to play for a contender. If I were her, I'd be looking really hard at MSST. They are light on PG, and she would probably be a big part of their offense. If Schaeffer gets her, I could see MSST being atop the SEC for a loooooong time.
Well Vic is a hard nose my way or the highway type coach so I don't know how that would work out

Well Vic is a hard nose my way or the highway type coach so I don't know how that would work out

I think it would work out fine. Just as I don't expect Dawn Staley to have any issues integrating Te'a Cooper into her team. I think the UConn transfer, Hunter, also had some coaching issues, and Vic is to take the chance on her. If he did the same for Annie, it would be a big payoff for him if it worked out. Those would be the two highest ranked HS players in his tenure with MSST.

It wouldn’t. Coach Schafer won’t play those games with the daddy. Neither will ANY coach of a program that already has elite guards on on the roster or can get elite guards every year. Their best bet is to go somewhere where they can be the stars and where the coach is desperate enough to try to appease him. Memphis would be perfect. Coach McFerrin knows her job is on the line. She just signed a top 35 in-state post player and her twin sister (both 4 stars and VERY good kids) and would take all the Hayes in heartbeat. Would give her left arm right about now...drama and all. #ShesOnTheHotseatBoo lol

Reactions: ruvol
Just my 2 cents, Mississippi State probably wouldn't say no but they have a senior PG in Holmes and a redshirt freshman PG named Mya Taylor, the 3 time MS HS player of the year who agreed to redshirt since MSU had William and Holmes last year. It never hurts to have too many guards but I wouldn't say we are "light" on point guards.

Kids make mistakes and hopefully she learns. I am a believer in 2nd chances if she follows the rules and I'm sure a program will accept her. I've never been a huge fan of package deals so why I know this hurts UT for this season, it could wind up being a good thing if Holly is able to recruit some strong players at the guard spot.

I'm glad we already have enough guards on board, because this would have really sucked...seems it's always something that gets in the way...I thought she seemed like a modest young lady, but sometimes we just don't know...I believe in Fulmer and discipline is the only way to make it back to the top...go LVFL😍

VN Store

Back