American Football Coaches Association asks NCAA Rules Committee to address Players Faking Injuries

Well, everytime I have watched soccer (maybe 5 times) out of morbid curiosity over the past 10 years, only once did some idiot not do something so outlandishly stupid to try and get a yellow or red card. And the one time it didn't? It was whatever league they have going on here is the states right now.

But they need only charge the offending team a time out. Waive it if they have to bring out the cart or an ambulance to haul them out. If they are limping about? Charge it. If somebody starts CPR? Or you have a deformity that has people barfing in the stands? Let it go.

I could cure the soccer problem. Next time they start flopping and crying? Red card him, and allow the fans to pummel him with trash as he leaves. Or go roman empire with it and feed him to the Lions. Death penalty for flopping. Works for me. If they make those changes, I might tune in. "Quietly fining the moral sh#$" out of you" has not worked. Those world famous guys call that fine chump change.

I think maybe your sample size is too small.

and what evidence do you propose for a head injury? You dont have to have a huge, colorful impact for a concussive injury. Same with a back injury. What about a 'pileup' in the field where there are many bodies and nothing can be seen?

Bottom line is, video proves nothing. Many injuries are not 'seen' during the play in question.
I missed my point, most of the "fake" injuries are obvious....the lost shoe, the walk around look at the sideline and fall, if it isn't obvoius it won't be called down from above, then the refs get involved...one again play has already stopped... the longer it takes to get a "Cramp" off the field the longer they'll look at it.

I missed my point, most of the "fake" injuries are obvious....the lost shoe, the walk around look at the sideline and fall, if it isn't obvoius it won't be called down from above, then the refs get involved...one again play has already stopped... the longer it takes to get a "Cramp" off the field the longer they'll look at it.
It would only take one of "look at the sideline and fall" players to be found to actually had broken a toe after being penalized, and pandora's box would fly wide open. That is why it will never happen. In my opinion.

Reactions: SaintLouisVol
Molotov cocktail. Look him up. He was an arsehole.

Molotov cocktail - Wikipedia

Fascinating read, actually!

Sorry, was on the phone with Apple technical support. My icloud account that I never created has been hacked in Russia, Canada, and Australia again. Last time, it was Russia, Romania, and Japan. But some guy with an Indian accent named Brian in Seattle is helping me not lose my millions. I gave him my icloud username, but we got cut off before I could give him my password. The email address I gave him was 1eat2sh*t3and4die5@AOL.com. Maybe he will call back.

Reactions: Wireless1
An injury should sit the player down until change of possession. That would end this stuff totally.

giphy.gif

The American Men's Honor Association has asked NOW (National Association of Women) and their rules committee to take up the issue of women faking orgasms when it meets next month.

Nuff said.

Except that is really not what is happening in these situations, for the most part. The majority of these fake injuries occur when the offensive team is in no huddle and running hurry up, which prevents the defense from subbing. The players go down to force a break in play. If you can't sub in the "goon," he can't flop.
I'm saying the goon is already there.. the worst player with the best backup.

Then coaches sub in that 4-stringer walk-on just before his 'injury' to take one for the team.
If that’s the case then I’m sure the offense will key in on said walk-on that play and exploit the defense for a big chunk play. There’s two sides to look at it. If you want to put your defense at a huge disadvantage like that then just be prepared to possibly get lit up.

Who, in your opinion are the worst offenders?

I’ve seen the Gators do it a few times for opportunity, but I think by far the worst offender in recent memory is LSU.

Might be a fun poll.

I think I found your problem!

I wasted 25 minutes of that scammer's time. they had been calling my land line every 20 minutes for 48 hours with their robo caller. After that? Crickets. Just shared that in case any of the rest of you were tired of them bugging you. If you think I have a problem? Excuse the Hell outta me Sigmund Fraud.

Reactions: kcvols1
If that’s the case then I’m sure the offense will key in on said walk-on that play and exploit the defense for a big chunk play. There’s two sides to look at it. If you want to put your defense at a huge disadvantage like that then just be prepared to possibly get lit up.
This is what I dont get.

Coach realizes he is in one of these situations and subs in a scrub, because apparently he has time to get a scrub in but not a real player.

A play happens, where the scrub isnt taken advantage of. Then after a pause long enough to bring in a scrub, and a play, the scrub fakes an injury. To give his team enough time to sub him out, after they had enough time to sub him in. Jeanus.

Maybe make it an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. So it follows the player. No automatic first down, maybe just 5 yards like the delay of game it is. But with the added dings of two unsportsmanlike penalties and you are out.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back