American Football Coaches Association asks NCAA Rules Committee to address Players Faking Injuries

An injury should sit the player down until change of possession. That would end this stuff totally.

I like this and it easily dovetails with thorough examinations to prevent players playing with concussions.

If it is an easily proven flip then that player can't play the rest of the season and the coach who signaled it can't appear in games for the rest of the season

Will this apply for all players or just the defense? Say the QB drops back and gets rocked and comes out for a play. Is he forced to sit for more than the current one play?

What if the officials force a player to the sideline after a hard hit for a concussion check (that happened to Jennings at Mizzou 2 years ago), is he out multiple plays?

I’d like to see it (sitting out at least 3 plays) applied to offense too. But, this isn’t so much a competitive advantage thing. I think some receivers cause a time drag by laying or sitting on the field, sometimes a few feet from their own sideline, after missing a pass to receive “treatment”. Hey, if you’re really hurt, and cause the game to be stopped, you should sit more than one play before reentering.

There’s already a delay of game penalty. Anything more is stupid and liable to cause a slippery slope of refs “deciding” if an injury is real or not

Get these players to stop watching soccer. Bad influence.
Speaking as a soccer referee, you may be right. I believe that if you have to leave the field of play, you miss the next TWO series of downs. That'll put the kibosh on flopping. In big time pro soccer, the powers that be will have a "discussion " with you and quietly fine the mortal sh#$ out of you.

Reactions: kcvols1
What's this consensus on 3 plays about? That's not really a punishment for the ones manipulating the game. The player should have to sit out the rest of the quarter or that series. They should better address real injuries like concussions before they begin thinking about penalties for perceived fake injuries.

all you do at that point is get the 3rd string player to go in and take the fall for x time or x plays. Still gives the team the time out as they needed
Yes but they would still be missing their starter during the plays from scrimmage.

VN Store

Back