Amateur Hour, Part Deux

Using cute little nicknames just makes the speaker look unintelligent. Put together an argument.

Biden essentially said because of cultural norms and expectations we run our countries differently, but when he crosses the line, I am going to call him on it because I represent American values.

Not sure how this is being spun negatively.
Has China/Xi not crossed the line already with Urghuyrs?

Let me know when Biden takes him "to task". What's he waiting for?
The Chinese government is clearly guilty of atrocities against the Uighurs including mass rape, forced labor camps, and the forced sterilization of women. It's genocide. Now, this is not some recent development here. This has been making international news for years. Exactly what did the Trump Administration (Mr. America First) do about it? What would you like to see the Biden Administration do about it?

Last edited:
Has China/Xi not crossed the line already with Urghuyrs?
When it comes to American politics, both parties are always more hawkish when the other party is in power. Why is that? That's a criticism meant for both sides. This isn't a new issue at hand... and it's also not an issue that Trump ever addressed through foreign policy. Trump was very much a non-interventionist when it came to the human rights violations committed in other countries. What should Biden do about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
The Chinese government is clearly guilty of atrocities against the Uighurs including mass rape, forced labor camps, and the forced of sterilization of women. It's genocide. Now, this is not some recent development here. This has been making international news for years. Exactly what did the Trump Administration (Mr. America First) do about it? What would you like to see the Biden Administration do about it?
Did DJT express a "cross the line" moment regarding the Chinese and the Urs? He isn't excused if he didn't. But Biden asserting he has a line which, by implication hasn't yet been crossed, focuses judgement and criticism upon himself regarding the situation.

Whataboutism aside, US politics sucks when it comes to genocidal atrocities because sometimes we "care" enough to intervene and sometimes we do not.

Reactions: hog88
The Chinese government is clearly guilty of atrocities against the Uighurs including mass rape, forced labor camps, and the forced of sterilization of women. It's genocide. Now, this is not some recent development here. This has been making international news for years. Exactly what did the Trump Administration (Mr. America First) do about it? What would you like to see the Biden Administration do about it?

I don't recall Trump spouting off about doing anything about it. There is a difference between saying nothing then doing nothing and drawing a "red line" then doing nothing.

Did DJT express a "cross the line" moment regarding the Chinese and the Urs? He isn't excused if he didn't. But Biden asserting he has a line which, by implication hasn't yet been crossed, focuses judgement and criticism upon himself regarding the situation.

Whataboutism aside, US politics sucks when it comes to genocidal atrocities because sometimes we "care" enough to intervene and sometimes we do not.
No, he didn't do $hit. Just ignored it. Trump was a non-interventionist. He would have never gotten involved with this.

When it comes to American politics, both parties are always more hawkish when the other party is in power? Why is that? That's a criticism meant for both sides. This isn't a new issue at hand... and it's also not an issue that Trump ever addressed through foreign policy. Trump was very much a non-interventionist when it came to the human rights violations committed in other countries. What should Biden do about it?
You and I were typing similar thoughts at basically the same time.

What should Biden do? That's a good question. I would start the discussion of what should be done by asking what are our options? Something involving an international effort is ideal, imo.

No, he didn't do $hit. Just ignored it. Trump was a non-interventionist. He would have never gotten involved with this.
And now that Trump is out of office, we are trying to discuss Biden and his 'cross the line" comment and where they line is for him.

Frankly, I don't expect Biden to do jack squat. He has a 50 years history of nothing which is a hard pattern to break.

And now that Trump is out of office, we are trying to discuss Biden and his 'cross the line" comment and where they line is for him.

Frankly, I don't expect Biden to do jack squat. He has a 50 years history of nothing which is a hard pattern to break.

Biden isn't gong to do anything. He might blame Trump but that's about it.

In defense of Biden none of the western democracies will do anything to China either, they own too many of our bureaucrats and politicians.

In defense of Biden none of the western democracies will do anything to China either, they own too many of our bureaucrats and politicians.
Sadly, I agree.

If the Urs were armed, perhaps they could have fought back against their government.

Once again, what can Biden do about it? The people who will be most critical of Biden for not doing anything... will be the same people who applauded Trump's "America First" non-interventionism in these types of issues. Some people (Sean Hannity) will cite it as proof that Biden has been co-opted by the Chinese. However, those same people never wanted Trump to do anything about it either.

We are always more hawkish when the other party is in power.

Yes, I understand. In fact, I understood it and tacitly agreed with that notion when you posted it earlier.

With that agreement reached again, Biden has a long history of inaction. His history doesn't inspire any hope anything will be done now. But ever the politician, he makes a "hard line in the sand statement" with absolutely nothing of substance to back it up.

Once again, what can Biden do about it? The people who will be most critical of Biden for not doing anything... will be the same people who applauded Trump's "America First" non-interventionism in these types of issues. Some people (Sean Hannity) will cite it as proof that Biden has been co-opted by the Chinese. However, those same people never wanted Trump to do anything about it either.

I'm not critical of Biden for doing nothing, I'm criticizing Biden for threatening to do something then doing nothing. It makes us look weak and unreliable.

The Chinese government is clearly guilty of atrocities against the Uighurs including mass rape, forced labor camps, and the forced sterilization of women. It's genocide. Now, this is not some recent development here. This has been making international news for years. Exactly what did the Trump Administration (Mr. America First) do about it? What would you like to see the Biden Administration do about it?
Economic sanctions and tariff their goods until Tim Cook moves all his sweatshops to Vietnam. When the next iPhone is more than YOU are willing to pay, they will manufacture it elsewhere. Checkmate, China. They have been playing the long game since Nixon. We have already forgotten 9/11.

Who wants us to get involved in another hot war? I know I certainly don't, and I don't think any of my conservative friends do. Must be all lefties that are excited for that.

Ouch. Another devastating blow that will keep most financially retarded democrats poor and in debt.

Student loan debt forgiveness: Biden again rejects $50,000 plan pushed by other top Democrats - CNNPolitics

Just kidding. Its hilarious. Not even 2 months in and Biden has only helped trannys serve in the military. LOL. Poor dims watching their pathetic hopes and dreams dashed on the shores of Pedo Island.

I thought the GOP would be applauding this. First, he rejects a request from the far left. Second, he says he does not have the power to do it on his own, it would take Congress. And third it is generally a rejection of the government giving something away for free.

I would have thought GOPers would be giving him an atta boy for this one.

I thought the GOP would be applauding this. First, he rejects a request from the far left. Second, he says he does not have the power to do it on his own, it would take Congress. And third it is generally a rejection of the government giving something away for free.

I would have thought GOPers would be giving him an atta boy for this one.
No applause until it hits zero. The same article says loan repayment is paused (only possible when you control the system) and he wants to make more college "free". Where is this laudable rejection?

Where did he say he doesn't have the power?

VN Store

Back