Amateur Hour Continues

Why am I not surprised that fairness, equity and the like play no role in your assessment.
LMAO! I’m paying plenty all I’m required to pay and not a single cent more. Feel free to donate your entire paralegal salary if you feel that strongly about it girl. But I’m not interested in your desire to fund bigger government.

LMAO! I’m paying plenty all I’m required to pay and not a single cent more. Feel free to donate your entire paralegal salary if you feel that strongly about it girl. But I’m not interested in your desire to fund bigger government.

No one is saying you should pay more than you're required to pay. The issue is how much should we require people to pay, given their economic condition and standing. Presumably you'd be in favor of a tax law that exempted grumpy old men from paying taxes since that would exempt you and be in your narrow self-interest. But you must admit that wouldn't be good tax policy or fair, right?

Surprise, surprise. The GOP tax cut is not having many of the promised effects. Read full thread.

Shocker: Obamacare isn't delivering the promised effects. Amazingly, we are still arguing about a lot of the same stuff LBJ's social engineering cured 50+ years ago, too. It seems like the more government changes things, the bigger the problems become. When you're in a hole, quit digging; it's just not that difficult to figure out.

No one is saying you should pay more than you're required to pay. The issue is how much should we require people to pay, given their economic condition and standing. Presumably you'd be in favor of a tax law that exempted grumpy old men from paying taxes since that would exempt you and be in your narrow self-interest. But you must admit that wouldn't be good tax policy or fair, right?
Anything that reduces my federal tax burden, including clubbing baby seals and selling the oil and fur to augment the fed coffers, is good tax policy. If I’m gonna pay more, I want it in my state of residence. Screw the federal taxation theft.

Anything that reduces my federal tax burden, including clubbing baby seals and selling the oil and fur to augment the fed coffers, is good tax policy. If I’m gonna pay more, I want it in my state of residence. Screw the federal taxation theft.

Whatever puts a few more pieces of silver in your pocket. Amirite?

Reactions: newarkvol
Whatever puts a few more pieces of silver in your pocket. Amirite?
That’s one way to look at it. My view is leaving the pieces of silver that I earned in my pocket where they belong and keeping you money grabbing big government libs the hell outta my pocket as more accurate. But I guess if you’re gonna keep people dependent on your big government policies you’ve got to grab that money from somewhere amirite?

That’s one way to look at it. My view is leaving the pieces of silver that I earned in my pocket where they belong and keeping you money grabbing big government libs the hell outta my pocket as more accurate. But I guess if you’re gonna keep people dependent on your big government policies you’ve got to grab that money from somewhere amirite?

Don't think you got my reference.

Reactions: newarkvol

Definitely didn't get it.... instead seems to be fixated on reach arounds from libruls...

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
If it’s a literary reference all I could guess is maybe Scrooge. I seriously doubt you’d be making a Judas Iscariot 30 pieces of silver reference I don’t think that would be in your wheel house.
Is it in yours?...
Jesus answered, 'If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.

Is it in yours?...
Jesus answered, 'If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
Sure it is. Now you want to equate taxation with charity? Is that the lining my pockets with silver reference you’re giggling about?

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

If you're for a border wall why don't you donate your entire salary for it? I'm not interested in paying for a wall. But the facts are you and I both may have to pay for something we don't want. That's just the way it works.

@Velo Vol

SIAP:
Supreme Court declined to take up the 7th Circuit’s reversal of Indiana’s ban on abortions when the provider is aware that the choice to abort is based on gender, race, or disability.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/18-483_3d9g.pdf

The Court took up another issue regarding the disposition of fetal remains. Planned Parenthood only ever contested that issue on Rational Basis grounds.

Sotomayor was noted to favor declining this issue, but did not write. Ginsburg wrote to say that the rational basis standard was not appropriate and the Court shouldn’t take up an issue to say “sorry we’re bound by the party’s litigation strategy, if they had argued it the right way, Casey would require it to be struck down as well.” (The 7th circuit applied Casey.)

Declining the second issue was based on procedural precedent. It’s a novel issue that has only been considered by one circuit.

Thomas wrote separately to concur and say that Casey and Roe are insufficient guidance for lower courts in determining the scope of the right to an abortion and eventually the court needs to address the scope. Nobody joined.

Seems like a signal that the Court is not looking for any old reason to overturn Roe/Casey and even Thomas sort of indicates that they’re going to limit the scope rather than uphold these sweeping restrictions.

Looks like Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri, and Georgia are about to waste a bunch of tax payer money passing and defending laws that have no shot.
It got shot down by SCOTUS but why was Indiana trying to repeal the Pence law that the dead fetus has to be cremated or buried???

If you're for a border wall why don't you donate your entire salary for it? I'm not interested in paying for a wall. But the facts are you and I both may have to pay for something we don't want. That's just the way it works.
LMAO! Just give up and take it 😂nah I’ll pass

VN Store

Back