Amateur Hour Continues

Maybe we need to consider a lack of these “Presidential qualities” is exactly why a good chunk of people voted for him?

Compelling logic. I often choose restaurants based on them lacking traditional restaurant qualities, like cleanliness, good service, fresh ingredients, well-trained staff, etc.

Compelling logic. I often choose restaurants based on them lacking traditional restaurant qualities, like cleanliness, good service, fresh ingredients, well-trained staff, etc.
If you’ve been getting served a plate of **** at those 5 star restaurants your book club likes to attend and keep getting told it’s steak tartar maybe you’d finally get it girl.

For this jab to be truthishly analogous to politicians you should say, i choose restaurants who espouse cleanliness, service, and quality while in reality functioning completely opposite.

@Velo Vol

SIAP:
Supreme Court declined to take up the 7th Circuit’s reversal of Indiana’s ban on abortions when the provider is aware that the choice to abort is based on gender, race, or disability.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/18-483_3d9g.pdf

The Court took up another issue regarding the disposition of fetal remains. Planned Parenthood only ever contested that issue on Rational Basis grounds.

Sotomayor was noted to favor declining this issue, but did not write. Ginsburg wrote to say that the rational basis standard was not appropriate and the Court shouldn’t take up an issue to say “sorry we’re bound by the party’s litigation strategy, if they had argued it the right way, Casey would require it to be struck down as well.” (The 7th circuit applied Casey.)

Declining the second issue was based on procedural precedent. It’s a novel issue that has only been considered by one circuit.

Thomas wrote separately to concur and say that Casey and Roe are insufficient guidance for lower courts in determining the scope of the right to an abortion and eventually the court needs to address the scope. Nobody joined.

Seems like a signal that the Court is not looking for any old reason to overturn Roe/Casey and even Thomas sort of indicates that they’re going to limit the scope rather than uphold these sweeping restrictions.

Looks like Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri, and Georgia are about to waste a bunch of tax payer money passing and defending laws that have no shot.

Reactions: Velo Vol
Looks like Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri, and Georgia are about to waste a bunch of tax payer money passing and defending laws that have no shot.

We'll see. You know the hazards of extrapolating a ruling such as this onto future cases. However, I do believe it's prudent advice for any pro-ban state legislator to sit tight and let some other state pay to litigate it.

Interesting theory in this thread on what may have happened behind the scenes.

Obviously multiple victim attacks only happen when guns are readily available ... almost. Can't even go to plastic sporks ... because plastic. Chopsticks can be sharpened to points and good ones are pretty tough. I guess if you have a victim mentality, the world is a tough place today.

He should have stood his ground ... nothing wrong with a good audit and review of policy from time to time ... there's a lot to be said about doing more than simply accepting that everything is going smoothly. If the question is simply motivation, then everybody should be on board with questioning how the Mueller investigation started ... right?

He should have stood his ground ... nothing wrong with a good audit and review of policy from time to time ... there's a lot to be said about doing more than simply accepting that everything is going smoothly. If the question is simply motivation, then everybody should be on board with questioning how the Mueller investigation started ... right?
Sure. Transparency.
Investigate
Release Taxes
Release financial statements
Testify to congress

A good audit and review of policy? The guy incorrectly tried to swipe voting rights from thousands of people. Even if it was done in good faith (which I doubt), a complete **** up like that should cause several heads to roll.

And our idiot prez pushed the narrative before it had gotten off the ground and people ate it up - I’m sure don’t care that it was false.

Sure. Transparency.
Investigate
Release Taxes
Release financial statements
Testify to congress

Read up on the presidential qualifications ... hint: releasing taxes isn't one of them, and apparently neither are academic credentials or several other things. If you really want to get into tax reviews, I'm right there with you ... for people who have made millions while in elected positions paying far too little to allow that kind of wealth accumulation.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
A good audit and review of policy? The guy incorrectly tried to swipe voting rights from thousands of people. Even if it was done in good faith (which I doubt), a complete **** up like that should cause several heads to roll.

And our idiot prez pushed the narrative before it had gotten off the ground and people ate it up - I’m sure don’t care that it was false.

My son got a new voter registration card (because our polling place shifted) years after he had moved and was registered elsewhere in TN. This despite he obviously hadn't voted within the time frame that would have removed him from voter rolls in this county. Yeah, there needs to be a lot of cleanup in the voter registration process; all the new registration processes have simply increased the probability of not eligible voters being registered. The whole process is sloppy.

Read up on the presidential qualifications ... hint: releasing taxes isn't one of them, and apparently neither are academic credentials or several other things. If you really want to get into tax reviews, I'm right there with you ... for people who have made millions while in elected positions paying far too little to allow that kind of wealth accumulation.
Did you miss the word "transparency"?
Plus the nagging little detail that Trump promised the American public multiple times that he would release his taxes.

Did you miss the word "transparency"?
Plus the nagging little detail that Trump promised the American public multiple times that he would release his taxes.

How many times did Obama promise people could keep their own doctor? And the last time I looked Gitmo is still open for business and the inmates are now geriatrics. In case you've missed it, most campaign promises don't mean much. Sorta like something whispered the night before and meant to be forgotten by the morning. Transparency??? After your buddy Obama and Mueller, don't even go there.

My son got a new voter registration card (because our polling place shifted) years after he had moved and was registered elsewhere in TN. This despite he obviously hadn't voted within the time frame that would have removed him from voter rolls in this county. Yeah, there needs to be a lot of cleanup in the voter registration process; all the new registration processes have simply increased the probability of not eligible voters being registered. The whole process is sloppy.
Illegals and dead people have just as much of a right to vote as the rest of us.

Let me check my pay stub again. Yep same as before. Still bringing home more than I did before the cut and still getting a refund too. This diatribe will die out quickly too.

Classic GOP response: Let me look at my little myopic view of my own economic standing and decide yay or nay based solely on my own self-interest.

Classic GOP response: Let me look at my little myopic view of my own economic standing and decide yay or nay based solely on my own self-interest.
When it comes to income tax my own self interests and keeping your interests out of my pocket is the only thing that matters. As any rational person would think.

VN Store

Back