Amari Rodgers working out at the UT Sports Complex

I don’t feel as thought those two things are really similar. The only problem I have with it is the fact that students aren’t allowed to use that equipment and some of their paid tuition pays for all that stuff. Not a huge deal, but I get why it rubs people the wrong way.
How much of tuition goes to paying for the weight room for the athletes? Pretty sure the "required" athletic fee doesn't "buy" weight lifting equipment directly plus the students are granted accesses based on that fee. The guy working out is a DEPENDENT CHILD of an employee. Pretty sure any coach on our staff that has a DEPENDENT CHILD at home can bring them occaisionally to the facilities without much more than clearing it with coach. Unwad your panties.

Even when those same players bagged the program on the way out of town?

Cade Mays allowed to use the weight room? Tee Higgins?
Mays doesn't have a parent on staff, Tee is probably not considered a dependent child but would most likely be allowed to use the facilities without access to any coaches but his father. You guys are making a pile of **** out of a nothing burger.

Good grief people get all bent out of shape way too easy. Tee is a Championship qb and now a coach for our university and a dang good one at that. He probably didnt encourage him to commit here under the previous staff and I dont blame him. The fact is that Tee has came back to help get us back to an elite level and if he wants to allow his son to come work out with him then what is the big deal. You all act like you wouldn't do the same for your son. I know I would. If I had an opportunity to help better them then I take full advantage of it. Social media has made a lot of weak men these days.

How much of tuition goes to paying for the weight room for the athletes? Pretty sure the "required" athletic fee doesn't "buy" weight lifting equipment directly plus the students are granted accesses based on that fee. The guy working out is a DEPENDENT CHILD of an employee. Pretty sure any coach on our staff that has a DEPENDENT CHILD at home can bring them occaisionally to the facilities without much more than clearing it with coach. Unwad your panties.
Usually, being an accountant at a University.... Tuition does not go toward athletic "capital projects." Tuition funds are used in the area of academia. Donations, season tickets, t.v airtime, and merchandise sales go toward everything and then some athletic. Not to say that's the case here, but imagine it is. For me, this is much to do about nothing.

Brilliant and reasonable response

Even when those same players bagged the program on the way out of town?

Cade Mays allowed to use the weight room? Tee Higgins?
I mean, yes. Even then. I understand this is a message board with Vol fanatics.. But I don't think the AD should have the official stance of holding petty grudges against guys who didn't handle their recruitment at 18 like a fortune 500 CEO.

I think reasonable minds can disagree on this one but I don't see how it could possibly harm the program to have a one of the better players of a NC winning team working out here. It speaks to the quality of of the facilities and the area.

But let's also not pretend this is some official policy. Seems like a dick move to tell Tee he can't bring his kid to work.

Usually, being an accountant at a University.... Tuition does not go toward athletic "capital projects." Tuition funds are used in the area of academia. Donations, season tickets, t.v airtime, and merchandise sales go toward everything and then some athletic. Not to say that's the case here, but imagine it is. For me, this is much to do about nothing.

Actually not correct, ALL Revenue to UTK goes to pay Former Coaches, AD's and Staff Buyouts!!!!

harden.gif

Last edited:
I don’t feel as thought those two things are really similar. The only problem I have with it is the fact that students aren’t allowed to use that equipment and some of their paid tuition pays for all that stuff. Not a huge deal, but I get why it rubs people the wrong way.

I am not sure their tuition helps pay for any of this equipment. I think it's the other way around (as least it was in the past) the athletic dept. had funds allocated from department earning to the general fund of the university. This was a point of contention some years ago.
Another thought:
Could you imagine turning the student body loose in the weight room?? Disaster!!!

Reactions: JacketVol

Yes. Please unwad your panties and be glad that Tee is back 100%!!! If he and his son are spending time to together working out who cares where they do it!

To put a different spin on it who is liable if he gets hurt working out. That is one reason they don’t just let anyone workout there.

Tee should not put the Univ. in this position. Go to a local HS to work out and join your son there. I love my son too, but I would not do something that could be considered low class to many.

Privacy.... Do you think these two guys could go to any place around Knoxville and enjoy each others company. Or do you think T could just go down Clemson at this time in his return to UT. (just before spring practice) Surely he is trying to learn the ropes of his new job and be ready for a busy next few weeks. Really I don't think his son is going to wear out our equipment. Another thought: He might say you know we do this exercise this way or we have change the order of our whole session really works better when I'm own my own in the gym. We might just learn something useful.

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
He should go work out at his HS instead. Personally I don't really care who his dad is
That’s just stupid. His dad is a coach at Tennessee, let him work out with his dad at Tennessee. Anybody saying otherwise is being dumb and petty. If he went to a rival SEC school then maybe it’s not a good look, but he doesn’t. So nobody should be saying stupid, disrespectful stuff to him or his father about, especially when the AD and head coach don’t seem to have a problem with it.

Show some class and respect, this ain’t a big deal and makes Tennessee fans look dumb as hell to be bitching about it. To say that we should have other things to complain about as Tennessee football fans is possibly the biggest understatement of all time.

Tee should not put the Univ. in this position. Go to a local HS to work out and join your son there. I love my son too, but I would not do something that could be considered low class to many.
What position? There’s no position. And if anything, it’s high class for Tennessee to let him come work out at our training center with his father. Any Tennessee fan complaining about this looks incredibly small and petty imo.

Seriously doubt a dime of any student’s paid tuition has gone toward paying for the Anderson Training Center or the practice fields. Feel confident all the money raised for athletic facilities has been through private donors.

And I don’t get how it rubs anybody the wrong way. I don’t get for one second why this is an issue.

That’s just stupid. His dad is a coach at Tennessee, let him work out with his dad at Tennessee. Anybody saying otherwise is being dumb and petty. If he went to a rival SEC school then maybe it’s not a good look, but he doesn’t. So nobody should be saying stupid, disrespectful stuff to him or his father about, especially when the AD and head coach don’t seem to have a problem with it.

Show some class and respect, this ain’t a big deal and makes Tennessee fans look dumb as hell to be bitching about it. To say that we should have other things to complain about as Tennessee football fans is possibly the biggest understatement of all time.
How does not liking the fact that he is able to use UT football facilities equal to showing class and respect and saying disrespectful stuff to him? Y’all freaking out over nothing lol

Seriously doubt a dime of any student’s paid tuition has gone toward paying for the Anderson Training Center or the practice fields. Feel confident all the money raised for athletic facilities has been through private donors.

And I don’t get how it rubs anybody the wrong way. I don’t get for one second why this is an issue.
It’s about optics.....again not sure why some are losing their **** over people not liking it lol

As long as it doesn't take anything away from our program who cares? My only issue would be if the kid was injured while working out at a UT facility what would happen legally? Otherwise I don't give a damn, surely they made him sign some sort of legal waiver in case of injury.

VN Store

Back