Am I the only one who can admit im a horrible fan

Also, my wife is in much more support now. When a bad play happens she does her best to distract me for a sec and take my mind off of it. Sometimes it works. I always have it in my mind, but the thought of her trying warms my heart and always makes me smile.
My wife is by far the most rabid fan in our house. If I ever invite you to watch a game with us, leave your children with a sitter. If we lose a close one, things could get broken.

Reactions: SATX VOL
So this might be a long post. Don't hate me. So my wife told me today that its "awkward" to watch the game with me. She also said that i'm a horrible fan. Keep in mind I have been a die-hard Tennessee fan since I was like 8 years old. This was back when we was dominate and owned the SEC. Also i've done this while living in Alabama in a city that loves Alabama Football. Anyways thats enough back story. So around the 3rd qtr I started to realize I'm not fun to watch the game with. I just get so hyped for the games and then Tennessee's Defense just plays awful and I'm that guy that is very negative. "This is why Tennessee will always be Tennessee". "This soft defense is why we only win maybe 7-8 games a year". I love Tennessee with a passion but with the last few years I have just become so negative during the games. I write this novel to ask....How do I watch the game and just enjoy it even if Tennessee plays awful. I'm taking the first step and admitting I'm a awful fan and I wanna change lol!!!

No, push come to shove, I can admit you are a horrible fan too. Very few of us perfect fans out here.

Reactions: BlueLineVolFan
My solution to my extreme pessimism is to believe the game is lost no matter the score or opponent and to be pleasantly surprised whenever the VOLS win (as I multi-task through every telecast playing FarCry, Skyrim, or Horizon.
And I picture every nega-pessimistic and critical Vol Nation poster as this guy
Nega Vol EXPERT.jpg

Reactions: norrislakevol
I have broken doors, thrown jerseys out the door, and kicked over a bucket of lightbulbs. Unfortunately, or fortunately, that was back in the Dooley days. Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt have about cured me of that "passion".

Reactions: norrislakevol
My wife is by far the most rabid fan in our house. If I ever invite you to watch a game with us, leave your children with a sitter. If we lose a close one, things could get broken.
Lol. I get it. I’m a rabid fan for sure, I just don’t get as negative as I use to. After the last 20 years I finally stopped letting a loss ruin my week. And I mean ruin.

Reactions: txbo
I have broken doors, thrown jerseys out the door, and kicked over a bucket of lightbulbs. Unfortunately, or fortunately, that was back in the Dooley days. Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt have about cured me of that "passion".

Same. I have broken things and stayed tore up for several days after a loss back in the day. Loss after loss from 2010 through last year dulled my outward and inward exuberance and disappointment. I had to teach myself to just accept defeat before the game even started, that way if we lost then I expected it anyways, and if won I was pleasantly surprised.

Now we are getting good again, and the butterflies before games are coming back and I am starting to spew all kinds of venom at the TV again.

Reactions: The Tall Gguy
Two questions I'll ask.
Why did anyone think the Fla game was going to be easy??
We knew coming into the season the defense was the weak point.
Why did anyone think the defense would keep fla in check ??
I honestly didn’t think it would be any different. I knew we was getting Floridas best shot. They won’t play that good the rest of the year

I just walk outside for a few minuets when things are going bad. Did that several times when FL was on offense Sat. The pitiful secondary is just too hard to watch sometimes. Was having bad flashbacks when FL recovered onside kick.

VN Store

Back