All things STOCKS

Ha, yes we have. My memory sucks.
I'm going to 22% with my conversion this year, but not too much so it doesn't effect my Medicare premiums.
What are the details to consider with Medicare. I’m a good ways off unless the POTUS delivers on his campaign promise of lowering the Medicare age to 60

I think you’ve got the right idea. I started investing 37 years back and have now quit working for a paycheck. Looking back I’ve tried different approaches, but the key was to keep buying whether it was up or down. The compound growth is what wins long term. I’m to the point where there’s plenty to live on, but not if we give 50%+ back so I’m trying to figure out the best approach in this new stage of investing life. Stay your course - your on the right track!
Thanks.

I’ve stopped picking individual stocks for the most part - at least in the traditional sense. If I like something enough, I’ll throw it in my M1 Finance “pie” at a 5% allocation.

Way up in the morning (plus 0.5%). Barely positive at the close. That’s how it works. Better to be plus 0.02% than down anything. Would have been cool to have kept that early gain.

It’s difficult to find equities that aren’t expensive. I bought SAVE a week or two ago (up about 5%) and ABBV yesterday (tempted to take the 1.25% one day gain). Working on a POTX buy right now.

Jumped into Quest Diagnostics. You might be interested.

I’ve traded it before. I’ve been cautious jumping back in thinking it might have run up too much as a COVID stock. I don’t think their management is top notch. An alternative was something with Laboratory in their name. I’d look them up but Verizon isn’t super fast at the stadium.

I’ve traded it before. I’ve been cautious jumping back in thinking it might have run up too much as a COVID stock. I don’t think their management is top notch. An alternative was something with Laboratory in their name. I’d look them up but Verizon isn’t super fast at the stadium.
Probably Labratory Corp. They have a duopoly over the market.

Probably Labratory Corp. They have a duopoly over the market.

Yes. Labcorp. LH.

The only two public US based companies although there are a handful of other competing entities including the Mayo Clinic.

LH is half again as big and both are around 10x (although LH has had the better recent returns but DGX has a 1.6% dividend v zero).

Geni and draftkings the only two in the black for me today. Thank goodness for football season!
Seems odd to me that football season wasn't in the price months ago? Or. Maybe it was? Or maybe the amount of betting on DK was underestimated?. Or maybe the increase is coincidental?
I've traded in and out of DraftKings in the past. Missed this one. Dang.

Seems odd to me that football season wasn't in the price months ago? Or. Maybe it was? Or maybe the amount of betting on DK was underestimated?. Or maybe the increase is coincidental?

The Delta COVID variant might have created some uncertainty that we’re going to see another messed up football season and held back a move up in the stock.

People are dumb. DKNG has two summer swoons and somewhere around the end of July/beginning of August people go hur dur football betting and start buying it again. It's up 40% in the last 6 weeks.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Both Weber and Traeger have recently gone public. Grilling definitely seems to be increasing in popularity. I’ve never owned a Traeger but have been pleased with Weber grills. Don’t know anything about either company financially. Any thoughts?

Both Weber and Traeger have recently gone public. Grilling definitely seems to be increasing in popularity. I’ve never owned a Traeger but have been pleased with Weber grills. Don’t know anything about either company financially. Any thoughts?

Neither is cheap at 50x earnings. I would think that both would have been selling a lot of grills during the stay-at-home boom.

VN Store

Back