All things STOCKS

Descending triangle forming on the BTC daily chart. You have a lot of support once BTC dips below $10k, so I don't see these descending triangles being anything other than just accumulation. You have higher lows on the chart, which is what you want to see in a long term uptrend. Once the momentum changes, you're going to see the price action reverse and impulse back up into the profit zone, where you cash out and start looking for re-rentry points.

Altcoins eternally BTFO though. XRP is straight trash, RIP bankercoin.

Descending triangle forming on the BTC daily chart. You have a lot of support once BTC dips below $10k, so I don't see these descending triangles being anything other than just accumulation. You have higher lows on the chart, which is what you want to see in a long term uptrend. Once the momentum changes, you're going to see the price action reverse and impulse back up into the profit zone, where you cash out and start looking for re-rentry points.

Altcoins eternally BTFO though. XRP is straight trash, RIP bankercoin.

are you talking to yourself? No one else knows wtf you are talking about.

are you talking to yourself? No one else knows wtf you are talking about.

Lots of people know but don't care about Bitcoin or it's technical analysis. I'm sure there are some reading it that are interested but don't post replies. BTW, there are 2 or 3 crypto currency threads in the Pub or Politics.

Sold my ARDX this morning. I think it still sets up well with several catalysts approaching, but I'll take my 55% in a week and a half and look for a lower entry on a pull back.

Bitcoin YTD ROI: 211%
Silver YTD ROI: 36%
Gold YTD ROI: 28%

S&P 500 YTD ROI: 17%

I'm going to continue buying gold, silver, and crypto to further hedge against economic uncertainties. There's a reason I've been getting out of stocks and putting my money into other assets. The top 3 assets I mentioned are all showing upward price action and bullish performance in an uncertain market. The chart for the S&P is ugly, and the TA patterns indicate that we are on the verge of entering a bear market.

Bitcoin YTD ROI: 211%
Silver YTD ROI: 36%
Gold YTD ROI: 28%

S&P 500 YTD ROI: 17%

I'm going to continue buying gold, silver, and crypto to further hedge against economic uncertainties. There's a reason I've been getting out of stocks and putting my money into other assets. The top 3 assets I mentioned are all showing upward price action and bullish performance in an uncertain market. The chart for the S&P is ugly, and the TA patterns indicate that we are on the verge of entering a bear market.
How old are you?

Late 20s. Just curious if your strat had anything to do with taking out retirement soon lol.

All good.

My retirement accounts have roughly 50% tracking the S&P, 25% tracking emerging markets and foreign stocks, and 25% are tracking precious metals. Overall I'm very pleased with the return on my portfolio, but at some point you're looking at a market correction. It's only a question of how severe, and for how long.

When it comes to preparing your portfolio for a market correction, in the words of Wu-Tang Financial - you need to diversify. I'll keep paring down my holdings in the market if we keep seeing bearish macro indicators - personally I look to notes from Fed and ECB meetings to get a better sense of the broader direction of the market.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Bitcoin, silver, and gold might be fine for hedging, hiding, or trading but since they don't generate income they are horrible long-term holds. Same with non-income generating real estate like subdivision lots and acreage not forested or farmed.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Signet Jewelers is up over 20% today after dropping around 85% over the last year. Without looking at them in depth, maybe it was another Millenial lifestyle crash. They may not be buying diamonds. But it does appear like it's the type of store front that could withstand the Amazon Effect. It seems like that's the kind of purchase that makes sense to make in person. But maybe online price comparison has destroyed the markups that they likely had in the pre-Amazon days.

I really know zilch about the diamond business. I had heard, though, that if it wasn't for De Beers controlling the wholesale, rough diamond supply that prices should be far lower. Wiki indicates that their monopoly has deteriorated lately.

Signet Jewelers is up over 20% today after dropping around 85% over the last year. Without looking at them in depth, maybe it was another Millenial lifestyle crash. They may not be buying diamonds. But it does appear like it's the type of store front that could withstand the Amazon Effect. It seems like that's the kind of purchase that makes sense to make in person. But maybe online price comparison has destroyed the markups that they likely had in the pre-Amazon days.

I really know zilch about the diamond business. I had heard, though, that if it wasn't for De Beers controlling the wholesale, rough diamond supply that prices should be far lower. Wiki indicates that their monopoly has deteriorated lately.
If you have time there’s interesting reading about the relationship between DeBeers and their long time ad agency. Basically with their monopoly they were able to heavily influence what was considered the “popular” size/cut of diamonds for decades. So a lot of small diamonds coming out of the mines, ads were altered to say small diamonds are very feminine and beautiful. A glut of larger diamonds and suddenly it was about men showing how much they loved their woman and what better way to do it than with a giant diamond? They’ve also done a great job at creating the cultural mores around reselling diamonds being bad luck or poor taste, which helps further control supply.

If you have time there’s interesting reading about the relationship between DeBeers and their long time ad agency. Basically with their monopoly they were able to heavily influence what was considered the “popular” size/cut of diamonds for decades. So a lot of small diamonds coming out of the mines, ads were altered to say small diamonds are very feminine and beautiful. A glut of larger diamonds and suddenly it was about men showing how much they loved their woman and what better way to do it than with a giant diamond? They’ve also done a great job at creating the cultural mores around reselling diamonds being bad luck or poor taste, which helps further control supply.

they created (codified) the tradition of the diamond as the engagement ring. or at least that's what I've always heard.

The delayed WeWork/We Company IPO is interesting. They (SoftBank primarily) nearly pulled off taking a REIT public with a tech company valuation. They were trying to get a valuation of $50 billion and pulled the plug (for now... they'll try again in a few months) when valuation experts suggested $10-$15 billion is more appropriate. They target renting fancy spaces with amenities to high tech start ups, but reality is that they are arbitraging office space leases. They're committing to long term rental contracts while they only have a fraction of them subleased. A smoke and mirrors REIT it seems.

Reactions: GoVolsDR

VN Store

Back