All things STOCKS

So, you are thinking I am going to be more like Rick Pitino (shooting too soon - ha ha).

Mostly getting back into (and increasing) long term positions that I've pruned in the past month: TDOC, SQ, PYPL, AMD, TSCO, CRM, BABA, HQY. STill got a decent amount of cash on the sidelines but I put a lot in today (ha ha, TWSS)

Trying to do some knife catching with CLOV too (hopefully, I caught the knife at $6.95)
You the good luck charm?!?

If your long in ETFs then you’re fine. Don’t look at it everyday. I always thought of ETFs as long plays. I don’t know anything about CCIV. Looks like it spiked before and obviously could do it again but who knows when? If something is bothering you that bad then you’re too heavily invested.
View attachment 355437
It's not bothering me too bad I'm just new to it. Didn't expect to lose 10% right out of the gate but knew it was possible, so I've only got $1,000 invested

Reactions: TC 83
It's not bothering me too bad I'm just new to it. Didn't expect to lose 10% right out of the gate but knew it was possible, so I've only got $1,000 invested
I loaded up on ETFs first so I'm about 90% ETFs currently. No problem holding for a few years

Why the 200 DMA? Why not the 50? Or the 100?
All of those are of course potential areas. The market has tried to hold the 50 for the last several trading sessions, but we broke through and held below it in yesterday's trade.

I just think that we're due for some kind of a longer, deeper pullback (not just one of these 2-3% pullbacks) that gets some people questioning if the uptrend is over, "oh no, is this a correction," that kind of thing. Some of the leaders of the rally since the March low are already down 20-25%.

Why the 200 DMA? Why not the 50? Or the 100?

The 50 has already broken in the S&P. The index bounced on the 100 day in September, but broke below in October when it bounced around the 130 day (random) with an RSI around 34. The RSI is currently around 40, so a move similar to the one in October would show the 3620 range as a good entry.

Every time I hear people talk technical it seems like they're trying to explain what's happening after the fact.

That's an interesting opinion given the fact you questioned a post that was forward looking. I see technicals as somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy in that markets often react to these levels because so many algos and traders use them. It certainly isn't a perfect predictor, but fundamentals aren't either. I think it simply provides another data point to consider based on how many trades execute based on technicals.

Every time I hear people talk technical it seems like they're trying to explain what's happening after the fact.
That's because it is. Technical analysis is a study of past data, no different than fundamental analysis in that regard. Personally I use them both not as an attempt to "predict" anything, but rather to help define and manage risk.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
She did an interview with a podcast I listen to - I haven't listened yet but I wonder how far in the past it was recorded. Lol.

I doubt she's very eager to do interviews right now.
The data on inflows/outflows to her funds is going to be veeeeery interesting in the coming weeks. Even though ARKK ran from 33 to 159 and it's back to just 110, there are a ton of holders of that thing that are in at much higher prices than current levels. The volume and inflows really started to spike in ARKK in November/December last year.

Relatively speaking, I don't think buyers from the 30s-50s represent the lion's share of the people currently holding it.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
Cathie’s ARK holdings are getting obliterated.

Attachments

• 41CC3B23-7BBF-4045-89DA-181299017BB6.png
    41CC3B23-7BBF-4045-89DA-181299017BB6.png
    632.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 5C9FFF37-2CEB-4693-94CF-A9D52BDFD188.png
    5C9FFF37-2CEB-4693-94CF-A9D52BDFD188.png
    662 KB · Views: 6

VN Store

Back