All things STOCKS

Another bad day for Cathie Wood’s holdings. I had limit buys set for each of the funds but have moved them all way, way down. I might add a little TSLA soon as a LT hold. Not a big bite though.

Ha ha, ouch. I just sold my remaining 250 shares at 36.

Yeah, a $12K boo boo so far (2000 shares * (36-30))

Ha ha, as of 1:00, this is $21,000 boo boo (2000 shares *(40-30)) + (250 shares * (40-36))

I'm almost to the point where the selling too early boo-boo exceeds the profit ($24K).

At least, I'm up 9 cents a share on the CLOV position I started. Ha ha

Reactions: VolAllen
Bought some. #YOLO

That said, if the good news for this company is trade policy-related, wouldn't it be already priced in?

It's not just that, but I would say most have no idea that the ruling is even going to happen. It's mainly the price of fertilizer rising and phosphate being the main ingredient. MOS will control the market.

Ha ha, as of 1:00, this is $21,000 boo boo (2000 shares *(40-30)) + (250 shares * (40-36))

I'm almost to the point where the selling too early boo-boo exceeds the profit ($24K).

At least, I'm up 9 cents a share on the CLOV position I started. Ha ha

Could you have made more money by selling this afternoon instead of this morning? Yes, but I wouldn't get to down about it. There's gonna be an 80% drop in refi's coming as 3% long bond is on the horizon. Still, I feel your pain.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
The media is saying RKT is squeezed. I have a hard time believing anybody is really short. What moron would short a stock as prominent as Rocket selling at a PE of 13? Theta squeeze, yes, but the truth is that's not really any different from making a stock go up by buying it a whole lot. More likely the WSB crowd is just familiar with it and interested in it. There has been debate on there since it IPO'd about what the "proper" PE is.

I was enjoying making 1% a week off it, but I guess I won't be doing that anymore.

Reactions: mrorange211
The media is saying RKT is squeezed. I have a hard time believing anybody is really short. What moron would short a stock as prominent as Rocket selling at a PE of 13? Theta squeeze, yes, but the truth is that's not really any different from making a stock go up by buying it a whole lot. More likely the WSB crowd is just familiar with it and interested in it. There has been debate on there since it IPO'd about what the "proper" PE is.

I was enjoying making 1% a week off it, but I guess I won't be doing that anymore.
I don't follow RKT closely or know particulars, but why has that stock not performed better since the IPO, and why does it have such a high short interest (it was already high and has increased since the recent rally)?

Is the company not making money hand over fist on the back of the strong housing market/refi boom? If not, why not?

You know, stock price discovery is only done one way, and that's by trading. So there weren't enough people who thought it was worth $30 a share. So what did those people think? I don't know. There was, on WSB, a disagreement about whether RKT should be valued as a fintech company or a bank. Banks trade at a pretty low P/E. However, RKT was low even for a bank, I thought. Oh, well.

FWIW, I still have covered calls at 27. It might make it down to 27 by the end of the week and I might get to keep some of it. Somebody exercised some calls early and 'grabbed" some of my stock during the night. That was a new experience.

Companies with solid businesses are pulling back today. TDOC, GNRC, DXCM, WDAY, CRM, ISRG, PANW, TSLA, IFF

GNRC was probably to be expected given how much it spiked during the TX power issues a few weeks ago. That ticker usually experiences spikes and drops around hurricane landfalls and major weather events, but the run during the TX winter storm was something else entirely (almost 40% in two weeks).

GNRC was probably to be expected given how much it spiked during the TX power issues a few weeks ago. That ticker usually experiences spikes and drops around hurricane landfalls and major weather events, but the run during the TX winter storm was something else entirely (almost 40% in two weeks).

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them merge with a bigger company. If not Tesla, one that is well capitalized that isn’t afraid to compete with TSLA.

Personally I’d like to buy a system for my parent’s house, mine, or both. I don’t really like their distribution (marketing) system, but I suppose it is efficient. When I looked online it was pretty much “give us your information and we’ll get back to you”. I suppose that I could call an 800 number.

ETFs are killing me thinking about selling it all and going all in on CCIV someone talk me off the ledge

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them merge with a bigger company. If not Tesla, one that is well capitalized that isn’t afraid to compete with TSLA.

Personally I’d like to buy a system for my parent’s house, mine, or both. I don’t really like their distribution (marketing) system, but I suppose it is efficient. When I looked online it was pretty much “give us your information and we’ll get back to you”. I suppose that I could call an 800 number.

I looked into their systems last year, and I had a similar experience. I was surprised at how user-unfriendly their website was.

If your long in ETFs then you’re fine. Don’t look at it everyday. I always thought of ETFs as long plays. I don’t know anything about CCIV. Looks like it spiked before and obviously could do it again but who knows when? If something is bothering you that bad then you’re too heavily invested.
96CF9189-1D03-44A7-8DF7-A6C71EF28745.png

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back