All joking aside... Golden/Wright situation

I thought she had another job on campus previous to her last job?

Me too, and the resume may not have been updated as she slid from one position to another, maybe there's an updated resume that hasn't been released. Still checking into it.

According to what Basilio keeps saying if they would accepted Wrights resignation this would go away but Susan Martin wouldn't do it she wants this out there to make athletics look bad. She has it out for athletics.

Basillio is an idiot.

Lot's of people believe the same as Basilio...LOTS.

The buzzwords are Basketball Players, Football Players, Sex...

I think a lot of folks just hang onto those buzz words and try to fit the information into a box that will accommodate it.

The truth is none of the typical beat guys are writing anything about this. This issue isn't on the sports page. Hyams is being given info by someone at UT, he's not digging for info between radio appearances and his rounds of golf.

I read Basilio's blog and he said he had proof...then he went on to say... ask Doug Matthews, ask Fulmer...sorry that's not proof of anything. That said, do I think there may be some truth to what folks are saying about the academic folks not giving a rats a$$ about sports? Sure. It's probably always been that way. Resentment over salaries. Check. Resentment over the fact that sports are "the front porch..." Check.

Still...I wonder what started it, ya know? Did a professor get upset because he/she sent someone to SJA and nothing happened? I mean, what was the starting point.

I have this vision, it's pretty funny. Whatever the initial blast was...I have a vision of the minions of Martin and Cheek running down the hill to the AD, they think they have all the facts. Only to be greeted with what we know today and back up the hill they run. They now have to report it to Martin.

Uh, well seems like the Director might have...well... been...uh...having...relations...improper relationships with the students she was...that she was...supposed to be....uh...ahem...(fighting back the laughter).... disciplining.

Anyway...It's bigger than the athletes and bigger than sex...every single student that had to go through the SJA process, going back to 2011, will have to be checked out or ya might as well shut it down, because it will lack credibility.

Let me put this out there while it's rolling around the 'ol noggin.

Seems like, based on what little we know, that the failing here was on the academic side, right? Sure, if a student cheated, it is wrong. But there is a process and it is all on the academic side. The professor reports it to SJA. The professor has options if the student has a clean record. What happens when it gets to SJA is up to SJA. They aren't working in conjunction with the AD. They aren't saying, hey coach sit him a couple games and we'll let ya keep him eligible. It's on SJA to determine the penalties.

So, cheating is wrong. We all would agree. The director of SJA having improper relationships with students is wrong, in that it leads to at least the perception of a conflict of interest. The real failing was the process, the real failing was the system and the people in charge of it. Wright has a Supervisor. Rogers had a Supervisor. Above them, you have to ask...What were you doing while this was going on?

Let me put this out there while it's rolling around the 'ol noggin.

Seems like, based on what little we know, that the failing here was on the academic side, right? Sure, if a student cheated, it is wrong. But there is a process and it is all on the academic side. The professor reports it to SJA. The professor has options if the student has a clean record. What happens when it gets to SJA is up to SJA. They aren't working in conjunction with the AD. They aren't saying, hey coach sit him a couple games and we'll let ya keep him eligible. It's on SJA to determine the penalties.

So, cheating is wrong. We all would agree. The director of SJA having improper relationships with students is wrong, in that it leads to at least the perception of a conflict of interest. The real failing was the process, the real failing was the system and the people in charge of it. Wright has a Supervisor. Rogers had a Supervisor. Above them, you have to ask...What were you doing while this was going on?

Applying for another job of course!

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/2010/apr/041510ath_reporting_taskforce_rpt.pdf

Much of the "heavy lifting" in the administration of athletics is performed by UTK officials already. For example, Provost Susan Martin oversees the admissions, enrollment, financial aid, and course registration offices through which our 500 student-athletes pass regularly. This same campus leader supervises those who hear academic dismissal cases and work in the Thornton Center for student-academic advising. Two full time-time employees in the UTK Office of Registrar devote 100% of their time to tracking student athlete academic eligibility, and all judicial affairs cases involving student-athletes are administered currently by the UTK Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs.

In other words, the buck stops with Susan Martin. Vice Chancellor of Student affairs was Dr. W. Tim Rogers.

Last edited:

My wife and I put our house on the market last week and we sold it, pending inspection on Monday. We weren't expecting that, so I've been looking for a place to move.

Today is really the first day I've had a chance to check back in, looks like there's some new info to look at.

My wife and I put our house on the market last week and we sold it, pending inspection on Monday. We weren't expecting that, so I've been looking for a place to move.

Today is really the first day I've had a chance to check back in, looks like there's some new info to look at.

That you, Tim Rogers? Lulz.

I still haven't heard anything more on what was told to me to be the "actual reason" for Golden's dismissal. Apparently, that, Wright and Rogers could all be interrelated.

With supposedly more than one student athlete involved in this mess... this rabbit hole could not end well for us if the NCAA decides to get involved.

Does this situation potentially have "Lack of Institutional Control" potential? Man I sure hope not, SMDH! What a soap opera we have in our athletic department these days. :banghead2:
Who's the other ones involved

VN Store

Back