All joking aside... Golden/Wright situation

Lets not get carried away. Like most things this will be a non story in a week or two. I just hope the football player is CP since he's gone already.

I agree with you that UT will try to turn it into a non story. If it turns out that all the players have moved on, that would be convenient.

So convenient in fact, I wouldn't believe it.

I agree with you that UT will try to turn it into a non story. If it turns out that all the players have moved on, that would be convenient.

So convenient in fact, I wouldn't believe it.

Well, had it not been for his dismissal, Trae would not have "moved on" and would still be here.

I don't understand how some of you don't think the NCAA would get involved. This type of situation epitomizes the NCAA's jurisdiction. You have multiple (per reports) student athletes being sent to judicial affairs for cheating/plagiarizing and receiving little to no punishment because they're athletes. Or, even if the lite punishment wasn't because they were athletes (instead because she was screwing them), it wouldn't matter.The actual reason is irrelevant. It would still be improper benefits. The student athlete would be benefiting in a way that a normal (plagiarizing) student did not.

There's no doubt in my mind that the NCAA will look into this.

Unless they prove the university knew about it or tied to sweep it under the rug when they found out about it why would the ncaa look into it? As long the university is forthcoming with all they know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Unless they proof the university knew about it or tied to sweep it under the rug when they found about why would the ncaa look into it? As long the university is forthcoming with all they know.

This^^^

Edit proof to prove tho

Unless Wright gave Golden, Hall, or whomever else preferential treatment to preserve their academic eligibility which could be otherwise lost, I'd imagine it's really none of the NCAA's business.

Unless Wright gave Golden, Hall, or whomever else preferential treatment to preserve their academic eligibility which could be otherwise lost, I'd imagine it's really none of the NCAA's business.

maybe we could do like Auburn, and just investigate it ourself.?

The members on here make me sick...with the way they almost wish bad things on the university. The university did every thing they where supposed to do in this situation...and this is small potatoes people, the NCAA can't waste time with a few players cheating. Its on the level of a secondary violation... and the university is not in the wrong here ...to bring up lack of institutional control is totally on another level and shows half of you have no idea what u are talking about, other than downing our university and trying to cause more drama than this situation mandates. Go vols!

The university took immediate action by letting Golden go and firing Wright. If any other present student/athlete is involved, then I have faith they will be told to hit the road as well. Case closed.

But what if it is just the opposite and Golden alleges that he was treated unfairly by Wright because of how their relationship ended??

Considering student athletes are involved the NCAA probably does have involvement if they choose to.

I see no reason the NCAA should have any involvement, regardless of the student being an athlete. In addition, there's been no disclosure of the academic fraud involving other athletes, just that she might have had inappropriate relationships with them as well. If she was simply sleeping with the other athletes for the hell of it, then the NCAA would be creating their areas of jurisdiction as they go IMO.

This should be a university issue and nothing more. If its John Doe the literature major she's sleeping with and she's caught covering up plagiarism, she's fired, he's expelled and its case closed. Golden should be treated as any other student in this situation, unless she explicitly says she slept with him to keep him eligible as an athlete then the NCAA can't infer that their relationship was anything more than a sexual one between a student and university employee.

If they get involved and rule it as a lack of IC they're overstepping their boundaries, just like they did with PSU. Sandusky is scum and deserves hellfire for eternity, and the AD and prez deserved their firing but I still fail to see how that issue involved the NCAA in any capacity and their ability to dole out punishment.

I see no reason the NCAA should have any involvement, regardless of the student being an athlete. In addition, there's been no disclosure of the academic fraud involving other athletes, just that she might have had inappropriate relationships with them as well. If she was simply sleeping with the other athletes for the hell of it, then the NCAA would be creating their areas of jurisdiction as they go IMO.

This should be a university issue and nothing more. If its John Doe the literature major she's sleeping with and she's caught covering up plagiarism, she's fired, he's expelled and its case closed. Golden should be treated as any other student in this situation, unless she explicitly says she slept with him to keep him eligible as an athlete then the NCAA can't infer that their relationship was anything more than a sexual one between a student and university employee.

If they get involved and rule it as a lack of IC they're overstepping their boundaries, just like they did with PSU. Sandusky is scum and deserves hellfire for eternity, and the AD and prez deserved their firing but I still fail to see how that issue involved the NCAA in any capacity and their ability to dole out punishment.

Forget the NCAA, for now...it's far too early to know whether or not there are other academic issues. Ms. Wright is not going to talk and neither are the players.

The point is this, and this is not directed at you only, aren't you sick and tired of not being able to go a few months at a time without being completely embarrassed by what continues to go down at UT? It's like the leadership is asleep at the wheel.

Last edited:
Forget the NCAA, for now...it's far too early to know whether or not there are other academic issues. Ms. Wright is not going to talk and neither are the players.

The point is this, and this is not directed at you only, aren't you sick and tired of not being able to go a few months at a time without being completely embarrassed by what continues to go down at UT? It's like the leadership is asleep at the wheel.

I agree with this 100%. No offseason is every quiet, somehow we always manage to get ourselves into the news. Whether its arrests, violations, dismissals, firings etc somehow some way no matter its pearl, Martin, fulmer, kiffin or Dooley.....we always seem to have something go on that embarrasses the university. For awhile I suppose I was naive and just assumed it was certain coaches, but after coaching changes and continued incidents, can't help but think it starts at the top.

lets see... academic misconduct = the lying and sweeping under the rug actions of a pedophile

yea thats close. :eek:k:

Point is, if something generates a sufficient public fuss, the NCAA will impose itself, regardless if it has legal jurisdiction or not.

Point is, if something generates a sufficient public fuss, the NCAA will impose itself, regardless if it has legal jurisdiction or not.

Pretty much this. The NCAA is more than willing to stick their nose in the BCS Schools' Business and make an example of Any BCS School that is an inch out of line.

The point is this, and this is not directed at you only, aren't you sick and tired of not being able to go a few ymonths at a time without being completely embarrassed by what continues to go down at UT? It's like the leadership is asleep at the wheel.

I have been thoroughly embarrassed of my alma mater, athletically and institutionally the last few years. However, if this turns out to be nothing more than a university employee in her mid-20s sleeping with a few students in their early 20s I won't bat an eye. They're all entitled to sleep with who they want. In the case she covered up academic cheating then I'll be thoroughly embarrassed again.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with this 100%. No offseason is every quiet, somehow we always manage to get ourselves into the news. Whether its arrests, violations, dismissals, firings etc somehow some way no matter its pearl, Martin, fulmer, kiffin or Dooley.....we always seem to have something go on that embarrasses the university. For awhile I suppose I was naive and just assumed it was certain coaches, but after coaching changes and continued incidents, can't help but think it starts at the top.

Actually things around here have been pretty quite since the Pearl incident in comparison to other schools. How can anyone at UT other then Jenny Wright be held accountable for this? The last thing an AD or coach is going to hear about is who is having sex with who especially if they shouldn't be. The only people responsible for this are Jenny Wright, Trae Golden, Kenny Hall and whoever the other player is. It will be a non story as soon as something happens at another school which will likely be within a couple of days.

The members on here make me sick...with the way they almost wish bad things on the university. The university did every thing they where supposed to do in this situation...and this is small potatoes people, the NCAA can't waste time with a few players cheating. Its on the level of a secondary violation... and the university is not in the wrong here ...to bring up lack of institutional control is totally on another level and shows half of you have no idea what u are talking about, other than downing our university and trying to cause more drama than this situation mandates. Go vols!
My thoughts exactly....

Just my opinion but if everyone would shut up about it and quit making it a story then the NCAA won't give a rats ass! It's obvious some misconduct went on because it's not a conduct violation if she was willing. :blink: They are legal adults!

Shhhhhhhhhhh

:unsure:

Tennesseeduke

I have been thoroughly embarrassed of my alma mater, athletically and institutionally the last few years. However, if this turns out to be nothing more than a university employee in her mid-20s sleeping with a few students in their early 20s I won't bat an eye. They're all entitled to sleep with who they want. In the case she covered up academic cheating then I'll be thoroughly embarrassed again.

I think the only difference then, between you and I, is that I no longer believe anything they say. They've lost all credibility with me. For instance, when Hart said he had no desire to mess with the lady Vol Logo. Summitt said in an affidavit that that was BS.(I'm paraphrasing).

The Butt Chugging incident involves this very department. In fact, the lawyer for the alleged Butt Chugger said this:

He also said, “I want the chancellor to review the Office of Student Affairs beginning with Vice-Chancellor Tim Rogers and his entire department. I believe the Office of Student Affairs is corrupt and rotten to the core.”

Brougton

Tim Rogers IS Ms. Wright's supervisor...btw I think she might be 30-31 yrs. old, not that it matters much.

Right now as we speak UT has hired an outside lawyer, not to get to the bottom of anything, but to protect the leadership as much as possible.

Last edited:
Why would the NCAA get involved? As far as what we know now, it's a whole lot less than what went on at UNC. They said it was an internal situation. They had pretty much nonexistent classes for athletes and supposedly a few other students to keep it from being athlete only benefits.

VN Store

Back