All Beck related discussions from last night (merged)

Arkansas Folks were tweeting (seriously) yesterday that ncaa needed to step in because…. Wait for it….. “young kids are watching and they will flip their bats too, and someone is going to get hit and suffer brain damage.” 🤣
They have a point but that can easily be governed on a local level.

Completely unrelated but ok. I don’t think we should crucify JB or anything but we also shouldn’t be praising him as some hero for doing what he did. Nothing good about it. Sends a bad message to kids.
It is certainly related. Do you think it didn’t piss the team off how an ESPN announcer publicly lied and spread baseless information? It most certainly pissed them off. So when they had an opportunity to give it right back that exactly what happened. The team is who they are because of how they act. They play with an edge and play with attitude when they take the field. You don’t have to like what he did but it’s the persona out team has taken on and it has gotten them to the point they at right now. JB isn’t the first player in college or pros to do what he did and will not be the last. But as far as the kids go, I have personally seen most of these players take time after games and take pictures with kids and sign autographs for hours after a game rather they win or lose. Not one time have I seen any player turn a kid away after a game or act any other way than polite and professional.

In fact, last night was the first time I have ever seen someone throw at at batter intentionally in a college game .
Happens a lot in college baseball. My son was playing in the Coastal Plains summer league. An opposing hitter hit a home run off my son's teammate and mouthed off to him as he rounded the bases. The next time the kid came up, my son was pitching and drilled him between the shoulder blades with a fastball. The batter screamed at the ump to throw my son out of the game for the intentional bean ball. The ump said, "the next time you hit a home run, keep your mouth shut". Old school baseball policed itself.

Bat flipping is getting out of control in college and pro ball. Even high school kids are doing it now to show up the other team.

Bat flipping is getting out of control in college and pro ball. Even high school kids are doing it now to show up the other team.
oh-no-anyway.gif

It’s no different than a basketball player celebrating after a three or dunk, or a football player celebrating after a touchdown. I’ve got no issues with the bat flips. If it creates animosity with the opponent then so be it. They aren’t suppose to be friends, they are suppose to be competing to win. If people get offended by a bat flip then maybe those people have some underlying issues they may want to speak with a therapist about.

Happens a lot in college baseball. My son was playing in the Coastal Plains summer league. An opposing hitter hit a home run off my son's teammate and mouthed off to him as he rounded the bases. The next time the kid came up, my son was pitching and drilled him between the shoulder blades with a fastball. The batter screamed at the ump to throw my son out of the game for the intentional bean ball. The ump said, "the next time you hit a home run, keep your mouth shut". Old school baseball policed itself.
Which two teams were involved?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back