All Beck related discussions from last night (merged)

No, but I’ve heard some chatter about how it MIGHT negatively affect his draft stock. Doubt it would be too much though. Just made a dumb decision in the heat of the moment at the climax of the game. He’s a good kid. Hope it doesn’t get blown out of proportion by the media and/or fans

It’s midnight. Who in the world is chattering this late ???

Shocklngly predictable responses. You don't flip off an opponent--that is bush league and terrible sportsmanship, period. We take things too far at times.
Glibert's 15-foot-high bat flip last night was also too much--disrespectful. Sure, flip your bat--but you don't flip it 15-feet in the air.

I agree with the flipping off but it’s not remotely suspension worthy.

As for the last part of this … lol.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
No, but I’ve heard some chatter about how it MIGHT negatively affect his draft stock. Doubt it would be too much though. Just made a dumb decision in the heat of the moment at the climax of the game. He’s a good kid. Hope it doesn’t get blown out of proportion by the media and/or fans

Oh we'll hear a lot about it since there are 5 days before the next series.

I agree with the flipping off but it’s not remotely suspension worthy.

As for the last part of this … lol.

Arkansas Folks were tweeting (seriously) yesterday that ncaa needed to step in because…. Wait for it….. “young kids are watching and they will flip their bats too, and someone is going to get hit and suffer brain damage.” 🤣

I’m a baseball alum. Have spoken to a few other alum tonight. We are embarrassed.

If you’re embarrassed by this team, I feel sorry for you. These guys play with guts, passion, and have fun. It’s literally just a hand gesture. And you have no idea if Georgia Tech players did anything to warrant Beck being upset and making the gesture.

I have never seen so many people upset about flipping the bird. It’s really not that serious.

If you’re embarrassed by this team, I feel sorry for you. These guys play with guts, passion, and have fun. It’s literally just a hand gesture. And you have no idea if Georgia Tech players did anything to warrant Beck being upset and making the gesture.

I have never seen so many people upset about flipping the bird. It’s really not that serious.

I can see the other side of this argument clear as day. Baseball traditionalist probably don’t love these antics.

Not embarrassed by the team Mookie. Embarrassed by the action. CTV has said the reason this team is successful is because he recruits kids with edge. That shows and I love that. But an ounce of restraint thrown in every once in a while would be nice. That’s all. Love this team, but am embarrassed by that action. Just not a good look.

I can see the other side of this argument clear as day. Baseball traditionalist probably don’t love these antics.

I would say I get it, but I really don’t. It just comes across as clutching pearls for no reason. We’ve all been young men at one point in our lives and I can tell you that I’ve done far worse or said far worse than flipping a bird, but I don’t think that makes me a bad person.

Let the kids play. Baseball needs people to watch the game to survive. Tonight has arguably been a showcase for college baseball. Incredible games all across the nation. Incredible passion. Some chippiness in many matchups. It’s good for the sport.

Not embarrassed by the team Mookie. Embarrassed by the action. CTV has said the reason this team is successful is because he recruits kids with edge. That shows and I love that. But an ounce of restraint thrown in every once in a while would be nice. That’s all. Love this team, but am embarrassed by that action. Just not a good look.

That’s fair.

I would say I get it, but I really don’t. It just comes across as clutching pearls for no reason. We’ve all been young men at one point in our lives and I can tell you that I’ve done far worse or said far worse than flipping a bird, but I don’t think that makes me a bad person.

Let the kids play. Baseball needs people to watch the game to survive. Tonight has arguably been a showcase for college baseball. Incredible games all across the nation. Incredible passion. Some chippiness in many matchups. It’s good for the sport.
The issue I have is I strive to be an example every where I go. The coaches probably preach that. There were 500 10 year olds in the stands who look up to Beck. Him doing that is him being an example. Doesn’t sit well with me. To bed, pumped for Supers!

It's hard to quietly win 56 games also.

VN Store

Back