Aliens and UFO's- Is the truth out there?

Obviously if Aliens have been visiting earth, then that particular race or races of aliens are far superior than us. I believe there is most likely aliens that are more advanced than us, and less advanced too. There could be aliens capable or visiting us, and there could be a young race that is like we humans were 100-400 years ago.

There could be some that are practically Neanderthals too. Who really knows? With space being as enormous as it is, it could be oozing with intelligent life that is just to far out of reach for us right now.

I would love to be alive in another 1000 years or so. Surely by then the whole "Are aliens real" debate will be put to rest with 100% undeniable proof of their existence if they are actually real.

If we still have yet to find that proof by then, mankind will still look up at the sky and question if we're actually alone in the universe or not. For some reason I believe most humans don't want to be alone in the entire cosmos. It's like it's hardwired into us. We will always hang on to hope that we're not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeusExMachina
I don't believe there is intelligent life on other planets. I don't believe we have been visited. However, I saw something two years ago that is difficult to explain.

Middle of the afternoon, I'm driving on a busy road, I see out of my left car window a chemtrail or contrail. it caught my eye because it was moving so rapidly across the sky. you know how a jet appears to moves slowly across the sky because it is so far away and that distance skews our perspective on velocity? this was nothing like that. in a matter of a minute and a half it moved from 1 horizon to the other. I remembered the Air Force testing a ramjet engine a few years ago and at first I thought I was seeing a plane powered by that type of engine. but I am not so sure due to the speed at which this object seemed to move. it wasn't as fast as a shooting star but it was certainly faster than any thing else I've ever seen move across our atmosphere.

This thread has gone way too long without one of these....

ancient-aliens.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Well, being capable of interstellar travel for one.

I think (could be wrong) what was meant is that alien life in general need not be more advanced. Some could be Proterozoic while some could be Vulcans and whatever in between.

If they've been here then yeah...they'd have to be well past our level of technology.

I think (could be wrong) what was meant is that alien life in general need not be more advanced. Some could be Proterozoic while some could be Vulcans and whatever in between.

If they've been here then yeah...they'd have to be well past our level of technology.

I was only referring to any that could visit the Earth. Any others I'm not to worried about.

I don't believe there is intelligent life on other planets. I don't believe we have been visited. However, I saw something two years ago that is difficult to explain.

You don't think there is any possibility that in the billions of galaxies with billions of stars in each one and trillions of exoplanets that there no way intelligent life exists anywhere but Earth?

You don't think there is any possibility that in the billions of galaxies with billions of stars in each one and trillions of exoplanets that there no way intelligent life exists anywhere but Earth?

Well, the idea of other life is certainly interesting IMO. It is certainly another issue if it's life that could/have actually deal with us directly.

Sure, there is a possibility. I just believe INTELLIGENT life isn't out there.

Personally I find it much easier to believe there is intelligent life out there "somewhere" than to believe any of said life has actually been here.

Reactions: Devo182
Definite quandary. The book has a story of Ezekiel's wheel. Do other religions mention similar stories in their text?

Well, the idea of other life is certainly interesting IMO. It is certainly another issue if it's life that could/have actually deal with us directly.

I go back and forth on the being visited or not. Sometimes I think it's highly possible. Sometimes not.

I don't necessarily agree that any race that have visited us is necessarily capable of taking what they want. It may take so much to get here that they are simply single ship explorers.

Just think, we've been to the moon a handful of times more or less just to say we did it. We are still capable of going and could probably start mining it if we really wanted to. Why don't we? That logic could very much to advanced alien races.

I just love the notion that if aliens exist they would most certainly be violent towards earth.

Why wouldn't they be? We just have to look at our own human history to see advanced civilizations tend to be violent against lesser civilizations at first contacts.

With that said I do believe there is intelligent life out there. Given the size of the universe there almost has to be. Have we been visited? Maybe, maybe not. If we have we wouldn't have the ability to detect them that's for sure in my opinion. While I hope there is life out there I'm kinda in agreement with Hawking, not sure I would want to broadcast to the 'verse that we're here until we're more technologically advanced...

Reactions: 1 person
There was a thread on this about a year ago but its an interesting read.

The Fermi Paradox - Wait But Why

here's an animation of it...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc[/youtube]

and Bill Nye's answer...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdJvFMAbPF8[/youtube]

I am more prone to believe in life on far away planets than I am in some things that are regarded as fact by some on this planet.

Yes, the vastly superior intelligence of extraterrestrials. Yet they cannot outsmart the Bubba Gumps, and tin foil hat nuts that routinely see them. It is almost as ironic as the "bigfoot" that cannot outsmart some toothless inbred yet has eluded everyone else for a millennia. Sometimes the truth just really is that simple but people want to believe there is some great story or conspiracy that is not being told or is blocked by an incompetent government.

Sure, there is a possibility. I just believe INTELLIGENT life isn't out there.

The law of averages say otherwise. Considering the vastness of the known universe, it's pretty much a mathematical certainty.

Having said that I'm extremely skeptical of the idea that we are being visited by extraterrestrials. More so, I'm skeptical of a government cover up.

Last edited:
If we have been visited by any extraterrestrials, they are obviously far more advanced technologically.

I 100% believe there is life elsewhere in the universe. The universe is infinite and still rapidly expanding by the minute. There is definitely other habitable worlds that are millions of light years away. The question may not be if they are aliens, what if they are in fact human beings like us? It's possible.

If we have been visited by any extraterrestrials, they are obviously far more advanced technologically.

I 100% believe there is life elsewhere in the universe. The universe is infinite and still rapidly expanding by the minute. There is definitely other habitable worlds that are millions of light years away. The question may not be if they are aliens, what if they are in fact human beings like us? It's possible.

Not trying to be smart, but if it's rapidly expanding, how is the universe infinite?

Definite quandary. The book has a story of Ezekiel's wheel. Do other religions mention similar stories in their text?

Did a little research and answered my own question. Yes.

The Quran, Tamil and Sanskrit, and Sutras, all ancient text, do mention the possibility of extraterrestrial life and "UFO's".

Interesting.

Did a little research and answered my own question. Yes.

The Quran, Tamil and Sanskrit, and Sutras, all ancient text, do mention the possibility of extraterrestrial life and "UFO's".

Interesting.

Therefore God is an alien, glad we resolved that.

Which would be more depressing:

Living in a nearly limitless universe that is devoid of life.

Or

Finding other civilizations that are terribly far away so that neither of us can truly communicate with each other. We could see each other across the room, but we would never be able to engage in dialogue, share ideas, learn from each other?

Which would be more depressing:

Living in a nearly limitless universe that is devoid of life.

Or

Finding other civilizations that are terribly far away so that neither of us can truly communicate with each other. We could see each other across the room, but we would never be able to engage in dialogue, share ideas, learn from each other?

The first one. At least with the second option it gives you goal to reach and also allows you to question what "they" are like. I hate to think we're the only intelligent life in the whole universe.

VN Store

Back