Alexus Dye out of Troy commits

Excited to see Lex (Alexus) suit up! I think she could give us a look we’ve needed for a while at the four position. I think we’ve lacked consistent offensive output from the PF spot. If her mid-range game and athleticism translate well to the SEC, her and Tamari could be quite the duo.

It’s also great that Striplin (who I’m SUUUPER) excited to see suit up, won’t have to take on a large roll as a frosh. Don’t sleep on her though. I’m looking forward to seeing how she adjusts. She seems to have a solid skill set offensively. Don’t sleep on Keyen Green either. At the very least, we know she’s an all-out hustle kind of player.

I still think we need a point-guard- someone with pure PG instincts who can confidently run an offense and is threat from behind the arc.

This is the impact transfer we've been waiting for?

I guess you can take the coach out of the mid-major, but you can't take the mid-major out of the coach... :rolleyes:
Well done! You have undoubtedly had that line saved for a few weeks so you could copy/paste it in here as soon as someone committed to continue your trolling. You are consistent, I’ll give you that.

Watching that video, I have so much respect and admiration for Coaches Roonie Scoval and Chandra Rigby for believing in Alexus and being outstanding mentors for a young woman who lost her mother way too soon. Scoval and Rigby took her hand and her talent and her desire to succeed and saw to it that she had motherly figures who told her that she WAS good enough, and she WAS talented enough, and she WAS deserving of every good thing that happens to her if she just continues to work hard.

And now, today, in this very moment, the young woman who wanted SOOOO much to do something more... something special... something her mother would have been so very proud of, IS A TENNESSEE LADY VOL.

Gawd. If you can't get behind and be fully, completely, unreservedly happy about THAT, then I feel sorry for you. This is a literal perfect scenario, and I cannot wait to cheer my tail off for Alexus Dye next season as a Lady Vol and then as a professional player, because I truly believe ALL of her basketball dreams are going to come true.

On the.plus side, she scored 20 points against Mississippi St and 25 against Texas A&M this year.
One concern is, this season, she had 25 assists and 79 turnovers in 753 minutes played. That's 1 assist every 30 minutes and 1 turnover every 9.5 minutes.
Give Kellie time to work her, like she’s worked with JH.

On the.plus side, she scored 20 points against Mississippi St and 25 against Texas A&M this year.
One concern is, this season, she had 25 assists and 79 turnovers in 753 minutes played. That's 1 assist every 30 minutes and 1 turnover every 9.5 minutes.
watching the way Troy plays those TO's arent shocking to me......They put Arkansas fast pace style of play to shame

The girl plays larger than 6 foot....Hell of a wing span....Nice to have her here....
Troy was so robbed against A&M....The last 30 seconds of that game should be a training film on how not to referee....Blocking is called a charge....Over and back not called....etc....etc...
D3u2Fy0X4AE8D_j.jpg

I guess you can take the coach out of the mid-major, but you can't take the mid-major out of the coach... :rolleyes:

well she should be an asset to a team that will need as much scoring help as possible next year. Probably not the all world player many are posting, but seems
Ike a pretty good pickup. We will see how much difference it makes.

Can she play point guard?
No, but she fits ONE of the needs coming into the offseason, which was to replace Davis' scoring and rebounding. She will help to fill that void better than the freshmen or other returning players not named Rae Burrell.

Agree that they still need an experienced true PG to fill out the roster.

As a seasoned glutton for punishment, I just watched a replay of Troy vs A&M.

Those girls of Troy needed one break at the end and those refs took the game and win away every time. The non over and back call, wtf?

That said, whose minutes will Dye take as a LV? She is just too small to play inside in the SEC. IMHO

Her TO rate is actually in the 80th percentile. But assist rate is in the 12th percentile.

remember the career, scoring and rebounding skills of Baylor's Nina Davis the under six foot forward , and the 6 foot center from Middle Tennessee who also played in the WNBA. She also brings - importance of and experience of winning.

my non expert opinion is to rely more on the decisions of the LV coaches than speculation of Boarders.

VN Store

Back