Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Ethics Violations already for getting bent out of shape about someone talking about her..she doesn't know her butt from a hole in the ground.

Imagine the abuse of power if in office long term.

Ocasio-Cortez Threatens To Retaliate Against Trump Jr. Over Meme, Twitter Explodes With Accusations Of Ethics Violations

Ocasio-Cortez warns Trump Jr. about subpoena power in response to meme

Mocking Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez could backfire, Republican warns

Mighty big words from a dumb chick who isn't even a member of congress yet. She wears the "-elect" appendage until January. To me Trump's minders have to be something like kindergarten teachers, but this one takes it to a whole new level. Gotta love it when political parties try to out-dumb each other.

Reactions: shotgun83
She is just one voice of 235 Dems in the House... and it's not like she is going to be chairing any committees.

It's truly amazing how this young woman from the Bronx who hasn't even been seated has the collective Right's panties in such a wad.

She is just one voice of 235 Dems in the House... and it's not like she is going to be chairing any committees.

Yeah, you probably have to be able to repeatedly and reliably find the meeting room to fill that void. And we're talking congress here, too ... people elected by popular vote and not competence or outward signs of ability.

You do realize the difference between laughing with someone and laughing at someone. In one case you give the person some credibility; the other not so much.

Credibility is not something you can give or take away.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny.
That's supposed to be funny for the movie, and it is, but it's also more true than seemingly anybody wants to admit. If a high schooler has aspirations of playing college basketball on scholarship as a sophomore in high school but is 5'5'', slow, and can't hit a jump shot, he'll be politely told to focus on something else that might get him there. You can't have that conversation when the issue is academics though.

In Europe, a bastion of leftism and political correctness, they'll take kids at 16 who they know aren't cut out for college and suggest they go to a trade school. This notion of everyone going to college, encouraging majoring in some hair-brained subject if that's what you want to do, and borrowing hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it isn't foisted upon kids there.

I read that as a tongue in cheek article. Apparently, FOXNews took it seriously?
Maybe I misread the tone.

Vox mocked for seeking constitutional overhaul so Ocasio-Cortez can run for president

I'm thinking some crazy ideas are floated in articles as a means to see how many people would sign on. If it really flops, it was humor; if there's enough support it goes into the loony Dim platform.

As far as the O-C chick goes, I really think the rules applying to presidential qualification should also apply to congress. The Speaker of the House and Senate President pro tem are next in line of succession after the VP. If you let enough people lacking presidential qualifications in congress, there's obviously a potential problem. Except for the greed to take the top spot among congressional chimps, I could easily see Dims voting someone like O-C into one of those positions to prove their allegiance to affirmative action.

Reactions: jaybird_1981
I read that as a tongue in cheek article. Apparently, FOXNews took it seriously?
Maybe I misread the tone.

Vox mocked for seeking constitutional overhaul so Ocasio-Cortez can run for president
I didn't view it as tongue-in-cheek at all. Yglesias isn't that type of writer. I think it is meant seriously.

He does make one statement in the article that really does sound like satire ("One good sign that AOC should run for president is that she has a nickname — AOC"), before admitting that having a nickname absolutely doesn't mean you'd exercise good judgment in the Oval Office but that it does mean "she’s an honest-to-goodness political superstar."

VN Store

Back