Alabama - Zero Penalties

If I understand this, we have two gumps in here trying to argue that SEC officiating is not biased towards Bammer. When I think about the number of outright tackles of DL by Bammer OL that occur on nearly every Bammer play from scrimmage, I just have to chuckle.

Bama has been called for just shy of three times the number of holding calls of their opponents this year.

Bama has several consensus early round picks in their front 7, and have for years, and their opponents are called for fewer holds than almost any team in the nation.

But it's just Bama that gets away with it..

Bama's benefit from Targeting Calls this year:

1. Alabama vs A&M:
Senior DB Donovan Wilson.
7 career INTs. 2nd on team in tackles. 19 career tackles for loss.
Ejected for Targeting with 4:00 left in First quarter.
Referee is Matt Loeffler.

2. Alabama vs Missouri:
SR MLB Terez Hall.
Team Captain. Butkus and Nagurski nominee.
Ejected for Targeting with 9:00 left in Second quarter.
Referee is David Smith

3. Alabama vs Tennessee:
Back Up to Previous Game ... Tennessee vs Auburn:
JR MLB Daniel Bituli.
UT’s leading tackler.
Ejected for Targeting with 3:00 left in the game at the end of a Tennessee blowout win.
Referee is Matt Austin.
Bituli misses first half vs Alabama.

Alontae Taylor, UT's top 2 DB tossed for targeting on the first series of the game.

4. Alabama vs LSU:
Back up to previous game ... LSU vs Mississippi State
JR ILB Devin White.
Permanent Team Captain.
Pre-season All-American. Butkus, Bednarik, Nagurski nominee
Ejected for Targeting with 5:00 left in the game in a blowout LSU win.
Referee is John McDaid.
White misses first half vs Alabama.

Also...this is a ridiculous non-call and even worse when you compare it to what has and hasn't been called all year:

There are my examples. There is a real and clear trend here. Please refute. I mean, is Bama just the luckiest team in the conference with targeting calls?

Can you post the videos of those calls to prove they were wrong?

I don't know. You asked for examples, and there's one that helps my case. Refute it or provide examples otherwise.

Bama's ranking isn't an example of anything unless you are suggesting that the ranking is indicative of something.

I'm not saying I believe it affected the outcome. I am saying, however, it affected the final score. Take away Bama's TD when they fumbled, and give MSU the TD they scored, and its a different ballgame.

Is it? Can you guarantee that MSU wouldn't have immediately fumbled the next snap after Harris' fumble? They did have 3 or 4 fumbled snaps in the game.

Can you post the videos of those calls to prove they were wrong?

Bama's ranking isn't an example of anything unless you are suggesting that the ranking is indicative of something.

Is it? Can you guarantee that MSU wouldn't have immediately fumbled the next snap after Harris' fumble? They did have 3 or 4 fumbled snaps in the game.

My point is Bama has benefitted from targeting calls this year. The calls are subjective (as seen in the blatant no call in the video I posted). The subjectivity is clearly going in Bama's favor. Are you going to actually try to refute this, or are you going to continue to question and deflect?

My point is Bama has benefitted from targeting calls this year. The calls are subjective (as seen in the blatant no call in the video I posted). The subjectivity is clearly going in Bama's favor. Are you going to actually try to refute this, or are you going to continue to question and deflect?

Bama has benefited from a number of targeting calls this year. Except for Delvin White, they were all pretty clean calls. White's was somewhat negated by a bad overturn on Delpin. If that's the best evidence of some conspiracy or bias, that's pretty weak.

Bama has benefited from a number of targeting calls this year. Except for Delvin White, they were all pretty clean calls. White's was somewhat negated by a bad overturn on Delpin. If that's the best evidence of some conspiracy or bias, that's pretty weak.

So Bama is just the luckiest team in the conference with the subjective targeting calls?

Bama was just lucky to not get called a single time last week, and just lucky that game changing calls went their way?

Bama is just lucky that they happened to be one of the least penalized teams in the conference?

You asked for evidence, and I gave it. Pretty darn clear evidence. I doubt anything I would have put forward would have been anything other than weak in your mind.

Did you watch either the Mizzou or LSU games? Particularly Mizzou, since it was the same crew as Miss St.

No one says anything when Bama is on the raw end of bad officiating because it rarely affects the final score.
I haven't watched a single Alabama game all year, and don't see that changing

So Bama is just the luckiest team in the conference with the subjective targeting calls?

Is this some kind of trend you can point out from past years? Or did the conspiracy begin this year?

Bama was just lucky to not get called a single time last week, and just lucky that game changing calls went their way?

Does one game prove a rule? If so, are we just going to ignore the LSU game?

Bama is just lucky that they happened to be one of the least penalized teams in the conference?

Are Bama's opponents just so darn fundamentally sound that Bama has wound up ranking dead last in opposing penalties for the past few years (near or dead last in the country, too)?

You asked for evidence, and I gave it. Pretty darn clear evidence. I doubt anything I would have put forward would have been anything other than weak in your mind.

You posted conjecture, not evidence.

SEC is going to get a team in the playoffs PERIOD. Rams couldn’t beat Bamer right now.

Okay. Let's see it. Honestly, I just need a rough time reference, as I have all the games available to pull up.
Bama’s RT holding and throwing UT’s DE to the ground right in front of the ref was the most obvious call you could make.

Bama is dominate but to say they don’t commit penalties is straight up comical.
here would be a place to start.

Man if Bama only would have had about 200 penalties against us, we may have had a chance of keeping it close.

But...yeah but...what about...Questions, deflections...

There is a bias and there is evidence of a bias. BW even stopped just short by admitting Bama has benefitted from targeting calls this year.

The sky is blue, the earth is round, water is wet, and yes, there is a bama bias. I’m not saying there is a conspiracy, I’m not saying it is necessarily intentional. I’m saying there is a bias, and given the location and concentration of Bama fans, it isn’t that unreasonable of a notion.

Bama is going to win without it, you guys are that good. I doubt any reasonable fan would say otherwise. The rest of us just think it’s ridiculous there is officiating cover on top of it.

Fans of the dirtiest program in SEC history want proof of cheating. It is hilarious to look at that damn fan base.

Is this some kind of trend you can point out from past years? Or did the conspiracy begin this year?

Does one game prove a rule? If so, are we just going to ignore the LSU game?

Are Bama's opponents just so darn fundamentally sound that Bama has wound up ranking dead last in opposing penalties for the past few years (near or dead last in the country, too)?

You posted conjecture, not evidence.
The lady doth protest too much

But...yeah but...what about...Questions, deflections...

I've responded to all of your questions, you haven't responded to mine.

There is a bias and there is evidence of a bias. BW even stopped just short by admitting Bama has benefitted from targeting calls this year.

Actually, I said, in no uncertain terms, that Bama was the beneficiary of a number of targeting calls this year. You're arguing against the case you want me to be making rather than the one I am.

Okay. One holding call in one game. Admittedly a missed call. They missed at least one by UT, so what has been established?
what metric would satisfy you? 2/3/10 missed calls a game against Bama?

Even the national media is starting to question the officiating that Bama is receiving. There is something there, this isn't just sour grapes. Now you have the guys getting rich off of Bama commenting on the biased calls.

VN Store

Back