Alabama - Zero Penalties

Seriously. Yesterday vs MSU. It has finally happened. They have just decided to stop calling ANYTHING on them.

Silly beyond belief.

And - they had a fumble on their first drive, but the refs called the runner down, no review. The replay showed the ball coming out before the knee was down. Several stories about it online - example is at Alabama Benefits From Early Referee Mistake

And you guys really think the refs make a difference for a team that averages 48 points per game and hasn’t allowed a point 2 weeks in a row against ranked teams? Geez

this team is ruining college football, what have the other teams got to play for when they know the ncaa is going to let them get away with anything they want to do?
Wow so now it’s not just the SEC it’s the entire ncaa? Damn the rec runs deep.

Reactions: centkyvol
And you guys really think the refs make a difference for a team that averages 48 points per game and hasn’t allowed a point 2 weeks in a row against ranked teams? Geez

What part of the post said anything like that, buttercup? No team plays a perfect game. The refs have just stopped calling anything on them. It’s silly.

Alabama holds, clips, chops, slaps, and cheap shots and nothing happens. Ever. Now they don’t get flagged for anything.

It took Saban swallowing his pride and hiring Butch Jones away from us but he seems to finally have the disciplinarian that his team desperately needed.

I was just as mad as everyone else when Butch resigned to take the Bama job but I can’t say I’m surprised with the results.

Say what you will about Butch but he always had complete control over the team. He built a very solid culture within our program.

For these reasons, Butch’s success in Tuscaloosa comes as no suprise to me. Saban saw the writing on the wall and knew it was only a matter of time before Butch Jones and the Volunteers took the Tide’s Top Spot in the world of NCAA Football.

I guess Saban took the old saying “if ya can’t beat ‘em—join ‘em” to heart.

I know its not refs but it's really nice when the NCAA puts Bama grads in charge of investigations against a school (Ole Miss) that had beat Bama in back to back years and were taking recruits Bama was after....

It took Saban swallowing his pride and hiring Butch Jones away from us but he seems to finally have the disciplinarian that his team desperately needed.

I was just as mad as everyone else when Butch resigned to take the Bama job but I can’t say I’m surprised with the results.

Say what you will about Butch but he always had complete control over the team. He built a very solid culture within our program.

For these reasons, Butch’s success in Tuscaloosa comes as no suprise to me. Saban saw the writing on the wall and knew it was only a matter of time before Butch Jones and the Volunteers took the Tide’s Top Spot in the world of NCAA Football.

I guess Saban took the old saying “if ya can’t beat ‘em—join ‘em” to heart.
Wait what?! I couldn't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Butch is an analyst... Butch has nothing to do with them having Tua, or there offensive success, and definitely not there “discipline.”
Where were you when he was around here?

Wait what?! I couldn't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Butch is an analyst... Butch has nothing to do with them having Tua, or there offensive success, and definitely not there “discipline.”
Where were you when he was around here?
I just started following american football about 8-9 months ago... what am I missing here?

VN Store

Back