Alabama coach with some interesting comments on 11.7 and Bama disadvantage.

Agreed. I was on the Spyre zoom call and asked about what % of collective money goes towards baseball. I don’t think they knew the %’s or wanted to share them, but they replied something along the lines of “football is the primary focus and receives about 50% and then roughly 30% to basketball with the remaining to baseball“. If I had to guess, I doubt baseball receives even 10% of the Spyre collective $$$.
So did you gather if you want more of your money to go to baseball, get in with the Basevol collective?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I still can’t believe Bruin is gone. I got in one too many arguments with him in the basketball forum about Barnes, but it feels weird not having him around.

I miss him too, he’s a person of conviction. He took his leave and I can respect it, even more so now.

I guess the two LA schools are thinking football and basketball. For their baseball teams, it's a big difference in temperature on a February day in Minnesota vs LA. I don't understand why the PAC teams don't merge with the remnants of the Big 12. Ohio State and Michigan probably have their eyes on the SEC and will leave soon anyway.

Thanks Taylorvol for the recommendation. I respect your opinion. I’ve been trying to decide the place that would have the most impact for supporting the BaseVols.
You’re welcome. I like Spyre and support them but www.friendsofbasevols.com is grassroots support solely for UT baseball. Plus, Craig Jenkins seems like a good guy and is passionate about supporting Vols baseball, so I think it’s a terrific idea and those 11.7 scholarships don’t go very far.

VN Store

Back