Alabama coach with some interesting comments on 11.7 and Bama disadvantage.

@1RBFjr

To noob me is to love me.
Agreed. I was on the Spyre zoom call and asked about what % of collective money goes towards baseball. I don’t think they knew the %’s or wanted to share them, but they replied something along the lines of “football is the primary focus and receives about 50% and then roughly 30% to basketball with the remaining to baseball“. If I had to guess, I doubt baseball receives even 10% of the Spyre collective $$$.
So did you gather if you want more of your money to go to baseball, get in with the Basevol collective?

TheMookieMonster

is he off the site completely or just the Baseball Forum? I really don't stray too far from Baseball stuff.
As far as I can tell, off the site completely. I split my time pretty equally between here and the basketball forum and he hasn’t been seen over there in at least a year or more.

youcancallmeAl

I guess the two LA schools are thinking football and basketball. For their baseball teams, it's a big difference in temperature on a February day in Minnesota vs LA. I don't understand why the PAC teams don't merge with the remnants of the Big 12. Ohio State and Michigan probably have their eyes on the SEC and will leave soon anyway.

taylorvol

Thanks Taylorvol for the recommendation. I respect your opinion. I’ve been trying to decide the place that would have the most impact for supporting the BaseVols.
You’re welcome. I like Spyre and support them but www.friendsofbasevols.com is grassroots support solely for UT baseball. Plus, Craig Jenkins seems like a good guy and is passionate about supporting Vols baseball, so I think it’s a terrific idea and those 11.7 scholarships don’t go very far.

VN Store