Al Washington (Potential DC)

Sounds like we are going to out coach Sabin. Not going to happen
I don’t think his X’s and O’s Is what sets him apart. His whole Process is superior top to bottom. Some of his best players have been 3 stars. He hires solid tacticians for playcalling. They have been outcoached in some big games. For UT matchups for quite awhile, we haven’t had coordinators while could hang. DeBord outcoached him in 15 and we lost a late lead and the game by 5. Previously Kiffin outcoached him and we lost by 2. Could happen.

Reactions: Nouveaux
Amazing how many have gone all in on Washington when I'd bet 3 weeks ago the huge majority on UT boards never heard of him. If he (Washington) was the LB coach at South Dakota and we were hiring him to be our DC UT boards would be in meltdown mode because we were hiring from the bottom of the barrel even though it would be the same person.

He might be a good DC...but who knows because he has no data to back it up. He's the top recruiter for the current 2022 recruiting class which includes kids from the state of Ohio....If you look at his overall recruiting...he's way down the list in top recruiters.

You know we were turned down? No, you don't..one of your supposed turn downs is already a HC the other an OC.

Ok, I guess I'll believe "wokeswampfan" over multiple reports from credible writers saying we were turned down by both Franklin and Elliot. I guess Charlie Strong leaving us at the altar years ago was all made up too. Ya know, if you go looking for something to offend you or hurt your feelings you're most likely going to find it. Have a good one. Hopefully that rain cloud will leave you alone one day.

I don't think that will be the reality of it much less the message.

They will simply say that we went through a process and Kevin won out.

There are only rumors about this thing with Washington. They could be true but could also be false or exaggerated.
Oddly, some of those rumors are coming from Columbus OH too. Smoke -> fire.

As for the "we went through a process and Kevin won out" line, cringe. Just cringe. It is what it is but Steele has to feel pretty stepped over at this point.

I'm not opposed to Steele but dang, he'll know, the SEC knows, recruits will be told "they settled for that guy Steele, you know, because they couldn't hire a better guy." It's a helluva situation to be already employed somewhere, watch them try hard NOT to promote you, then promote you. Yikes.

its like stepping in a pile of sh!t. I know I stepped in it. You know I stepped in it. I need to figure out how to keep it from stinking so much. Eventually the smell should go away and everything should be okay unless I step in it again. See what I’m saying.

Go VOLS

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Oddly, some of those rumors are coming from Columbus OH too. Smoke -> fire.

As for the "we went through a process and Kevin won out" line, cringe. Just cringe. It is what it is but Steele has to feel pretty stepped over at this point.
Maybe. Or he could feel like "I'll show them if I get the chance". Hard to say where he is. Maybe after going through what he just went through at Auburn he's amenable to the idea of taking a step back and maybe even mentoring a guy like Washington while being a position coach? Maybe he's willing to be DC but would prefer less pressure at this point?

There are a million what ifs that do not assume the worst.

I think a lot of people are making assumptions when their perspective might be a million miles off.

7?! The other teams we are playing with are playing with 25. Rotating them in and out. We running ours into the ground.

7 starters homie. 7 starters. And my comment was in response to the person who complained we would only have 3 stars if we didn’t get a guy who is a great recruiter at OSU.

I am. Completely. You on the other hand seem to be untethered. Discrimination including discrimination by race occurs. It always has. It always will. But it is VERY minimal in the US today. Unequal outcomes are NOT evidence of discrimination. The most JUST society you can have is one that pursues equality of opportunity PERIOD.

I've done well. I have a great job with significant responsibility and good pay. I grew up in a lower middle class home in one of the poorest counties in southern Appalachia. My parents by modern measures came out of extreme poverty. My public school came up short in its ability to prepare us for competition at top colleges. Other than having two great parents... I faced most of the disadvantages that SJW's complain about. I've had several set backs and disappointments in my career to include reverse discrimination. In all that... I was responsible for what I did with my blessings and challenges. My accent held me back so I learned to be more "professional". I worked harder than my peers. I didn't give up even when I really had been treated unfairly.

I don't hate or resent anyone and especially not because of their race. But I DO resent the idea that it is my fault that someone fails when they're failure is a product of their own repeated bad decisions.

The left leaning Brookings Institute proved that behavior is by far and away the dominant factor in a person's success. When young people finish high school, stay away from crime, and wait until marriage to have children... their prospects for work and success are comparable regardless of their race.

It isn't color... it is culture. It is self-destructive behavior and decisions. Right now in corporations there is more discrimination IN FAVOR of black applicants than against them. I have yet to work for a company that was not looking for ways to find and hire qualified black people especially in entry level managerial roles. You cannot hire people who do not apply. You cannot promote people who do not perform.

The behaviors listed above have a better opportunity when a father is in the lives of the children.

True for all children.

Last edited:
Coaching matters, how many National Championships does Alabama have between the years of Bear Bryant and Saban? 1. How many does Clemson have before Dabo arrived? 1

Amazing how many have gone all in on Washington when I'd bet 3 weeks ago the huge majority on UT boards never heard of him. If he (Washington) was the LB coach at South Dakota and we were hiring him to be our DC UT boards would be in meltdown mode because we were hiring from the bottom of the barrel even though it would be the same person.

He might be a good DC...but who knows because he has no data to back it up. He's the top recruiter for the current 2022 recruiting class which includes kids from the state of Ohio....If you look at his overall recruiting...he's way down the list in top recruiters.

So what? The fact is he is a well respected coach at one of the biggest powerhouse colleges in the US. There was tons of data that said Shoop was a top notch DC. How did that work out?

Hiring coaches is a total crap shoot. Givens the situation we are facing, there is NO way we can get a top notch proven DC. So what’s your point exactly?

VN Store

Back