Al Washington (Potential DC)

If this Dave Biddle guy is right Washington probably needs to stay at OSU. He sounds like he rally doesn't want to be here.
If the pay is equal anywhere else then no one wants to be here. Sounds terrible but it’s the truth. I think we can repair our image though going forward. We’ve had too many incompetent ADs in the past.

Reactions: Border Vol
Looking at resumes - if all of you really do that sort of thing - Steele is much better - knows the sec and recruiting - knows the south - a real history of being a DC and defensive record is good especially considering working is toughest side of conference in America. I would like to give Washington a chance and would support him but Steele is solid if he gets the chance. Washington is still just a LB coach and limited in experience with that position. I will go with the flow

If the pay is equal anywhere else then no one wants to be here. Sounds terrible but it’s the truth. I think we can repair our image though going forward. We’ve had too many incompetent ADs in the past.
It will be hard to do if the only assistant coaches Tennessee can hire are mediocre assistant coaches.

raw.gif

Well after watching an AD who had never been an AD, hire a HC who had never been a HC, some of the rational among us think that one of the 3 most important coaching positions on a 60 million dollar football program should possibly go to someone with actual experience.

I don’t know where get your info but better look further

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball will be very weak moving forward

If this Dave Biddle guy is right Washington probably needs to stay at OSU. He sounds like he rally doesn't want to be here.

Imo, it isn't that he doesn't want to be here. I don't think for 1 second that he would interview if he didn't have legit interest in coming here. The issue is no one "wants" to uproot a family and move somewhere else. He's from Columbus, OH. His did went to school at OSU. It isn't an easy decision. If he had no ties to OSU, I would be willing to bet he'd already be on campus. If OSU were even in the realm money wise and offering him the DC title, it wouldn't even be a decision for him.

You are really convinced that Heupel is the next General, aren't you?
I think he'll be a very good coach and i'm not an extreme negavol like you who thinks that any hire you don't like is the next Derek Dooley. Ignore is a good thing and life is too short to read stupid things from posters like you!

giphy (8).gif

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Someone made a good point. These coaches know the wrong job can hurt their future so they have to be selective. Maybe he can get jancek and Steele to agree to work together as Co-DCs.

Looking at resumes - if all of you really do that sort of thing - Steele is much better - knows the sec and recruiting - knows the south - a real history of being a DC and defensive record is good especially considering working is toughest side of conference in America. I would like to give Washington a chance and would support him but Steele is solid if he gets the chance. Washington is still just a LB coach and limited in experience with that position. I will go with the flow

Washington is the number one recruiter in the nation. If you ever want to catch up with Saban we need Washington.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Someone made a good point. These coaches know the wrong job can hurt their future so they have to be selective. Maybe he can get jancek and Steele to agree to work together as Co-DCs.
It's rough to possibly have to take a bite out of a sh*t sandwich and hire two losers.:rolleyes:

This isn't how the world works, friend.
I guess I should clarify: we want someone who accepts the challenge and looks forward to the opportunity. I’m not disillusioned enough to think whomever we hire will want to be here for sentimental reasons, but we definitely want someone who’s confident enough to stop being dad’s intern and stand on their own feet. The whole “I’d be happy to stay here with a lesser role if you pay me more” is not the type candidate we should be looking for. My opinion, which nobody asked for. :)

If his only reason to take the job is the money then UT should pull the offer.
Make no mistake, money is the only thing we have thats attractive to these coaches right now. Who can blame them? With our track record the past 15 years, our program can have a very negative professional impact to their career. However, if they help get our program headed the right way within 2 to 3 years, their career will take off with endless benefits professionally.

Reactions: Scottt5

VN Store

Back