Al Washington (Potential DC)

If they lock up Washington, I think Henry T and Crouch seriously consider staying.

tenor.gif

The only people making definitive claims are message board "insiders." No national media reporters have mentioned anything.

If TN has indeed made him an offer in the 1-1.5 million range and given him Assistant HC title, I would imagine that would be tough to turn down unless OSU bumps his pay and title considerably. OSU already has Co-DCs in Coombs and Mattisone. Having 3 Co-DCs seems too repetitive and would they really pay 3 guys over 1 million a piece to do the same job? My guy says no, but they certainly have the money to do it.
What your saying makes a lot of sense, and I hope your correct my friend.

I didn't realize that.
Pretty recently. They promoted a quality control guy to fill the staff vacancy (he’s ST coordinator solely) so they did save some money on their staff budget. I imagine there’s a number they don’t want to go over for Washington, but that’s just my guess. They print money though, so who knows.

Reactions: Carp
The only people making definitive claims are message board "insiders." No national media reporters have mentioned anything.

If TN has indeed made him an offer in the 1-1.5 million range and given him Assistant HC title, I would imagine that would be tough to turn down unless OSU bumps his pay and title considerably. OSU already has Co-DCs in Coombs and Mattisone. Having 3 Co-DCs seems too repetitive and would they really pay 3 guys over 1 million a piece to do the same job? My guy says no, but they certainly have the money to do it.
My biggest concern is the buyout if he turns out to be a bad hire...

Reactions: Carp
I didn't realize that.
Mattison retired and was making $1.1M and hasn't been replaced. That means there's a bunch of cash for OSU to play with, if they wish.

You've got to think if OSU can offer 1.1M and co-DC to our 1.5M and full DC that it's tough to get him. They were in the freaking championship final last year vs new AD, new HC and staff, pending sanctions.

Mattison retired, replaced by a staffer, so they have the funds and title to give if they are inclined to do so.

He is probably ignoring the fact that the last AA coordinator we had was Larry Scott and we went 4-8 that year. And we just offered to double Washington’s salary to take the position. But that probably does not fit his agenda.
Ansley was the last AA coordinator.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back