Al Washington (Potential DC)

Is what it is when you’re fixing something...next!

What hurts so much with this one is he isn't even a DC. He's a position coach that we're offering both a raise and a promotion and he still turned it down like we're a freaking FCS school. Jesus! We really are at rock bottom!

When it comes to coordinators it’s a crap shoot. We’ve had Bob Shoop who has had success everywhere but here. Hell our last head coach was a Premier DC and we still saw some regression last year. Danny White has showed an ability to get guys as they hit their strides. If Kerry Combs grabs a head coaching gig and this guy was just promoted to DC there, would there be as much questioning the possibility of him coming here. I doubt it. I think we cleaned house to show the NCAA that anyone who was doing anything illegal is gone so we don’t get as crushed by sanctions. I’m interested to see who all is on board and just hope they bring enough energy to recruit well and really get our current players to engage & buy in. GBO!!

What hurts so much with this one is he isn't even a DC. He's a position coach that we're offering both a raise and a promotion and he still turned it down like we're a freaking FCS school. Jesus! We really are at rock bottom!
He’s a mega-weight recruiter that we were willing to take a chance on as a playcaller. Maybe he saved us some wasted money...no way to know. tOSU had to pony up to retain him. Doubt a FCS school could have forced that effort.

Not reading anywhere but here that we lost out on Washington. Lates from OSU is that the AD and HC Coach have spoken with Washington and made an offer for him to stay. Still no word on his decision. It gets so frustrating to see those on here stating outcomes before the are definite. At times (Most) we are our own worst enemy.

Reactions: Alto1
Recruiting is hard now. For players and for coaches. Need to find someone that wants to be here. Then have some success and improve odds for next time.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
He’s a mega-weight recruiter that we were willing to take a chance on as a playcaller. Maybe he saved us some wasted money...no way to know. tOSU had to pony up to retain him. Doubt a FCS school could have forced that effort.

I'm sorry but if you coach at places like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc I refuse to buy into the "Ace recruiter" bull$hit. Show me you can do it at a school that's not a perennial playoff team and I'll believe it.

This is why Danny White does not want leaks. We want to know that we are going after the best however we do not want the whole country to know that we got turned down by each coach that we have asked so far.
Amen...it's embarrassing and the other top and not-so-top schools get a kick out of it...I was hoping we didn't have to go down this road again...VFL 🧡

This is why Danny White does not want leaks. We want to know that we are going after the best however we do not want the whole country to know that we got turned down by each coach that we have asked so far.
That is an impossible task at a place like this. He may have been able to control the media at CFU but he's nuts if he thinks he can do that in this market.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back