'19 AL QB Cornelious Brown

From AL.com:

Birmingham's quarterback talent doesn't stop with Nix, Tagovailoa and Tyson. Calera 6-foot-5 senior Cornelious Brown is rated three stars and counts Alabama, Vanderbilt and Rutgers among his offers. Because Alabama has Tagovailoa and Tyson locked up, Brown said that the Crimson Tide coaching staff offered him a "gray-shirt type of deal," meaning he could postpone joining the team until after the 2019 season and receiver a scholarship later.

"I know the time's coming pretty soon; I've kind of narrowed it down," Brown said of his commitment. "I like Alabama. Tennessee is knocking on the door. If I preform the way I should the first few games, then I should be hearing from them."

Brown had a 59.4 percent completion rate with 2,334 yards and 25 touchdowns as Calera went 7-5 in Class 5A (the Eagles move up to 6A this season). He is coached by former Alabama quarterback Andrew Zow.

"I've watched a lot of film this summer so that I won't make the same mistakes that I did last year," Brown said. "Last year was pretty much my first year in the system; I only played three games my sophomore year. I was making freshman mistakes and sophomore mistakes as a junior; not doing simple things. Coach Zow really brings out the best in me because his standard for me is so high; that only makes me better."
If we were to offer another qb i could see us giving him a grey shirt. But thats the only way i see us taking another qb. I could be totally wrong but thats what i feel like. I believe he would take it over Alabama because of the profile of qb going there ahead of him.

Reactions: Batman1948
This is the guy I wanted us to get instead of Maurer... No biggie, I just remember watching some clips and discussing it here.

This is the guy I wanted us to get instead of Maurer... No biggie, I just remember watching some clips and discussing it here.

I would take Mauer all day over Brown. I've seen him play a few times and he's just not a Power Conference QB. But will say it's impossible to judge any QB and what type success they will have in college. QB is by far the hardest position to evaluate and judge. He's supposed to be a great kid and from a good area. Hope he does well at Ga State.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back