'19 AL QB Cornelious Brown

We want Tualia to stay put and CB to come to Rocky Top. From everything I’m hearing locally including guys that work in our facility that are close with TT he is staying put and doing what he’s told by the empire. Classic NS move. Keep your kid showing interest so you pass on someone really good and they end up elsewhere and then TT stays put.

Coach, any recruiting update on CornBrown?

Reactions: 1 person
I would prefer CB and not waste time on a solid AL commit

Considering we are tight on spots I'd stick with just Maurer based on his current progress and use that spot on another position instead of 2 QBs. Can always do a grad transfer if something happened to current set of QBs

Reactions: 2 people
Looking to possibly reclassify for the 2020 class.

But Brown, a strong-armed 6-foot-5 senior, may have found an elegant solution: Enroll in prep school for a year and re-classify to the Class of 2020.

"It'd be a fresh start for me since my 11th grade season was my truly first (high school) season," he said. "There are so many quarterback slots available in 2020, not just in the SEC, but the Power 5 in general."

And what would be the benefits of postponing his college enrollment for a year?

Alabama QB target Cornelious Brown may re-classify to 2020 | AL.com

Reactions: 3 people
Reminds me a little bit of Jordan Ta'amu. Perhaps he could end up with a similar story?

Ta'amu had no D1 offers coming out of high school and only two partial scholarship offers from D2 schools. His only full ride scholarship offer was from a JUCO. He accepted it, had a good year, and was eventually offered by Ole Miss. Now he's one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC.

Reminds me a little bit of Jordan Ta'amu. Perhaps he could end up with a similar story?

Ta'amu had no D1 offers coming out of high school and only two partial scholarship offers from D2 schools. His only full ride scholarship offer was from a JUCO. He accepted it, had a good year, and was eventually offered by Ole Miss. Now he's one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC.

The Aaron Rodgers story pre-dated that one.

Do u guys know Lyle Jones is a glorified trumpet player and actor. He played a terrible football coach the last 5 years on a soap opera sponsored by Pilot Oil.

Reactions: 9 people
Do u guys know Lyle Jones is a glorified trumpet player and actor. He played a terrible football coach the last 5 years on a soap opera sponsored by Pilot Oil.

Is he the guy who used to work at the little hardware store on Kingston Pike?

Josh Allen from Wyoming is another example.

Did you guys know Kurt Warner used to work at a grocery store?

No and....
200.gif

Just messin HITR.

I really don't care though. :)

I think reclassifying would be a smart move for Brown, even if the 2020 class is stronger at QB than this one. I think it will get him more offers. Maybe the Vols could still land him that way.

But Brown, a strong-armed 6-foot-5 senior, may have found an elegant solution: Enroll in prep school for a year and re-classify to the Class of 2020.

"It'd be a fresh start for me since my 11th grade season was my truly first (high school) season," he said. "There are so many quarterback slots available in 2020, not just in the SEC, but the Power 5 in general."

Space and time away from the Tua situation.

Would allow him to go to Bama without having to wait on Tua’s decision. JMHO. :unsure:

Considering we are tight on spots I'd stick with just Maurer based on his current progress and use that spot on another position instead of 2 QBs. Can always do a grad transfer if something happened to current set of QBs

That's not necessarily the best situation. Especially if Chryst wins the job. It could turn ugly. I think McBride is gonna be gone after this year anyways. Then, possibly J.G. That would leave us with just J.T. Shrout and Brian M. IF that stays solid. We definitely need another QB in this class, unless JG wins the job.

From AL.com:

Birmingham's quarterback talent doesn't stop with Nix, Tagovailoa and Tyson. Calera 6-foot-5 senior Cornelious Brown is rated three stars and counts Alabama, Vanderbilt and Rutgers among his offers. Because Alabama has Tagovailoa and Tyson locked up, Brown said that the Crimson Tide coaching staff offered him a "gray-shirt type of deal," meaning he could postpone joining the team until after the 2019 season and receiver a scholarship later.

"I know the time's coming pretty soon; I've kind of narrowed it down," Brown said of his commitment. "I like Alabama. Tennessee is knocking on the door. If I preform the way I should the first few games, then I should be hearing from them."

Brown had a 59.4 percent completion rate with 2,334 yards and 25 touchdowns as Calera went 7-5 in Class 5A (the Eagles move up to 6A this season). He is coached by former Alabama quarterback Andrew Zow.

"I've watched a lot of film this summer so that I won't make the same mistakes that I did last year," Brown said. "Last year was pretty much my first year in the system; I only played three games my sophomore year. I was making freshman mistakes and sophomore mistakes as a junior; not doing simple things. Coach Zow really brings out the best in me because his standard for me is so high; that only makes me better."

VN Store

Back