'20 AL OL James Robinson (UT SIGNEE)

Well add this kid tomorrow. Seems like Spraggins is solid but if not we’ve had a 4⭐️ OL that’s committed to SCjr (Tyshawn Wannamaker) on campus a few times and will likely look to flip him if Spraggins leaves. He’s 6’3 334 himself.

As far as tackles go looks like Dumervil goes to LSU. I know he visited Florida but seems like it’s all just smoke. We’d have to REALLY work there. Henderson might be back toward the top of our board for that OT spot

As for Morris, good grief. You people already acting like he’s a silent to A&M. 🙄 we have 4 months until this kid actually signs. Momentum in recruiting isn’t real.. either a kid knows where he wants to go or he doesn’t. We have plenty of time here and it’s a lot closer than some of you make it to be.

We have 4-6 months until anybody signs. We have plenty of time for any recruit, a lot of our recruiting battles are close and there is the possibility we can flip anybody. And momentum is very real. Kids change their mind all the time because a lot them really do like more than one school and something pushes them toward one. Then later, something else pushes them toward another. People say recruiting is fluid because things trend one way, then another.

Having the right momentum at the right time can make all the difference. We're going to need to create it this fall. Landing some of these guys depends on it.

We are not allowed to watch camps at UGA anymore, but I have some guys that attend a lot of camps that are high school coaches, i trust for some in person evals. Both are OL guys and neither know each other.

Funny thing is the day that UGA worked out Robinson, both text me how good he was and looked working out for Pittman.

"Heavy hands and can bend for a big man" just about summed it up. I respect both of these guys and they loved him. I called Barton that night and told him to make sure we get a good look at that guy and he is ranked properly.

UT gets him, he will be good in Knox.
rusty mansell

Those people are just uninformed and/or looking for reasons to complain. The fact is that 247 only has 17 OG's rated 4 stars and Rivals has 14. And not a single 5 star OG on either site. In comparison there's 2-3x more OT's rated as 4 stars and with skill positions like WR there's way more than that.

Not hard to believe that there's a position bias in a system that refers to only some positions as "skill positions".

VN Store

Back