'20 AL OL James Robinson (UT SIGNEE)

He's still got a couple years left right?
3. But I would’ve hoped he’d be solidly in the two deep by now. Seems to be slipping with Akpo and Lampley coming off their redshirts. When an interior lineman was needed after Carvin pulled up lame, and RILEY LOCKLEAR is the name called? Need to memorize the link for the portal.

3. But I would’ve hoped he’d be solidly in the two deep by now. Seems to be slipping with Akpo and Lampley coming off their redshirts. When an interior lineman was needed after Carvin pulled up lame, and RILEY LOCKLEAR is the name called? Need to memorize the link for the portal.

The coaches really trust Locklear to do what he is supposed to do. I totally agree he is not the most athletically gifted (probably least) and really needs to get stronger, but he had a good game late in the bowl. I watched Gray's run and he was helping clear the way.

Overall though, your right. We need better maulers inside like Carvin and Akpo hopefully. Lamp and Coop need to beef up and get stronger.

Reactions: Sleegro
The coaches really trust Locklear to do what he is supposed to do. I totally agree he is not the most athletically gifted (probably least) and really needs to get stronger, but he had a good game late in the bowl. I watched Gray's run and he was helping clear the way.

Overall though, your right. We need better maulers inside like Carvin and Akpo hopefully. Lamp and Coop need to beef up and get stronger.
Cooper is very strong right now but he is going to be a true freshman. I hope we can redshirt alot of these freshmen lineman. It will really help us down the road.

Dude looks nasty, but I really question the talent he was going up against in the auburn videos.
Eh, who cares? He’s big, he’s strong, he’s a guard. He shouldn’t be playing until year 2 or 3 anyway. Plenty of time to develop

How would you like to be a 175lb db and have that come around the corner as a pulling guard?

PointlessDetailedBunny-size_restricted.gif

Reeling in a trio of four-star prospects this week propelled the Vols to No. 3 in the country. “It feels good,” 2020 offensive line signee James Robinson told Volquest. “Coach Pruitt is always saying we are building something special here at Tennessee. That’s what we did with our class and that’s what we are continuing to do.” The 6-foot-4, 330-pound mauler echoes many of the remarks Tennessee fans have heard over the past week from Dylan Brooks, Kamar Wilcoxson and Julian Nixon. “The environment and culture of Tennessee put me in a positive mind set. Everyone there believes in one another and coach Pruitt,” Robinson said. “I do too and that’s why I chose Tennessee over the others in my top-five.”
The chance to compete in a Jim Chaney offense, coached by Will Friend, and to learn from upperclassmen such as Trey Smith and Brandon Kennedy made the decision easy to come to Knoxville. “I can’t wait to play under those guys. I’m excited because they will push me to the limit to be the best here at Tennessee.” “Brandon grew up in Alabama, too. Trey is someone I look up to on the field. I’m ready to learn from all of them and improve my game every day I’m on campus.” Despite not visiting campus since his official visit on June 14 last summer, Pruitt’s coaching, support staff and Rocky Top just felt right. “Everybody is loving and caring up in Knoxville,” Robinson reflected. “You can just feel the loving and winning atmosphere. I can’t wait to be a part of it.”
-VQ

Hes got the same type of build that Trey had. Doesnt look like there is much fat on him. Obviously not the same size overall but looks pretty cut up for an OLine. Jmo before the local car lifters show up.
Bro how can you say that when their trapezius is night and day... smh. amateur

VN Store

Back