'19 AL DT LeDarrius Cox (Ole Miss signee)

Possible, but he's not even visited us, he doesn't seem to have any interaction whatsoever with other recruits in this class, there have been no reports of the staff communicating with him, etc. Adding to it, VQ guys have been saying for months he's a commitment by title only - won't be in the class.

Like others have said, it's just been a weird recruitment and idk if anyone has a real read on it.
All that's possible but its still all guesses and assumptions. I was just giving a possibility that is the simplest explanation for it but nobody seems to think a simple explanation is plausible. He recently stated that he is going to sign with us in February. He didn't visit anyone in fall so not visiting us is relative.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
All that's possible but its still all guesses and assumptions. I was just giving a possibility that is the simplest explanation for it but nobody seems to think a simple explanation is plausible. He recently stated that he is going to sign with us in February. He didn't visit anyone in fall so not visiting us is relative.
Absolutely, it is plausible he hasn't had time, or the money; I never said that it wasn't. That very well could be what's going on.

But, it is very uncommon for a recruit to have no visits, of any kind, UnOV, OV, in-home...that's a bit weird to me, after following recruiting for so long. Ok, he's all Vol...no visit to campus since summer, no in-homes reported, no interaction with any other commit in his class, or with the coaching staff, that we know of (and yes, this all may have taken place behind the scenes, it happens). Just seems a bit strange to me, that is all.

Absolutely, it is plausible he hasn't had time, or the money; I never said that it wasn't. That very well could be what's going on.

But, it is very uncommon for a recruit to have no visits, of any kind, UnOV, OV, in-home...that's a bit weird to me, after following recruiting for so long. Ok, he's all Vol...no visit to campus since summer, no in-homes reported, no interaction with any other commit in his class, or with the coaching staff, that we know of (and yes, this all may have taken place behind the scenes, it happens). Just seems a bit strange to me, that is all.

I can’t remeb but some of the requirements you rattled off are part of being a “blueshirt”. No coaches visit, no OV. I don’t know.

So its official he is going JUCO?
I’m reading tea leaves. We’ve been reaching out to some big uglies, and Auburn has seemed to have backed off of him. And if he needs a 4.0 semester to finish out high school or something like that, I can see how we need to get him to a JUCO that will feed him back to us (e.g. EMCC, Hutch).

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I’m reading tea leaves. We’ve been reaching out to some big uglies, and Auburn has seemed to have backed off of him. And if he needs a 4.0 semester to finish out high school or something like that, I can see how we need to get him to a JUCO that will feed him back to us (e.g. EMCC, Hutch).

Gotcha. I wonder if something comes out in the next few weeks about him going JUCO? Seems like we would need some time to recruit and fill his spot.

Gotcha. I wonder if something comes out in the next few weeks about him going JUCO? Seems like we would need some time to recruit and fill his spot.
They have turned the heat up in Kristan Williams. And probably some others that we don’t know about. I don’t see them replacing a FR with a grad transfer. They have to be looking for another high school kid who’s a wide-body and ready to play pretty soon in his career.

Emerson’s the only DE that I really think is a youngster and has the stuff to get a lot of SEC-type snaps RIGHT NOW. I dread having to be Coach Rocker and having the prospects of his two-deep right now. Gotta get some of that quality beef.

Hope Charles Moore takes this spot.
Agreed. I also like the reports of him sliding inside to the 3 technique and using his quickness (that apparently is returning).

He’s not a Nose, so would he play the DT or DE spot in our 3-4?

DE. And it stings because he’s the size we want from the middle of Alabubba where we need to rebuild some of those 1990s inroads.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
Cox is slow to get out of his stance into the upright position. Luckily there are blue pills for that

Reactions: T Dog
1st rep: Blew past the OL

2nd rep: Blew past the OL but couldn’t keep his feet, still would’ve been a disruptive play

3rd rep: bull rushed the OL deep into the backfield

4th rep: stonewalled

That’s 3/4 wins

There's a reason why he's not at the AA game. He couldn't do that with Wright or Morris. This kid isn't elite.

VN Store

Back