'19 AL DT LeDarrius Cox (Ole Miss signee)

Would be ridiculous if we let this kid walk

No kidding, man. People not wanting this monster 6'4 310 lb anchor are seriously out of touch with the game of football.
We need this guy competing with Simmons to be our future NT.

Garland and Mincey are both getting closer to 280 lbs, And they'll still not be asked to start at DT/DE till next year, maybe. Need some size and the time to develop it right! This guy is going to be a beast for someone, and it might as well be us

No kidding, man. People not wanting this monster 6'4 310 lb anchor are seriously out of touch with the game of football.
We need this guy competing with Simmons to be our future NT.

Garland and Mincey are both getting closer to 280 lbs, And they'll still not be asked to start at DT/DE till next year, maybe. Need some size and the time to develop it right! This guy is going to be a beast for someone, and it might as well be us
Mincey played DE this season, i don’t see him leaving that position

Reactions: SugarCC
Interesting, he's listed at 6 foot and not 6'4" on that program...
He’s definitely 6’4/6’5...and what I found interesting is that a 247 scout at the Al/Ms game said he has the perfect OT body. Which means if he doesn’t work out you flip him to the other side and potentially have something there. No way I’m cutting ties with this kid unless I snag one of those 4 star MS d tackles

This has been a strange recruitment. It has to be grades, or...something? Going into the summer, he held offers from UT, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Perdue, UGA, and TA&M; and picked up offers from Oregon and Auburn at the start of summer; yet, he has taken NO VISITS since the summer, last one being to Auburn in July, according to 247. You would have to think that his play this year isn't the reason for the falloff; he made All State in 7A Alabama HS.

What's going on with this kid? Did he decide not to take visits throughout the fall, the season? Possible. It just seems everything came to a halt with his recruitment around the summer, and the only thing that has happened since then is, he went out and made All State. No recruitment buzz at all, other than maybe OVing to UT and Ole Miss in Jan.

Been a weird recruitment, imo.

This has been a strange recruitment. It has to be grades, or...something? Going into the summer, he held offers from UT, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Perdue, UGA, and TA&M; and picked up offers from Oregon and Auburn at the start of summer; yet, he has taken NO VISITS since the summer, last one being to Auburn in July, according to 247. You would have to think that his play this year isn't the reason for the falloff; he made All State in 7A Alabama HS.

What's going on with this kid? Did he decide not to take visits throughout the fall, the season? Possible. It just seems everything came to a halt with his recruitment around the summer, and the only thing that has happened since then is, he went out and made All State. No recruitment buzz at all, other than maybe OVing to UT and Ole Miss in Jan.

Probably because he didn’t attend the underwear olympics(the open camps) it caused his stock to slip.

Maybe he's just all Vol and basically shut down recruitment and focused on the season and graduating so it's been quiet. Why do we assume there's something going on when the simplest explanation is that.

Some peep are saying Pru is letting him slip, but I incline to doubt that kind of talk. Maybe Cox is shutting down recruiters telling them he is "all Vol." Our coaches are not even supposed to publicly mention a recruit's name until he is signed, iirc.

Reactions: LittleVol
Maybe he's just all Vol and basically shut down recruitment and focused on the season and graduating so it's been quiet. Why do we assume there's something going on when the simplest explanation is that.
Maybe. The assumption comes from, not being able to recall another single kid that didn't take at least one visit during the fall. Even if he's all Vol, he hasn't stepped foot on campus, that we know of, since he camped back in June.

He’s definitely 6’4/6’5...and what I found interesting is that a 247 scout at the Al/Ms game said he has the perfect OT body. Which means if he doesn’t work out you flip him to the other side and potentially have something there. No way I’m cutting ties with this kid unless I snag one of those 4 star MS d tackles
Yeah Bryan Young is future monster as well.

He's 6'4 and will be 300 lbs of muscle. I would be fine with that trade off.
Even we don't get either, I think our coaches have a done a pretty decent job of filling needs in a short time.

Right now, The Crimson Tide, have a process where not only do they have big bodies on DL, but they're playmaking DLs.
Phillips emerged and Johnson, but those were 4 year guys last year. It takes that long for big men to be able to disrupt like that. To be able to strain consistently and have the strength and quickness with their size. That's why red-shirting naturally big dudes is so important if you can afford to do it.

Reactions: tn4elvis

Even we don't get either, I think our coaches have a done a pretty decent job of filling needs in a short time.

Right now, The Crimson Tide, have a process where not only do they have big bodies on DL, but they're playmaking DLs.
Phillips emerged and Johnson, but those were 4 year guys last year. It takes that long for big men to be able to disrupt like that. To be able to strain consistently and have the strength and quickness with their size. That's why red-shirting naturally big dudes is so important if you can afford to do it.
yep, we haven’t had a lineman like Solomon since Dan Williams(a Fulmer recruit). If you want to know why we are stuck in the cellar, look at our Fulmer d-linemen and look at what we’ve had since he was fired. Tells you all you need to know

Maybe. The assumption comes from, not being able to recall another single kid that didn't take at least one visit during the fall. Even if he's all Vol, he hasn't stepped foot on campus, that we know of, since he camped back in June.
He didn't visit anyone else in the fall either though right? Maybe he didn't have time or money to travel. Maybe yer right but I don't see anything weird about it.

Never been a better quote about development and how long it takes.Those expecting these high school kids to come in and make an instant impact do not realize how much development it takes. This really holds true on both sides of the ball.When we were a dominant program we would sign these DL and Ol linemen then they would disappear for a year or two.

Reactions: LittleVol
Never been a better quote about development and how long it takes.Those expecting these high school kids to come in and make an instant impact do not realize how much development it takes. This really holds true on both sides of the ball.When we were a dominant program we would sign these DL and Ol linemen then they would disappear for a year or two.

Yep!
And..it's so much better if a talented guy can come in...with no pressure and just build himself. Learn to lift right. Learn to eat right.
Learn the proper techniques from talented upperclassman. Success breeds success!

If you're part of a Clemson, Bama, or 1990's Tennessee you got to build yourself, learn and understand the expectations of a Championship culture. So the pressure then comes from yourself and not all these outsiders looking at your recruit ranking.

Reactions: tn4elvis

Possible, but he's not even visited us, he doesn't seem to have any interaction whatsoever with other recruits in this class, there have been no reports of the staff communicating with him, etc. Adding to it, VQ guys have been saying for months he's a commitment by title only - won't be in the class.

Like others have said, it's just been a weird recruitment and idk if anyone has a real read on it.

VN Store

Back