'20 AL ATH De'Rickey Wright (Ole Miss commit)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
8874959.png

• POS ATH
  • HEIGHT 6-3
  • WEIGHT 220
  • HIGH SCHOOL Etowah
  • HOME TOWN Attalla, AL
  • CLASS 2020
De'Rickey Wright, Etowah, Athlete

De'Rickey Wright, 2020 Athlete - Rivals

Red-hot north Alabama recruit visiting UT this weekend for the first time, De'Rickey Wright will be on campus. 20 total TDs as a junior playing QB, WR, OLB, DB, everything. 6-3, 220 with offers from LSU and Notre Dame today, Alabama last weekend and a bevy of P5s otherwise. No Vol offer just yet...

- John Garcia Jr, 247

Baller on both offense and defense. Sign him up, we can worry about position later.

From Rivals:

De'Rickey Wright, three-star outside linebacker, recently transferred from Etowah High School (Attalla) to Gadsden City High School (Gadsden). Alabama fans are familiar with Gadsden City since it has produced a pair of Crimson Tide stars in cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick and linebacker Jerrell Harris.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound athlete worked out at Alabama's camp on Saturday. He put in a strong effort on both sides of the ball.

"The camp was great," Wright said. "They had me at safety, receiver and tight end. I think I did pretty good at all of them, but I got way more reps at safety. So, it was hard to tell.

"I like that I was able to get taught some things and drills by some amazing coaches and players. I was also able to go against some good talent."

Wright made note of enjoying the time spent on the field with new safeties coach, John Kelly. He also enjoyed spending a little bit of time with Coach Saban. He said the best part of the visit was going to work.

"Just going out there and competing," he said when asked about the best part of the trip. "Just being able to be coached by a great staff. It's always great to be back there."

The Tennessee Volunteers are making a run for the talented athlete. He camped in Knoxville on Friday. Wright has mutual interest.

"Tennessee was amazing," he said. "I really liked everything about it. I haven't thought about de-committing (from Alabama), but I am considering Tennessee.

"'I am a personality and vibe guy. When I was up there they had amazing vibes all day. The coaching staff is also amazing."

Honestly I think we have everything in place right now to land top 10 classes consistently. We just need to win and show progress on the field.
We will, dont worry your little heart.

Alabama was looking at him as a WR/TE/S. So why would a DE commiting mean he got a git?

VN Store

Back