AITA (Am I the A-h*le)

I will start, I was filling up at the gas station this afternoon, and had some lady approach me and say I was inconsiderate.

I got done filling up, left my car at the pump after I paid and closed up, and then walked into the station to go to the bathroom. On the way out a lady got onto me for leaving my car there and taking up a pump while I was away. There were plenty of open spots even when I got back. I typically leave my car if there are open spots, but I will move it up to store if there arent spots.

So, am I the a-h*le in this situation for leaving my car at a pump?
NTA

I went to a college football tailgate with a bunch of people I don't know IRL but we all post on the same sports message board. I drank a bunch and had to pee real bad but there wasn't a portable potty, or even a bush, anywhere nearby so a grabbed a half-full jug of tea and "topped it off" between some parked cars. I put the tea jug back where I found it and skedaddled. Am I the a-hole?
YTA

love this thread

so I had 2 extra tickets to the home games in 2021 and my wife had put them for sale on the electronic bulletin board at work. So a guy calls me and says he wants the 2 tickets for the Ole Miss Mustard Bowl. I say OK but he can't get them till later in the week and I was going to have to drive several miles to meet up with him.
He keeps talking and lets me know he is getting them for his pastor in Mississippi. I then find out that his pastor is an Ole Miss fan.

So I get another call a day later from someone very close by who wants all the remaining games that year and he can meet me now for the exchange. He is also a Knoxville grown Fulton High guy. I didn't hesitate to say sold.

I let the first guy know that he had lost out and man was he pizzed. Didn't have very many good things to say about me or my character.

But on the other hand, I would have really hated to sit with an OM fan that night.

AITA?

love this thread

so I had 2 extra tickets to the home games in 2021 and my wife had put them for sale on the electronic bulletin board at work. So a guy calls me and says he wants the 2 tickets for the Ole Miss Mustard Bowl. I say OK but he can't get them till later in the week and I was going to have to drive several miles to meet up with him.
He keeps talking and lets me know he is getting them for his pastor in Mississippi. I then find out that his pastor is an Ole Miss fan.

So I get another call a day later from someone very close by who wants all the remaining games that year and he can meet me now for the exchange. He is also a Knoxville grown Fulton High guy. I didn't hesitate to say sold.

I let the first guy know that he had lost out and man was he pizzed. Didn't have very many good things to say about me or my character.

But on the other hand, I would have really hated to sit with an OM fan that night.

AITA?
Nope!

love this thread

AITA?
NTA. You were the A until you said he was the Ole Miss fan.

One day my wife was lamenting over the fact that before having kids, she used to could hike up Mt. Le Conte while carrying nearly 30 pounds on her back. To which I replied "You could do that now if you wanted. The only difference is you'd be carrying the 30 pounds on your front". Am I the a-hole?
You’re the guy with the lumped up head and face

love this thread

AITA?
Nope…. Screw the Ole Miss fan. We must take care of our own

I went to a college football tailgate with a bunch of people I don't know IRL but we all post on the same sports message board. I drank a bunch and had to pee real bad but there wasn't a portable potty, or even a bush, anywhere nearby so a grabbed a half-full jug of tea and "topped it off" between some parked cars. I put the tea jug back where I found it and skedaddled. Am I the a-hole?
No. I park at the pump with my work truck and go in and buy my drink every morning without getting gas.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Lol! Gotta remember that one. Had a buddy that used to say “she had more Chins than a Chinese phone book!”

Ha!

My wife once tried to make fun of the size of my "manhood". I told her that even a Redwood looks small when it's in the Grand Canyon". That shut her up real quick!

Reactions: Vol737
love this thread

AITA?

Maybe technically but you'd never be found guilty by a Tennessee Jury

Reactions: LouderVol
One day my wife was lamenting over the fact that before having kids, she used to could hike up Mt. Le Conte while carrying nearly 30 pounds on her back. To which I replied "You could do that now if you wanted. The only difference is you'd be carrying the 30 pounds on your front". Am I the a-hole?
And how long have you been married?

Reactions: VolNExile
Ah. Well then in that case you are NTA.
It's just how we are. We constantly bust on each other and try to embarrass each other. 2 years ago, she had a hysterectomy. Before surgery I asked the doctor, "Can you be sure and put an extra stitch or two down there? I'd really appreciate it!" Without blinking, my wife said "like you'd be in any danger of ripping them". lol

I will start, I was filling up at the gas station this afternoon, and had some lady approach me and say I was inconsiderate.

I got done filling up, left my car at the pump after I paid and closed up, and then walked into the station to go to the bathroom. On the way out a lady got onto me for leaving my car there and taking up a pump while I was away. There were plenty of open spots even when I got back. I typically leave my car if there are open spots, but I will move it up to store if there arent spots.

So, am I the a-h*le in this situation for leaving my car at a pump?

I don’t think so. You know, I use to not say anything in those situations just smile and walk away.
But not anymore, with all the crap and political correctness now it seems people feel they have a right to lecture or scorn others.

Just last week I took my 16 year old granddaughter shopping, (who looks 21…don’t they all?) and while I was away from her in the Men’s dept an older woman told her, “young lady your shorts are way too short and girls like you wonder why they get raped.”
I found her and I do not even want to tell you how I went off on her. In the past I would have let it go and teach my granddaughter just how some people are. I can’t do it anymore, I’ve had enough of the do righteous people. And I think my granddaughter needs to know how to deal with these types and stand up for herself. Now she knows even better that papa has her back.
Opinions appreciated.

love this thread

AITA?

I would have told him that he needs to ask his Pastor to pray for him.

Ha!

My wife once tried to make fun of the size of my "manhood". I told her that even a Redwood looks small when it's in the Grand Canyon". That shut her up real quick!

Just tell her it served you very well before she came along.

VN Store

Back