AITA (Am I the A-h*le)

LouderVol

Extra and Terrestrial
Stealing this thread idea from Reddit. Use this thread for questions you have if you are afraid you are the problem in a situation, or if people have said you are problem and you think they are wrong.

If you are unfamiliar with the idea behind the thread, you provide a brief description of the situation, what you did/think, and then ask what everyone else thinks.

I will start, I was filling up at the gas station this afternoon, and had some lady approach me and say I was inconsiderate.

I got done filling up, left my car at the pump after I paid and closed up, and then walked into the station to go to the bathroom. On the way out a lady got onto me for leaving my car there and taking up a pump while I was away. There were plenty of open spots even when I got back. I typically leave my car if there are open spots, but I will move it up to store if there arent spots.

So, am I the a-h*le in this situation for leaving my car at a pump?

I went to a college football tailgate with a bunch of people I don't know IRL but we all post on the same sports message board. I drank a bunch and had to pee real bad but there wasn't a portable potty, or even a bush, anywhere nearby so a grabbed a half-full jug of tea and "topped it off" between some parked cars. I put the tea jug back where I found it and skedaddled. Am I the a-hole?

I will start, I was filling up at the gas station this afternoon, and had some lady approach me and say I was inconsiderate.

I got done filling up, left my car at the pump after I paid and closed up, and then walked into the station to go to the bathroom. On the way out a lady got onto me for leaving my car there and taking up a pump while I was away. There were plenty of open spots even when I got back. I typically leave my car if there are open spots, but I will move it up to store if there arent spots.

yes.

NTA. She was just being a Karen. Don't see an issue if there's open pumps.

NTA
She might have a point if people were waiting on a pump. But not if there were pumps open and no one had to wait. Lady needs to mind her own buisness.

I went to a college football tailgate with a bunch of people I don't know IRL but we all post on the same sports message board. I drank a bunch and had to pee real bad but there wasn't a portable potty, or even a bush, anywhere nearby so a grabbed a half-full jug of tea and "topped it off" between some parked cars. I put the tea jug back where I found it and skedaddled. Am I the a-hole?
Scum of the earth if you aren't joking.

One day my wife was lamenting over the fact that before having kids, she used to could hike up Mt. Le Conte while carrying nearly 30 pounds on her back. To which I replied "You could do that now if you wanted. The only difference is you'd be carrying the 30 pounds on your front". Am I the a-hole?

One day my wife was lamenting over the fact that before having kids, she used to could hike up Mt. Le Conte while carrying nearly 30 pounds on her back. To which I replied "You could do that now if you wanted. The only difference is you'd be carrying the 30 pounds on your front". Am I the a-hole?
the truth shall set you free

I was halfway done with a 14 hour drive and stopped at a busy gas station. I REALLY had to take a dump and get gas so I pulled up to a pump and went inside to use the restroom. I then got a drink for the road at the register and went out to the pump to get my gas and proceeded to get yelled at by an old man for not having pumped my gas. Am I the ahole?

I'll note that he was a nice old guy and apologized a few minutes later, I did as well for taking so long. Should I have skipped out on parking at the pump? It was busy when I got there but there wasn't a line for gas.

YouNAAH (Not An AH)
She: is

I was halfway done with a 14 hour drive and stopped at a busy gas station. I REALLY had to take a dump and get gas so I pulled up to a pump and went inside to use the restroom. I then got a drink for the road at the register and went out to the pump to get my gas and proceeded to get yelled at by an old man for not having pumped my gas. Am I the ahole?

I'll note that he was a nice old guy and apologized a few minutes later, I did as well for taking so long. Should I have skipped out on parking at the pump? It was busy when I got there but there wasn't a line for gas.
Probably should have not parked at the pump

I do not know.
I am laughing too hard to even think🤣

Oh yeah, you are

Reactions: joevol33
Need more info. Which sports message board?

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Probably, but my wife would rather for me to be honest with her than to patronize her and make her think everything is ok.

Only if you were at the diesel pump. Drives me crazy when all the other pumps are open and a gas car is at the only diesel pump.

NO!

NO!

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back