Ainge......is not a winner!! Period

I'll agree to that as well as the UF game. But for the most part Ainge is usually has us in position to win as long as our D bothers to play.

BTW, those who say he always folds when down, he looked pretty good against UGA in the second half comeback last year. Can't we just go back to bashing coaches?

You almost had me bashing coaches........but then I realize Ainge hasn't been a winner in 4 years when his backs against the wall............if you want to say the UGA comeback last year you can have it, that's 1 out of how many games??

not one of Ainge's better games for sure.

Ainge said on the radio their goal on offense is to score 30+ I assume the goal on defense is to hold them to less then 30 pts. So both units were disappointing, I think UT had like 80 yds in the 2nd half.

If the defense plays over their heads, Ainge gets more than 20 minutes to do something with the ball. The defense giving up 500 YARDS(rough guesstimate) is what kept the offense from ever getting a rythm or a chance to do anything. They had scored 17 points off of 27 plays in the first half, that's pretty impressive.

The offense seemed to have plenty of rhythm when we ran Foster. And what is this about "rhythm"? People seem to want to use that as a crutch for ainge in this game but want to discount it when you talk about getting Crompton, Moore, or any of the other young guys in the game. They need to be able to get into the flow of a game in order to suceed just like Ainge does.

and for the record about our defense.....I think we had some BS calls that kept their drives alive......I know of 2 PI's and 2 holds......

You almost had me bashing coaches........but then I realize Ainge hasn't been a winner in 4 years when his backs against the wall............if you want to say the UGA comeback last year you can have it, that's 1 out of how many games??

1 more than Phil had.....

Funny thing....every year, it seems like different players are singled out for "not making the plays"....

It's been the same head coach throughout.

Makes you wonder.....

Guys of all the head hunting we need to do, Ainge is far far away from the top of the list.

He's neither the problem, nor the solution. He's neither hurting the team or helping. He's fitting in to the scheme that the coaches (or Fulmer) has of "playing not to lose".

He's neither the problem, nor the solution. He's neither hurting the team or helping. He's fitting in to the scheme that the coaches (or Fulmer) has of "playing not to lose".

I understand that but GEEZ, we'll have to go thru 2, 3 or even 4 coaches before we get back to the top.......that's the trend and I dread that if CPF gets fired :ermm:

For the record, I didn't waste my money on GamePlan, then the game turns up on the local affiliate any way.

At the end of the 3rd quarter, I called the final score (within 3 points), and switched over to Penn State - Indiana.

Apparently, I'm the only one here who (a) believes this is a mediocre team at best, and (b) holds the head coach accountable.

I had already scheduled my Smoky Mt. vacation for the first week of December. I knew in my heart this team wasn't going to Atlanta.

go vols.

For the record, I didn't waste my money on GamePlan, then the game turns up on the local affiliate any way.

At the end of the 3rd quarter, I called the final score (within 3 points), and switched over to Penn State - Indiana.

Apparently, I'm the only one here who (a) believes this is a mediocre team at best, and (b) holds the head coach accountable.

I had already scheduled my Smoky Mt. vacation for the first week of December. I knew in my heart this team wasn't going to Atlanta.

go vols.

You are not alone Gwolf.

in Tennessee history.

It's not the talent on the field...it's the coaching.

In fact, I think it's a real shame that Ainge is being wasted by our clown show coaching staff.

BTW, those who say he always folds when down, he looked pretty good against UGA in the second half comeback last year. Can't we just go back to bashing coaches?
The highlight of his career (outside of the 2004 Florida game) is where he beat a team that would go on to lose just about every game in the east division in one calendar year.

in Tennessee history.

In fact, I think it's a real shame that Ainge is being wasted by our clown show coaching staff.

The interception in the second quarter said it all GAmsler. I think he has struggled with the pinky all year. He does not have the same zip on balls that require it. We have wasted a very talented QB.

You are not alone Gwolf.

Yeah, lex, I know. You and I have had this conversation before. Time and again, it seems.

I am trapped between my apparently unconditional love for UT Football....my absolute disgust at what CPF has let this once proud tradition become...and my disbelief at the ever-shrinking crowd of Kool Aid chuggers who refuse to accept the idea that the head coach is ultimately responsible for the performance of his team.

Thank God for the soothing relief of Anheuser-Busch.

And the smooth southern tonic that flows out of Dyersburg.

go vols.

You too, Mr. Motlow.

in Tennessee history.

Stat wise, Ainge is in the top 5.

But if you had a choice between Andy Kelly, Heath Shuler, Tee Martin or Casey Clausen... or Erik Ainge, who would you take?

Let's not even bring Peyton, Tony Robinson or Conredge in the discussion.

I know I am gonna get it for this BUT it doesn't matter who is coaching, if you don't have a QB that has fire and emotion you're always gonna be "mediocre"!! Ainge showed no intensity, no emotion and was very lackadaisical with 11 minutes left in the game....I agree he has great stats but he can't throw the deep ball!! I know alot of you are going to disagree with me......but he plays with no enthusiasm and is not a leader!!

I must have missed what position he was playing on defense or kicking teams. Ainge is not our problem. Lack of defensive talent is evident. We do not have SEC caliber linemen, linebackers, or secondary. This is one of the worst defenses I have seen in over 30 years of Vol football.

The interception in the second quarter said it all GAmsler. I think he has struggled with the pinky all year. He does not have the same zip on balls that require it. We have wasted a very talented QB.

As much as it pains me to say this, I'll give Ainge a muligan on that pass. At least he was attempting to make something happen. He has made very few mistakes in terms of ints. this season.

The offense seemed to have plenty of rhythm when we ran Foster. And what is this about "rhythm"? People seem to want to use that as a crutch for ainge in this game but want to discount it when you talk about getting Crompton, Moore, or any of the other young guys in the game. They need to be able to get into the flow of a game in order to suceed just like Ainge does.

Definitely agree about the young guys needing more than a play or 2 in the game to find rythm. It's bad when the starting QB doesn't even get to see the field for more than 22 minutes

I am a huge Anige fan, but our offense did not score a point in the second half, is that the defense fault?????All I could hear during the second half is the Tn players telling Bama they are tired and not to hit them...

Ainge hasn't been our problem since 2005.

Do you want your quarterback fired up and showing emotion while losing by 21 with 11:00 left? haha Why? He isn't Tebow and pumping up the opposing crowd right before losing. I don't really get what you want from that. Doesn't make much sense.

You don't see Tom Brady showing emotion, you don't see Peyton Manning showing a lot of emotion, you don't see Carson Palmer showing emotion, etc etc etc.

Last time I checked, having a QB that's cool and calm and level headed was a plus. I also have no idea what EMOTION has to do with being a winner.

Look at his record as a starter and throw in wins over Bama, Georgia and Florida.....what more do you want?

He can't play defense, he can't run block, and he can't make his receivers create plays after the catch.

What deep balls has he thrown that have been so terrible? He's barely thrown any and he threw a few gems today that didn't end up with much success. The interception was just a GREAT play. He's accurate no matter where he throws the ball.

I love how everyone goes after Ainge but nobody calls out team mascot Ryan Karl.

It looks like this team is loaded full of quitters on both sides of the ball. They fought and failed at Cal... acceptable. I dont like but, but I accept it. At Florida and now at Bama... on the road mind you... they got a gut check and flat out quit. They came out, stopped Bama and were driving and a great play by Alabama stopped a drive cold. Good teams rely on each other and keep it together. The wheels fell off for the Vols today and it was embarrassing. They just plain quit playing like they are capable and made JP Wilson and DJ Hall look like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. That was as pathetic a showing as I've seen since I started watching Tennessee football.

VN Store

Back