Ahuna not eligible??

How do you get this far and not have it settled?
Cause they didn't play this card until right before the season start to maximize the damage. All of this is coordinated in my opinion. I'm a broken record, but if they continue holding us up with Ahuna and/or Vitello come Monday, it's time to lawyer up and escalate things.

Cause they didn't play this card until right before the season start to maximize the damage. All of this is coordinated in my opinion. I'm a broken record, but if they continue holding us up with Ahuna and/or Vitello come Monday, it's time to lawyer up and escalate things.
That will certainly escalate...... but it won't expedite.

That will certainly escalate...... but it won't expedite.
Not so sure. The NCAA wants no part of a courtroom especially if UT has a strong case on both...particularly Ahuna. He can make a convincing argument that his career and future earnings are being harmed by being forced to sit for too long. Vitello....not so much. Still, this is just a coach and player getting ahead of themselves and mistiming things if what I've read is accurate. Nothing sinister here. Both are serving several game "suspensions", but enough is enough especially if these are level 3 violations. At some point, it becomes excessive especially in light of how other, more serious transgressions have been handled. Starting to look....should I say....coordinated and vindictive?

Not so sure. The NCAA wants no part of a courtroom especially if UT has a strong case on both...particularly Ahuna. He can make a convincing argument that his career and future earnings are being harmed by being forced to sit for too long. Vitello....not so much. Still, this is just a coach and player getting ahead of themselves and mistiming things if what I've read is accurate. Nothing sinister here. Both are serving several game "suspensions", but enough is enough especially if these are level 3 violations. At some point, it becomes excessive especially in light of how other, more serious transgressions have been handled. Starting to look....should I say....coordinated and vindictive?
You relly don't think NCAA atorneys could keep this tied up in pretrial shennanigans for well over 3 months? The season would be over before he got his day in court.

exactly.. the NCAA's position has always been to minimize the impact on the student-athlete involved in these situations. There was a really nice blurb about it in the article on the Miami twins NIL infractions. This poor kid's entire family came over to watch him play and couldn't. It seems they're going the complete opposite of their stated approach.

You relly don't think NCAA atorneys could keep this tied up in pretrial shennanigans for well over 3 months? The season would be over before he got his day in court.
I agree they certainly could. But if it was done over something minor he could have a field day saying they cost him millions from not being able to play, impacting his draft status

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This Scott merkin guy…

For starters, auto correct didn’t snap on merkin as a surname. I misspelled surname and it gave me an assist.

…still no autocorrect suggestion for merkin….

I saw his interview early on. Great interview. Hate that Covid shut things down for Crochet, great debut, then TJS. I’m looking forward to his season with CWS.

Back to my hidden topic. I was wondering why autocorrect didn’t recognize merkin as a surname after the proper name Scott.

….hmmmm
Did it correct to “ ‘Murican”? As in “I’m proud to be a Murican”?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Would be nice if the SEC would just go ahead and disband from the NCAA. The NCAA needs the SEC more than the SEC needs the NCAA.
In football I would agree other sports not so much. But even then only chance you have of anything moving from the ncaa is football every other sport will stay with ncaa

In football I would agree other sports not so much. But even then only chance you have of anything moving from the ncaa is football every other sport will stay with ncaa
SEC is a better baseball conference than it is a football conference. Whoever wins that conference should just be crowned national champions. They don’t need the NCAA in either sport. They could play minor league teams out of conference for all I care. The SEC is going to flourish either way due to the amount of money pouring in from TV deals.

SEC is a better baseball conference than it is a football conference. Whoever wins that conference should just be crowned national champions. They don’t need the NCAA in either sport. They could play minor league teams out of conference for all I care. The SEC is going to flourish either way due to the amount of money pouring in from TV deals.

9 since 2000.. it’s good but it doesn’t mean you just are the best because you are in the SEC.. and the NCAA does a great job with most sports and the most exciting tournament is also and NCAA Tourney.. again football doesn’t need the NCAA but I do believe every other sport does.. can they do it own their own sure but they would need everyone to go with… I really hate the whole we are the best and our tournaments only matter.. look at us last year and you think we should have just crowned up natty winners?

9 since 2000.. it’s good but it doesn’t mean you just are the best because you are in the SEC.. and the NCAA does a great job with most sports and the most exciting tournament is also and NCAA Tourney.. again football doesn’t need the NCAA but I do believe every other sport does.. can they do it own their own sure but they would need everyone to go with… I really hate the whole we are the best and our tournaments only matter.. look at us last year and you think we should have just crowned up natty winners?
Yes I think the SEC top teams would beat the living hell out of most other conferences regardless of sport. Alot went into Tennessee losing last year in baseball. Rogue unpires, drama and beating the living hell out of everyone all season long. Im in the camp super regionals need to be 3/5 format. You can keep the winners / losers at the World series but again the NC game needs to be 3/5. This crowns a true champ and also gets more guys playing and likely more people viewing

Look at the amount of SEC teams that make the CWS on an annual basis and get back to us 😉

And winning the SECT is actually harder than the CWS imo. You don’t get a 2nd chance once you reach the championship round. You could literally win out up until the championship game, lose that one game, and be the runner-up. The past two CWS champions didn’t win a single game in the SECT. Mississippi State got run-ruled out of the tournament. That just tells you all you need to know about how difficult the conference is in baseball.

The SEC has had a team in the CWS final every year since 2008, except for 2016. On 3 of those occasions, it was an all SEC final. It is by far the best baseball conference and it’s not even close.

2008 UGA
2009 LSU
2010 SCar
2011 Scar & UF
2012 Scar
2013 MSU
2014 Vandy
2015 Vandy
2017 UF & LSU
2018 Ark
2019 Vandy
2020 Covid
2021 MSU & Vandy
2022 Ole Miss

So you guys think that as the SEC we just say you know what we don’t need to play the best schools? That’s a bully mentality. Obviously I’m a huge sec fan but at the same time you stop being the best if you aren’t playing the best from other conferences.. and as this was started was because someone said just be on our own but all our sports can’t make it I promise.. and for all of you if you ask Tony V I promise you he will say he would take a ncaa natty over a sec tournament championship 10/10 times if you think I’m wrong sorry but you are indeed an idiot

VN Store

Back