Ahuna not eligible??

The problem is NIL. NCAA doesn't know what to do and tying to crack down and pinpoint when deals are made in relative to the transfer portal. This will get cleared up.
This didn’t have anything to do with NIL. His coach was out so he was looking for a new home. The question is how the recruitment of Maui took place. Now the NCAA wants to know how all of our recruitments transpire

This didn’t have anything to do with NIL. His coach was out so he was looking for a new home. The question is how the recruitment of Maui took place. Now the NCAA wants to know how all of our recruitments transpire
Yes it does, tons of layers. It will get cleared up.

I just have no idea what we’re (the NCAA) trying to accomplish here. You have opened the can of worms. The genie is out of the bottle. NIL and the transfer portal exist and you implemented them under the guise of saying you want to empower student athletes, yet there is ZERO consistency to how the rules apply, when they decide rules have been broken, etc.

What is their goal here? It’s a freaking mess and in my mind you cannot straddle the line. Either it’s all or nothing. Either you are committing to empowering the student or you never should have implemented NIL and the transfer portal to begin with. This wishy washy crap isn’t fair to anyone.

Does this go deeper than Maui? Do we have more trouble down the road?
No more trouble than any other top program, they chose to look deeper at us than anyone else…..as Volbaseballfan said. I will get cleared up however it’s a mess for everyone right now regarding the NIL fiasco.

I just have no idea what we’re (the NCAA) trying to accomplish here. You have opened the can of worms. The genie is out of the bottle. NIL and the transfer portal exist and you implemented them under the guise of saying you want to empower student athletes, yet there is ZERO consistency to how the rules apply, when they decide rules have been broken, etc.

What is their goal here? It’s a freaking mess and in my mind you cannot straddle the line. Either it’s all or nothing. Either you are committing to empowering the student or you never should have implemented NIL and the transfer portal to begin with. This wishy washy crap isn’t fair to anyone.

I think the goal is to strong-arm TV into playing “the right way,” or get him out of the sport altogether.

I think the goal is to strong-arm TV into playing “the right way,” or get him out of the sport altogether.
Nope. They just don't want him here. Starting to smell a lot like the Pearl situation. He's toxic and a cheat....unless he's at Auburn instead of UT. Same with Vitello. He's evil in orange. Put him at LSU and he's Saint Tony. If I'm UT and Ahuna's parents, I lawyer up and go on offense....and I mean right damned now.

Arkansas, Vandy, etc., feel about Tony V exactly how we’d feel about Beamer or Drinkwitz if USCe or Mizzou went to the CFP and then followed it up the next year with one of the most dominant college football teams of all time.

Which is to say… I love it.

If that’s the case, they’ll have to find leverage. From what I was told, they haven’t gotten anything useable from our commits.
Is Corbin behind this? I entirely suspect so. Sad he can’t use the Vandy privilege of buying recruits anymore.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
One more thing....he's in what, his second semester at UT? How is this just now a concern? Sorry, but the timing is no coincidence. My assumption is that they got absolutely nothing because nothing exists. Still, they see an opportunity to inflict some damage to our program and season before moving on so they're taking it. Nothing about this passes the smell test. The thing that really pisses me off is that we're allowing them to yank on our short hairs. Enough is enough. Again, lawyer up and go on offense. There's simply no reason to allow this chit to continue.

No I doubt that, I mean tv brought so much attention to college baseball.. it was prob actually good for the sport.. watch baseball around the NCAA and it’s not just tennessee
Good for the sport? Probably.
Good for Tim Corbin, Dave Van Horn, etc..? Not so much.
In an article I just read on outkick, one anonymous coach basically calls out the snitch(not by name) and questions if it was a smart move.

Just a bigger reason to go stomp a hole in Corbin and DVH
Here's your upside. There is going to be so much juice on some of these series this year. Probably like you've never seen in college baseball. Imo, probably wasn't Vanderbilt, but if it was can you imagine the lead up to the games? They could sell 15000 seats if they had them.

One more thing....he's in what, his second semester at UT? How is this just now a concern? Sorry, but the timing is no coincidence. My assumption is that they got absolutely nothing because nothing exists. Still, they see an opportunity to inflict some damage to our program and season before moving on so they're taking it. Nothing about this passes the smell test. The thing that really pisses me off is that we're allowing them to yank on our short hairs. Enough is enough. Again, lawyer up and go on offense. There's simply no reason to allow this chit to continue.
This^

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Absolutely not, these type of inquiries are going on everywhere and it his to do with timing of nil and transfers.
Well, Bama cherry picked last year in football and LSU dominated this last cycle in baseball. Where's the smoke around those programs? Do we just not know what we're doing or is this selective? If we know we've done nothing wrong, challenge this chit legally.

VN Store

Back