Agree or Disagree

I mean, they keep talking about the "good FF" and point to the last few games last year. Look at their last 4 regular season games and he got destroyed by Mizzous defense .. we didn't know Mizzou had a defense. Then had a decent game against USuCk before beating up a bad Idaho team and a nearly as bad FSU team. I think the writer is pretty clear that of the 4 teams he is talking about, he is a UF fan first, showing 3 good throws by FF and not the 1,303 bad ones.

Oh, I don't know. The author really only played FF one compliment, and that was - "Good Feleipe Franks is an NFL prospect with one of the strongest arms in the world." and then went on to say Fromm couldn't make that 70-yd throw that FF made against UT in 2017. Which is true. But then he also went on to say "there is the other side of FF," and that FF's doubters likely have plenty of clips to show the not-NFL ready FF and went on to say that if that FF shows up then UF could lose multiple SEC games. Maybe the author is pro-gators, I really have no idea, but I didn't get that at all from his article.

No, but it shows how much the oline can affect a game. Run game helps and something other than ole blocking does as well.

Did I say that the online play didn't have an effect on the game?

Last edited:
Hey man, itā€™s not a huge thing but why would you call us Vawls on our board.
Kind of like us going on your boards and using u-gay. I hate that too.
My apologies .. sincerely .. won't happen again .. (I also hate the thUGA one especially from teams like UF and AU who fit the mold a little better)

You are correct. The lack of depth for the line will be the biggest factor in overall record. Personally I see us at 7-5. Hopefully I'm surprised.
I am thinking 8-4 to be honest .. we shall see .. I honestly think there is a lot of fire in JG so maybe he wills you an extra game

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Honestly, the article is classic off-season click bait. We were dreadful last year - blown out in 5 of 8 SEC games. While JG may improve, he alone isn't the answer, nor is the OL alone, nor the DL alone, nor is the long snapper alone. We have a serious team problem across the board. Only the head coach can fix it. Only he can field a better team. I believe Pruitt is up to the task.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
You're right, it comes down to the trenches.

I think our OL will be significantly better than what we witnessed during Spring Game and DL might not be as good as it looked in Spring (fingers crossed it is). Hopefully fall recruit arrivals, and Solomon/Gibbs are ready/eligible to go.

If Trey and Kennedy are ready to go that will be huge too.

I would almost want to put Trey back at Guard with Jamir Johnson and Kennedy and let Tatum/Wright/Morris/Akporghene/Niehaus handle the OT positions. That would give us a mean up your gut running presence and stop the interior penetration from opponents (Jeremy Banks agrees).

Thinking about last season and OL:

WV: many missed assignments in 1st half by Guards (It looked like Kennedy's fault but it wasn't)
Next week at practice: Kennedy lost for season before game.
OL readjusting for the next 2 games.
Richmond showed flashes of his ability but was never a consistent player and let JG take too many hits.
Trey Smith lost for season prior to SCAR game. Jamir Johnson and Riley Locklear also hurt during that time.

As far as this season goes, we still have the possibility of some missed assignments from new starters like Morris or Wright but that won't be as critical in a season opener against Georgia State. OL depth should be a lot better too.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
How did we go 7-5 in '09 with two O-line walk ons if that is the most important part of the game?

I have an idea. Maybe scheming? The offensive guru's of that year and for '06 and '07 did well.

You are so clever. I don't care if a -3 star snot nosed kid from Podunk, South Who Cares is our QB, I will support them. I do not waste my time whining because I don't like the choice the coach made, nor will I waste my time dealing with morons. Thankfully now I don't have to.

Reactions: Bret178
I am reminded of Sybil who famously said, "I'm a little bit country. I'm a little bit rock 'n roll."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...-4-sec-east-contenders-from-reaching-atlanta/

This article pins UTs hopes of having a great season on JG but honestly, outsider looking in, I still think it comes down to how the trenches perform. That being said, there are about 5 other things in this article that are just DUMB. Even mentioning Felipe Franks name in the same sentence with "NFL Prospect" is ridiculous until he gets his fuzzy head out of his ass and develops some accuracy which probably ain't happening overnight. Not one QB Mullen has coaches has been super accurate so that thought is subject to debate too.

Anyway, still thinking the Vawls work over the gatuhs, USuCk, UK and Vandy this year. I like them over Mizzou too but still need to see how that team performs early with Bryant.
Its VOLS not vawls ya buttsniffer

I expect to see improvements at every position players, coaching staff, team chemistry and administration.

We can debate how much is needed by whoever, but the bottom line is that improvements are expected.

I can barely wait to see them this fall.

You are so clever. I don't care if a -3 star snot nosed kid from Podunk, South Who Cares is our QB, I will support them. I do not waste my time whining because I don't like the choice the coach made, nor will I waste my time dealing with morons. Thankfully now I don't have to.
giphy.gif

I agree. O line will be the number one contributing factor to the success of our team this year.

Reactions: KBVol
the 09 UGA-UT game where UGA had no answer for Crompton come to mind.
I think Chaney's a very good OC and am thrilled we got him, but I wouldn't cite beating up on a Willie Martinez coached defense as evidence of coaching prowess. Richt would never fire Willie despite his obvious incompetence because he was best man at his wedding or something. Cutcliffe also pantsed Willie on several occasions, of course we got the pleasure of his presence later coaching our DB's.

I think this thread will devolve into "he sucks" vs "he's flawless" šŸ˜

Some of the author's takes seem a bit skewed.
But either way, there's things both JG can do better and Chaney can do to compensate, for the OL - if they continue to struggle. And that will play a huge factor.
Not one person in here has EVER said JG is ā€œflawlessā€ or ā€œgreatā€ or anything of the kind.....plenty have said and continue to say he sucks.

JG has never shown me that he knows how to win. The rest of the team will have to play exceptionally well if JG is tagged with 7 or more wins at QB. In fact, I doubt he is our starting QB for more than 6 games. The creme will rise, and VN is ready!
Thinking he has 7 wins in a season and a half as Tennesseeā€™s starting QB....including wins vs top 25 teams Auburn and Kentucky last year.

Reactions: gnm53108
Not one person in here has EVER said JG is ā€œflawlessā€ or ā€œgreatā€ or anything of the kind.....plenty have said and continue to say he sucks.
You're right.
But I would take "of course he has flaws" seriously if they didn't then argue against every single one that's mentioned. Until then, not gonna.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...-4-sec-east-contenders-from-reaching-atlanta/

This article pins UTs hopes of having a great season on JG but honestly, outsider looking in, I still think it comes down to how the trenches perform. That being said, there are about 5 other things in this article that are just DUMB. Even mentioning Felipe Franks name in the same sentence with "NFL Prospect" is ridiculous until he gets his fuzzy head out of his ass and develops some accuracy which probably ain't happening overnight. Not one QB Mullen has coaches has been super accurate so that thought is subject to debate too.

Anyway, still thinking the Vawls work over the gatuhs, USuCk, UK and Vandy this year. I like them over Mizzou too but still need to see how that team performs early with Bryant.

JG will have to get the ball to the playmakers, and not make mistakes like throwing into coverage or losing the football.
JG will be the key to the Vol offense, make no mistake about it, how JG plays is catamount to UTā€™s success this year

That's a lot to ask of kids in this league .. and speaking of, still hoping for Trey to get healthy .. whether it's for football or anything else, but get healthy and make an impact on society
Youā€™re right, thatā€™s sorta why Iā€™m expecting closer to 5 wins than 9šŸ˜‚

VN Store

Back