ACC

BigOrangeAl 1979

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.

Think about it and it makes some pretty good sense. We would be a annual top 3 team in the ACC. When was the last time we were that in the SEC?

Think about it and it makes some pretty good sense. We would be a annual top 3 team in the ACC. When was the last time we were that in the SEC?
With all due respect I don't want to be top 3 in the ACC. I want to get back to being top 3 in the SEC. Over the last 10 years we haven't been in the top 3 of the SEC but we would not have been in the top 3 of the ACC either.

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.

Tennessee is an original member of the SEC and in fact the SEC was formed in Knoxville. We have a word in our house for thinking like this, it's called pussification.

UT is a charter member of the SEC and has won the second most conference/national titles among member institutions. We are not a cultural fit with the ACC, so I don't understand why we'd willingly take less money to go into a worse situation.
Football wise it would benefit us tremendously the SEC is just too top heavy now only so much room at the top. Also our basketball program would fit in very well in the ACC

Not gonna happen, BUT I do think AR is about to become the Vandy of the West, and their fans are going to get tired of that. In the next B12 alignment they may bolt for the B12 with comparable money to the SEC and WV could move to the SEC. I also think Memphis may be a good candidate for B12

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Not gonna happen, BUT I do think AR is about to become the Vandy of the West, and their fans are going to get tired of that. In the next B12 alignment they may bolt for the B12 with comparable money to the SEC and WV could move to the SEC. I also think Memphis may be a good candidate for B12

Nobody is leaving the SEC.

I love the Vols but I also realize it’s not the 80’s and 90’s anymore I want to see us win conference titles again

So toss tradition out the window, tuck our tails and run to a weaker conference so we can play home and homes with NC State, Carolina, Duke, Pitt, and whatnot. Yeah...no. Players want to play big boy football and short of Clemson the ACC is just not good football.

LOLZ

Reactions: vols4evah

VN Store

Back