ACC

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.

Why don't you go post on the Georgia message boards they would probably love you seeing you're a Georgia troll

b4e90b8ddf6962ea280beecf7cdba40b--grumpy-cat-quotes-grumpy-cat-meme.jpg

It is a really (really) bad idea to make dramatic changes to scheduling or conference affiliation because of short term trends in wins and losses. I would call the suggestion asinine, but I am trying to be polite. But the suggestion is asinine. College football is cyclical, things will come back around, bama will eventually lose Saban and start losing again. There is no need to give up our spot in a conference we are a founding member of (and all the history associated with it) because the football team would temporarily rank higher in another conference. Did I mention that the suggestion to change conferences to the ACC is asinine, because it is asinine.

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.

Yes...and if the ACC improves...do we keep moving down? Maybe a non-Power 5 conference?

SMH

images

It is a really (really) bad idea to make dramatic changes to scheduling or conference affiliation because of short term trends in wins and losses. I would call the suggestion asinine, but I am trying to be polite. But the suggestion is asinine. College football is cyclical, things will come back around, bama will eventually lose Saban and start losing again. There is no need to give up our spot in a conference we are a founding member of (and all the history associated with it) because the football team would temporarily rank higher in another conference. Did I mention that the suggestion to change conferences to the ACC is asinine, because it is asinine.
It’s been 20 years now since we were a elite team in the SEC and a combined 15-45 record against Bama , Georgia and Florida since 2000.

It’s been 20 years now since we were a elite team in the SEC and a combined 15-45 record against Bama , Georgia and Florida since 2000.
Go root for Georgia since you root for Georgia most of the time anyway:rolleyes: I wish all the trolls and negavols would just leave and latch on to another college football team:(

Yeah you posted that in another thread. Why post this one if that's your point? Just continue posting it there

You also started another about "We need to step up and beat Bama this year" but that's not possible if we're in the acc.

So you're either trolling or more than one person is using this account. Which is it?

WonderWoman2.jpg

Freak, ban this protoplasmic glob from VN for all eternity. The horror, the horror, the horror!!! The sheer abomination of this thing. Off with its head if it has one. If not put it in a giant blender with Carolina Reapers, kerosene and set fire to what comes out. Oh, the horror, the horror!!!!

People are flaming OP (maybe rightfully so), but there is a valid point. We'd always be in contention for a championship in the ACC. There are so many landmines in the SEC. Didn't FSU have a chance to move into the SEC at one point and Bowden said "heck no?" Your recruiting targets don't shift and you can waltz into the ACC championship game. I've never thought of what the OP is proposing. I think there's some sense behind it. But truthfully I have no clue what the revenue payouts are being in the SEC compared to the ACC.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
People are flaming OP (maybe rightfully so), but there is a valid point. We'd always be in contention for a championship in the ACC. There are so many landmines in the SEC. Didn't FSU have a chance to move into the SEC at one point and Bowden said "heck no?" Your recruiting targets don't shift and you can waltz into the ACC championship game. I've never thought of what the OP is proposing. I think there's some sense behind it. But truthfully I have no clue what the revenue payouts are being in the SEC compared to the ACC.
Volnation has more trolls than Lord Of The Rings:rolleyes:

That’s the point I’m trying to make it’s been 13 years since we have been in the SEC title game it’s just too tough and more top heavy now than it’s ever been even the lower tier teams are not cupcakes anymore and some teams get squeezed out from the top rung like us. We certainly couldn’t waltz our way thru the ACC but it would be a far easier road to playing for a conference title.

VN Store

Back