ACC

Bawahaha, yup it's the off season. Tennessee will never leave the SEC.

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.
Why be second best in the ACC when we can be the best in conference USA in most years?

this thread... :eek:

Not gonna happen, BUT I do think AR is about to become the Vandy of the West, and their fans are going to get tired of that. In the next B12 alignment they may bolt for the B12 with comparable money to the SEC and WV could move to the SEC. I also think Memphis may be a good candidate for B12
Arky has a history with some of those B12 schools, they left the SWC for a reason. Similiar reason A&M is now in the SEC...TX will never be in the SEC and thank god for that. Arky ain't going anywhere and no other school is either.

Oh and, F WV, don't want those toothless bastards in the SEC, they add nothing of value.

Reactions: TrueOrange
I know this thread might ruffle some feathers but I’ve thought for awhile now we would be better served moving to the ACC. We would’ve been the second best team in the ACC this year really and would be right at the top every year with Clemson. Knoxville is pretty close to ACC country as well and we border NC, and Virginia so natural annual rivalries with Va. Tech and Virginia along UNC and NC st. would naturally be formed.
Maybe we should join the SOCON, we would be the best team and win the FCS every year. We could have a natural rival in UTC.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Not gonna happen, BUT I do think AR is about to become the Vandy of the West, and their fans are going to get tired of that. In the next B12 alignment they may bolt for the B12 with comparable money to the SEC and WV could move to the SEC. I also think Memphis may be a good candidate for B12
West Virginia has zero TV sets worth adding to the footprint .

How many, “worse thread ever” threads are we going to have this winter/spring?

ACC play is just ... awful. Georgia Tech still rues the day it left the SEC. IMO the SEC is real football. If anything, Clemson should be in the SEC.

Under this theory, just join the MAC.

Great idea!!!! We're never gonna beat Florida anyway and a bunch want to take Bama off our permanent cross division schedule. Georgia owns us. Vandy did own us up.until this year, but we barley beat them. Only teams we beat sucked. We can't go to the Sunbelt because of GaSt, so let's do it!

Think about it and it makes some pretty good sense. We would be a annual top 3 team in the ACC. When was the last time we were that in the SEC?
What would you rather be?.... serving on a battleship or Captain of a garbage barge? SEC is the best conference why go anywhere else!?

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLVOL24/7/365
put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard. You just need to go pull for GA or Bama.

go pick an ACC school to root for, OP you deserve them. Give back the VFL card and go sit in the corner and wear the cone of shame.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I sincerely wonder about you. You start all these threads bashing Tennessee, or praising uga, but you're a Vols fan? Starting to smell like a troll.

VN Store

Back