Abortions and the bible.

I've repeatedly asked you to give us a way of quantifying the value of a human and you won't answer. You just change the subject or deflect.

What is realized value for humans and how do you calculate it?

Like I said...

Shake up a can of soda and it fizzes.

Why should your fizzing matter, or you care about my fizzing. We’re just fizzes and pops:

I guess if a slave owner would save his horse over slaves then.......

How working in an abortion clinic changed my mind about terminations

Perspective from a Catholic midwife that worked at an abortion clinic.
I’ll tell you what that is. A placement piece due to the number of abortion workers that have come out against abortion after witnessing them.
I Read the article and can’t see it as anything legit. A pro life person voluntarily going to work at an abortion clinic?? Sure. Then filling the article with Emotionally charged drivel.

Quote:
Pro-life strips a woman and a family of all respect and dignity. Pro-choice hands dignity and respect to that woman, and grants her the power to make her own decisions. I do not for the life of me understand how something so personal, heartbreaking, and medical ever became a point of political and religious discussion. I do know that it is time for this to change.

I’d agree with one thing. It is time to present pro life apart from religiously charged rhetoric.

Last edited:
Like I said...
And like I’ve said. It isn’t necessary to “prove” value. The VERY definition of a priori goes against that. You’re just hoping the other readers aren’t smart enough to realize that. If you say we OUGHT to have laws, you are saying humans have value and agreeing with the very assumption. You’ve just chosen to couch it there and ignore countless other points because you foolishly think you have some sort of high ground. Badgering me isn’t going to change a thing. You just keep on living as if human life has value. Keep on fizzing.

I’ll tell you what that is. A placement piece due to the number of abortion workers that have come out against abortion after witnessing them.
I Read the article and can’t see it as anything legit. A pro life person voluntarily going to work at an abortion clinic?? Sure. Then filling the article with Emotionally charged drivel.

Quote:

I’d agree with one thing. It is time to present pro life apart from religiously charged rhetoric.

Emotionally charged drivel? That’s rich considering the personal and emotional anecdotes from the pro life side in this thread. Get over yourself.

And like I’ve said. It isn’t necessary to “prove” value. The VERY definition of a priori goes against that. You’re just hoping the other readers aren’t smart enough to realize that. If you say we OUGHT to have laws, you are saying humans have value and agreeing with the very assumption. You’ve just chosen to couch it there and ignore countless other points because you foolishly think you have some sort of high ground. Badgering me isn’t going to change a thing. You just keep on living as if human life has value. Keep on fizzing.

No one is badgering. They are just calling you out on your preaching BS. You look like a clown running around accusing others of doing the same thing you are.

How did abortion come to be?

A) People were on a quest to do what's right and discovered that they should be aborting fetuses.

B) People wanted to abort fetuses and worked backwards to find a way to justify it.
You forgot C ) We irresponsibly chose short term pleasure over responsibility and don't want to deal with the long term consequence so we take the quick way out. AND we also fail to consider any possible future consequences of that quick way out. Or we just don't care.

Emotionally charged drivel? That’s rich considering the personal and emotional anecdotes from the pro life side in this thread. Get over yourself.
There is a difference in facts eliciting emotion and intentionally manipulating a story. This was clearly the latter.

No one is badgering. They are just calling you out on your preaching BS. You look like a clown running around accusing others of doing the same thing you are.
Ignore then.

It’s absolutely badgering. Look up a priori you dolt. He knows that, he just doesn’t care. It’s one part of many, and I’ve said so multiple times.

And like I’ve said. It isn’t necessary to “prove” value. The VERY definition of a priori goes against that. You’re just hoping the other readers aren’t smart enough to realize that. If you say we OUGHT to have laws, you are saying humans have value and agreeing with the very assumption.

You're confusing a priori with a presupposition. You still need to support your claim if you want to convince someone you're right. I have already told you numerous times that I can agree that humans have value and still justify an abortion. Support your argument.

You’ve just chosen to couch it there and ignore countless other points because you foolishly think you have some sort of high ground. Badgering me isn’t going to change a thing. You just keep on living as if human life has value. Keep on fizzing.

But if the realized value of your embryo isn't enough to override the value of your choice then you should be able to have an abortion, right? How do we decide which has more value?

Reactions: rjd970
Ignore then.

It’s absolutely badgering. Look up a priori you dolt. He knows that, he just doesn’t care. It’s one part of many, and I’ve said so multiple times.

No princess, it isn't badgering. It's asking questions that aren't being answered anywhere but in your head.

There is a difference in facts eliciting emotion and intentionally manipulating a story. This was clearly the latter.
I learned in one of my criminal justice classes that if you can get a strong enough emotional response, facts do not matter. At all. The most successful trial attorneys are masters at this.

Last edited:
You're confusing a priori with a presupposition. You still need to support your claim if you want to convince someone you're right. I have already told you numerous times that I can agree that humans have value and still justify an abortion. Support your argument.
Saying that humanity cares about humanity is must certainly a priori. You supported my claim. You, and any other rational person lives as if these things are true.

But if the realized value of your embryo isn't enough to override the value of your choice then you should be able to have an abortion, right? How do we decide which has more value?

Life
Inconvenience

I can tell you where the burden ought to lie.
I’ve alreayd shown that realized value doesn’t enhance or diminish actual value.l, and I doubt selfishness is much of a case for anything.

Last edited:
Saying that humanity cares about humanity is must certainly a priori. You supported my claim. You, and any other rational person lives as if these things are true.

So you're telling me that you know humanity cares about humanity independent from any experience? Saying you know because of how people live is a posteriori--it requires experience or an account of how they live. You are making a presupposition.

Life
Inconvenience

I can tell you where the burden ought to lie.
I’ve alreayd shown that realized value doesn’t enhance or diminish actual value.l, and I doubt selfishness is much of a case for anything.

You haven't provided a way to calculate either one so we can't determine which choice to make. Only your opinion so far.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

Your scenario. One fork leads to 10 inmates and another to a 5 year old child. Which one do you save?

So you're telling me that you know humanity cares about humanity independent from any experience? Saying you know because of how people live is a posteriori--it requires experience or an account of how they live. You are making a presupposition.

You haven't provided a way to calculate either one so we can't determine which choice to make. Only your opinion so far.
You find me a scale to way the laws of logic and I’ll find you one to measure value.

If it’s a posteriori, are you saying that we ought to teach that humanity matters?

Last edited:
New state abortion bans give women same choice as men: Sex or no sex

Couple quotes from the article that I am sure will cause butt rash for some.
When it comes to becoming a father, men have always had choice — we've just had to make the choice before we have sex. That’s true whether we are wearing a condom or she says she’s on birth control. Pregnancy is a risk men are choosing to take each time we have sex. If a baby is conceived, we have no more legal choice in whether we become parents.
So it is infuriating that Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Ohio are not including exceptions for rape and incest in their restrictive new abortion laws. It is one thing for a woman to decide to have sex and then later discard the obvious consequence as if a unique human life had no value. It is quite another to be forced into sex and then have an abortion to protect yourself from the life that comes as a result of someone else’s violence.

Illinois Governor & Abortion -- J.B. Pritzker Signs Bill Scrapping Third-Trimester Abortion Restrictions | National Review
The bill scraps a requirement that a second physician sign off on an abortion performed after viability (around 24 weeks) and permits the procedure for the “health of the patient,” which includes “all factors that are relevant to the patient’s health and well-being, including, but not limited to, physical, emotional, psychological, and familial health and age.”
The law also repeals Illinois’s Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act, although that procedure, usually performed extremely late in a pregnancy, is still prohibited by federal law. Certain non-doctor medical professionals would be permitted to perform abortions under the law, and all health insurers would be required to cover the procedure.

Basically Illinois says you can kill your baby because you feel like it at any time prior to birth.

VN Store

Back