Abortions and the bible.

The analogy was 1000 embryos vs one 5 yr old. This is meant to illustrate how much more you value an actual person than an embryo. That's it. The point of the analogy was never to prove that embryos aren't human or persons. I don't know why you're hung up on that because I never said it.

I've also said that the value of an embryo could be greater than zero and an abortion could be justified.
And that analogy has been addressed.
I value my child more than 5,000 children in Africa, or Vonore for that matter.

The analogy was 1000 embryos vs one 5 yr old. This is meant to illustrate how much more you value an actual person than an embryo. That's it. The point of the analogy was never to prove that embryos aren't human or persons. I don't know why you're hung up on that because I never said it.

I've also said that the value of an embryo could be greater than zero and an abortion could be justified.
There could 100 inmates in one room and a 5 year old in another and I'm picking the 5 year old. That does not validate allowing the immediate death penalty whenever the "victim" arbitrarily chooses.

Judge: Hey mister, this guy broke into your house and stole your TV, you want to kill him?
Victim: Yeah.. it wouldn't be convenient living with the responsibility to having to lock my door.

Like I said, its inconsequential to validating an abortion.

No matter the answer, there is loss of life. Picking which one loses doesnt justify the right to kill the other on demand.

If you added a choice to save both parties, not a single person will prevent the embryos from being saved just like they wouldn't prevent the inmates or the elderly. What you are advocating for is looking at the embryos and turning your back on them for no reason at all just because you can. I am advocating on saving them because it is wrong not to unnecessarily.

Ok, so electrons and chemicals.
That is what constitutes the laws of logic?

Immaterial doesn’t mean a “realm.”
Do you think ideas, such as love, liberty and justice are just matter in flux?

Yes. Prove me wrong. What does "immaterial" do and why does it depend on material in order to do anything? How does it interface with material? How does immaterial create love?

Yes, your child. Assume it's a 5 yr old you don't know. Are you going to choose the embryos? Even if you did, most wouldn't.
The realized value is still there.
I’ve never seen anyone argue that an embryo in a jar is of the same value as a 5 year old. Nor have you shown how this justifies abortion.
I’d say if you were on the other side you’d dismiss this rudely.

Yes. Prove me wrong. What does "immaterial" do and why does it depend on material in order to do anything? How does it interface with material? How does immaterial create love?
Don’t need to. I don’t see why we’d have any reason to prove any chemical/electrical blip as anything more significant than an elephant fart.

We’re interfacing right now.
How does matter create love?
What does it weigh? What is it’s shape? Mass? Color? Smell?

I’ve never seen anyone argue that an embryo in a jar is of the same value as a 5 year old. Nor have you shown how this justifies abortion.
it's amazing to see someone actually think the exercise helps their argument for abortion

Don’t need to. I don’t see why we’d have any reason to prove any chemical/electrical blip as anything more significant than an elephant fart.

So you dont see any reason to support a claim that you've continually made? Ok.

We’re interfacing right now.
How does matter create love?
What does it weigh? What is it’s shape? Mass? Color? Smell?

Via chemical reactions in the brain...?

Love, Actually: The science behind lust, attraction, and companionship - Science in the News

No one said it justifies abortion. Jesus Christ. How many times do I need to explain this? The only point is to show you that you hold persons in a much higher regard than non-persons. The fact that it's human life is largely irrelevant too because I'd be willing to bet most would save their own pet rather than the embryos.

So the claim that you've continually made (human life has value) is not that important by itself to whether an abortion is justified or not. I've repeatedly asked you to give us a way of quantifying the value of a human and you won't answer. You just change the subject or deflect.

What is realized value for humans and how do you calculate it?

No one said it justifies abortion. Jesus Christ. How many times do I need to explain this? The only point is to show you that you hold persons in a much higher regard than non-persons. The fact that it's human life is largely irrelevant too because I'd be willing to bet most would save their own pet rather than the embryos.

So the claim that you've continually made (human life has value) is not that important by itself to whether an abortion is justified or not. I've repeatedly asked you to give us a way of quantifying the value of a human and you won't answer. You just change the subject or deflect.

Your exercise does not conclude one being a person and one not. The unpicked 75 year old is still a person, the inmates are still people.

I’m sure it is amazing for somebody that still can’t understand the point of the exercise 1600 posts into this thread.
If you and him think that picking the 5 year old defines the embryos as "nonpersons" you're equally slow.

I guess if a slave owner would save his horse over slaves then.......

I guess if a slave owner would save his horse over slaves then.......
We can now also conclude the 75 year old lady is a non-person.

A 45 year old nonbinary transgender of 1/50 native American heritage is also a non-person... uh oh...

I'd also save the 5 year old over Hillary Clinton. Guess she's a non-person now.

Only playing by the stupid exercises rules here.

I’d say if you were on my side you’d dismiss this rudely.
FIfy

We can now also conclude the 75 year old lady is a non-person.

A 45 year old nonbinary transgender of 1/50 native American heritage is also a non-person... uh oh...

I'd also save the 5 year old over Hillary Clinton. Guess she's a non-person now.

Only playing by the stupid exercises rules here.
I wonder how many libs would save Trump?

How did abortion come to be?

A) People were on a quest to do what's right and discovered that they should be aborting fetuses.

B) People wanted to abort fetuses and worked backwards to find a way to justify it.

VN Store

Back