A lesson from the South

Charlotte is a no name, for homecoming, team didn't care one bit. BYU is game 2 at night at home. Again, terrible comparison. Its like saying we lose to VT bc how bad we played vs Appalachian St.

If the team "didn't care one bit" was and still is their mind set, then Coach P and staff have a big problem. If a staff can't get a team up for homecoming, well I think they lack a big element in their coaching ability. However, I don't think your statement about "caring" is correct. Team just looked ahead thinking "pushover". What that team just didn't understand was they weren't as good as they thought. Now, after hopefully waking up, they will start to listen and learn. Should not be too many left with the old attitude.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
come on d4- uh Nationdom, yes we've got more speed (at places) than we've had. BUT,, how does this increase stack up against our rivals? What I'm saying is, we have more speed than we've had, but is it enough to "run" with the others we face? By the way glad to find you again. I have missed your ability to "stir" the masses.:)
This is about BYU, not Alabama and Georgia. That will come with another class or 2.

BYU has no shot at Neyland. Absolutely no shot. They are coming down here to be taught a lesson in southern culture but in that day there will be no hospitality. The speed in which we overwhelm them, they will not soon forget. They have no shot.

Is Neyland hiding behind a tree?

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
It will all depend upon when BYU players decide to give up/quit. We just have to worry if they decide not to!

Anyone else here have a real fear that they can and will beat us?

I mean.. I'd expect a single digit spread, probably within one score..
Its very possible. That early in the season. We are still kind of getting our **** together. Ya know? I mean, they beat Wisconsin, on the road, early on, last season. I'd say Wisconsin is in a better place than UT, at this point in time.

Reactions: photovol
Its very possible. That early in the season. We are still kind of getting our **** together. Ya know? I mean, they beat Wisconsin, on the road, early on, last season. I'd say Wisconsin is in a better place than UT, at this point in time.
Big Ten...Slow, boring football. No playmakers at all. Not worried.

Reactions: 508mikey
BYU has no shot at Neyland. Absolutely no shot. They are coming down here to be taught a lesson in southern culture but in that day there will be no hospitality. The speed in which we overwhelm them, they will not soon forget. They have no shot.

Yeah and Vandy had no shot at beating us with Barnett, Kamara, Malone and Dobbs. Just stop already. They could very easily walk into Knoxville and dominate us.

We have lost 3 games to freaking Vanderbilt. If you dont think BYU can beat us handily then you are woefully mistaken.
Different teams, different situations. Vandy also had good athletes with speed. By then our team had also quit on each other. Won't happen game 2.

I know one thing, BYU and their fans are the dirties sonsabitches I've ever dealt with. I went down to the Memphis BYU bowl game a few years back and seriously, their players are like 30 and play like a prison team.

VN Store

Back