A huge crime was committed in minneapolis tonight.

First they completely Blow a double dribble. Then we had a very similar call to the one on LT in the Purdue game. Notice how they haven't interviewed Bruce Pearl yet! Would love to hear his take!

All Pearl said was if it was a foul it should be called in the first of the game, the middle of the game, and at the end of the game. Which it wasn't. They wait till a game changing moment to change the rules they had been calling all game.

Reactions: amorange
Some TSSAA officials are not good either.

A very high percentage unfortunately.
But that is because there are not enough experts such as yourself that will show enough guts to wear the whistle.

Auburn got robbed just like we did by the refs. Why don't the refs come out before the game begins and just announce who they have decided the winner is? And everyone can go home.
The foul last night was very obviously a foul. Guy did not kick his leg out, just went straight up and tried to come straight back down. The Auburn player landed under the point that Guy jumped from. Not the refs fault. Even the massive Auburn homer, Charles "round mound of rebound" Barkley said it was a foul.

Reactions: k-town_king
All Pearl said was if it was a foul it should be called in the first of the game, the middle of the game, and at the end of the game. Which it wasn't. They wait till a game changing moment to change the rules they had been calling all game.

Where was another jump shooter jumped into like that in the game?

If the refs are being consistent, they have to call that foul (on the 3). If you look at all the fouls they didn’t call on Auburn during the game, I don’t think they got robbed at all.

Same could be said a split second before the double dribble, where Bryce Brown clearly fouled the UVA guard... No foul was called. So there technically should've been a foul before that double dribble.

Reactions: k-town_king
I got out because I no longer had the time to devote because of kids and job.
The money in NCAA sports warrants that football and basketball officials be full time employees that are much better trained and experienced.
Adding a third official only put a band-aid on the problem.

Agree. Instead of worrying about grad transfer eligibility, NCAA should focus on better referee training in the 2 major sports for the highest level schools. Make those officials full time, continual training, and pay them accordingly.

Reactions: T-TownVol
The double dribble was a double dribble. Hard to see in real time? Read above.

The Foul was a foul. Hard not to call. Meets Criteria. Not even like the Turner Call and there is no comparison.

Least we forget the Mugging in the Auburn-Florida Semi-Final SEC tournament Game.

That foul was not called it was ignored.

Karma!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sure they didn’t feel bad for us so why feel bad for them? Good riddance

They kept us from an SEC title, SEC tournament title, and made it further than we did in the NCAA tourney. No they didn’t feel bad, and I for one certainly do not feel bad for them. I think Tony Bennett is a great coach, and has built his team the right way. I can’t say I wasn’t pulling for them, and think they deserve it as much as anybody.

The foul call on the final shot was the correct call. Watch the Auburn player jump into the UVA player while he's in the air. The shooters lower body get knocked out from under him. You can't do that on your own. That was the correct call. The Auburn player definitely hit him.

Yes that is true, but the refs hadn't called it all game. They were letting them play and to change the rules they were playing under all game on the last shot of the game is unforgivable. I can name a dozen shots by Auburn that the same thing happened and nothing was called.

Where was another jump shooter jumped into like that in the game?

I find it telling that I’ve seen you ask this question in more than one thread and you’re getting lots of nonspecific emotional filled responses about how it happened at least a dozen times on every possession yet nobody can cite a single specific example of a similiar foul going uncalled. Weird...

They way they’re talking, you think it’s be fairly easy to find 3 or 4. Yet nothing...

Maybe it's a tough job? Many times it's such a bang, bang type play, it's a "judgment" call. Missed/bad calls are as old as the sports themselves. Sure, there are some bad eggs in the profession, but overall, I think they do their best to get it right. Sometimes, like we all do, they fail at their jobs.

And I've watched the replay of the last shot several times. The Auburn defender jumped into him and assumed a straight up posture. The Auburn players momentum force the UVA shooters lower half to kick out from under him as a result. This happened while he was in the air. UVA player didn't create that movement of his lower half. The Auburn player caused that. It was a foul. Auburn did not get robbed on that call.
Bang bang or not you can’t make that call to decide a game with 2 or 3 seconds left. We got royally screwed against LSU and Purdue because of this. Let the game play unless it’s completely obvious. Refs can’t determine outcomes.

Reactions: Big time vol
I find it telling that I’ve seen you ask this question in more than one thread and you’re getting lots of nonspecific emotional filled responses about how it happened at least a dozen times on every possession yet nobody can cite a single specific example of a similiar foul going uncalled. Weird...

They way they’re talking, you think it’s be fairly easy to find 3 or 4. Yet nothing...

Indeed. Auburn fans would be lighting the web up with these examples, if they existed.

First they completely Blow a double dribble. Then we had a very similar call to the one on LT in the Purdue game. Notice how they haven't interviewed Bruce Pearl yet! Would love to hear his take!
Guy didn't kick his leg out. He went straight up. Doughty drifted into him, made contact, and took away his landing space. That's a foul. Missing the double-dribble was huge. Should've been Auburn's ball. Game over.

The missed double dribble call gives the same feeling as the missed pass interference call with the Saints. With three referees watching, they’re either corrupt, have personal agendas, or are incompetent. Take your pick.

Reactions: Big time vol
A very high percentage unfortunately.
But that is because there are not enough experts such as yourself that will show enough guts to wear the whistle.
What a loser you are. Pretty much the attitude of officials- like you.

VN Store

Back