#7 Oregon @ Tennessee

please. if it had happened to us we'd all be saying the penalty was a good call and oregon should play by the rules.

if you're so upset about it, find a way to improve the players' equipment to the same extent as their physical abilities and strength have increased so that anytime a player takes a big helmet hit he doesn't fall limp to the ground and have to be carried off on a cart or taken to a hospital.

player safety has always been a huge part of the game ever since back when Theodore Roosevelt made them reevaluate/improve the sport after the 1905 season caused 18 deaths. It's a dangerous sport, they're trying to keep these kids from ending up with serious problems

Can't think of the name but a safety of 20 years ago was just inducted in the hall of fame. He was inducted for head hunting. I guess the rules didn't apply to him.

He made a living hitting people helmet to helmet.

I know, I still hope the kids alright. Player safety is a soft spot for me, I blew my knee playing ball.

I hope he is alright also. I'm just saying, Tennessee's player didn't go for the guys head. He went for the ball. If he went for the guys head, the guy would be out for the night. I guess players are suppose to allow catches if they are "defenseless".

Can't think of the name but a safety of 20 years ago was just inducted in the hall of fame. He was inducted for head hunting. I guess the rules didn't apply to him.

He made a living hitting people helmet to helmet.

he probably wasn't causing so many concussions as you see in the current era of the sport.

The players are now able to achieve a greater peak of physical conditioning and strength while unfortunately the strength of the player's safety equipment has not improved all that much in the same amount of time. Something has to be done and unfortunately at this point, nobody knows how to drastically improve the extent of the safety equipment.

I hope he is alright also. I'm just saying, Tennessee's player didn't go for the guys head. He went for the ball. If he went for the guys head, the guy would be out for the night. I guess players are suppose to allow catches if they are "defenseless".

and thus it's a rule, like many sports rules it's not necessarily based on intentions

and after that TD, their WRs might be finding themselves more "defenseless", they've been getting well behind us all night

I apologizing for freaking out.

Will people just admit the Tennessee player didn't head hunt and was going for the ball?

That's all I ask. Refs make questionable calls all the time. I'm disgusted thinking that they automatically had to make that call. If the guy wanted to hit him, he would of. He was trying to knock the ball out.

This is disgusting. The #7 team shouldn't need help against a lowly nobody that everyone predicted a 30 point win against.

noone here said the guy was headhunting......

that penalty was just one of those "it doesn't matter whether you were intentionally going for it or not, what matters is that it happened" rules

I apologizing for freaking out.

Will people just admit the Tennessee player didn't head hunt and was going for the ball?

That's all I ask. Refs make questionable calls all the time. I'm disgusted thinking that they automatically had to make that call. If the guy wanted to hit him, he would of. He was trying to knock the ball out.

This is disgusting. The #7 team shouldn't need help against a lowly nobody that everyone predicted a 30 point win against.

I don't think he was head hunting, it definitely wasn't intentional, but he did hit a defenseless player while leading with his crown. Definitely wasn't purposeful though.

Tennessee's linebacker is hurt. Throw a penalty... ugh. If you can get a penalty for making a play for the ball, should get one anytime a player is hurt.

People sue Mcdonalds over spilled coffee and being obese. Penalty! Haha. So pissed over the one call that led to a tie. This is crap.

Good job Vols. The refs erased a 10 point lead for Oregon. Stick it right up their butthole on offense. Get a touchdown!

Good job Vols. The refs erased a 10 point lead for Oregon. Stick it right up their butthole on offense. Get a touchdown!

no, they erased a 7 point lead.....and alot of what's going on now is our inability to stop them

(and no we're not now afraid of being penalized, dont even go that route)

Tennessee's linebacker is hurt. Throw a penalty... ugh. If you can get a penalty for making a play for the ball, should get one anytime a player is hurt.

People sue Mcdonalds over spilled coffee and being obese. Penalty! Haha. So pissed over the one call that led to a tie. This is crap.

good lord, get over it

no, they erased a 7 point lead.....and alot of what's going on now is our inability to stop them

(and no we're not now afraid of being penalized, dont even go that route)

We should shove a corncob up their bum then. That's penalty enough.

4 more shots for this guy!

Yep... who cares about refs and one call. It's not like Oregon is winning or anything. Oh wait.

VN Store

Back